ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler Down!!!

Been busy all day kids soccer tourney in Missouri. So great they lost. I am not a guy to gamble but I predicted this should have laid a bet or two.

I remember near the end of his career, Keady flirted with the Ohio State job because he said he had proven Purdue could not make a final four- he thought he could do it at a bigger name school. Of course he stayed at Purdue and fizzled out his last few years, but I wonder if Painter will start thinking the same thing: he’s had some great players like Swanigan, Carsen Edwards, Ivey (not great tonight), the Hummel teams and can’t seem to break the sweet 16. Being still in his early 50s,hes young enough to make a move if the opportunity arises.
I can’t envision a scenario where painter would ever leave Purdue.

less than average. Before that last desperation 3 he made, he was 3-11 and 0-5 from 3 with 6 turnovers, actually maybe should have been 7, but I think a bad pass of his was attributed to Edey who bobbled it.
I did not catch your post and just posted the same thing. Overt was erratic and seemed to be playing his own game and not in sync at all with his team or what they were trying to accomplish offensively. He played like the classic player who thinks hS better than everyone else because of his NBA draft status and was trying really hard to prove it all night and hw looked like a selfish and wreck less teammate all night.

I remember near the end of his career, Keady flirted with the Ohio State job because he said he had proven Purdue could not make a final four- he thought he could do it at a bigger name school. Of course he stayed at Purdue and fizzled out his last few years, but I wonder if Painter will start thinking the same thing: he’s had some great players like Swanigan, Carsen Edwards, Ivey (not great tonight), the Hummel teams and can’t seem to break the sweet 16. Being still in his early 50s,hes young enough to make a move if the opportunity arises.
Painter flirted with leaving before. Was it only a ploy to get a pay raise or was he serious? He has had two really good chances, especially with Indiana talent to do great things and failed both times.

Painter flirted with leaving before. Was it only a ploy to get a pay raise or was he serious? He has had two really good chances, especially with Indiana talent to do great things and failed both times.
This may close the door a bit on Painter ever getting the nod at a bigger program. Too many DNFs on his resume.

Maybe he doesn't want a bigger job. Maybe he loves WL.

In order to lose to a low seed you need a high seed. But before that you have you make the tournament. Just saying.....

Boilers have one NCAA record, most defeats by a lower seed at 17…hang a banner bitch
Boilers have one NCAA record, most defeats by a lower seed at 17…hang a banner bitch
Someone on here posted this last year after #4 Purdue lost to #13 seed North Texas (69-78), but I can’t seem to find it…

Purdue has the most NCAA Tournament wins of teams who have never been champions. “The best losers.”

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Prior to that last three, he was 3-11 from the field for 6 points along with 6 turnovers. Finished with 9 on 4-12. I would say at times, most of the game, he was more a liability for them.
This is where I've said before, that his "falling down" on every drive (TRAVELING AND CARRY THE BALL) through the lane will not stand up in the NBA.

It won't be because he did it..... it will be because the NBA Players won't stand for it.... and put him down there on the floor. Welcome to the NBA Mr. Ivey!!!!!!!!!!!

This is where I've said before, that his "falling down" on every drive (TRAVELING AND CARRY THE BALL) through the lane will not stand up in the NBA.

It won't be because he did it..... it will be because the NBA Players won't stand for it.... and put him down there on the floor. Welcome to the NBA Mr. Ivey!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s crazy to think Al Durham has a similar game and nobody talks about him. He’s not as quick. Anyone have an analytical chart compairing them? Not saying he’s the same just would be interesting.

The stars really seemed to be aligning for them. Kentucky and Baylor both got knocked out of their bracket early. 1 seeds are falling everywhere. No great elite teams at all. This was their chance.
Was is definitely the operative word. If only Dook and UNoClass (needed) could both lose and the Kansas vs Nova winner declared the champion.

Edey looked really mean sitting on the bench as PU lost and their season came to an abrupt ending .looking like Jaws in a James Bond movie as he falls out of a plane.
Will he have the bolts reinstalled in his neck in the off season?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Was is definitely the operative word. If only Dook and UNoClass (needed) could both lose and the Kansas vs Nova winner declared the champion.
I think it’d be great if Villanova faces UNC Monday night. Can you imagine how bad our Purdue friends will melt down seeing 2 teams they beat back in November playing for the title?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT