ADVERTISEMENT

Blackford County

I went to Saturday night's championship, and Luke looked good. Plays the point with the ball in his hands most of the time. Passes well; can look off a defender. Occasionally takes unnecessary shot, but can hit from deep. Blackford plays a 2-3 or a 1-2-2 with him in front, of course. Isn't finished growing. Blackford is 20-5 and playing in the regional. Beat a good Tipton team, had control of the game most of the way. Won going away. Don't see him work without the ball, but that's the way BHS runs it. Let's see what he does as a senior. Nice shooting touch, though.

What if Blackfort beat Fort Wayne Blackhawk in semi-state and Luke has a triple double what that elevate him in your view? lol

No. If that happened, it's still a win against a 2a team. Jordy played his high school career against mostly 4a competition.

Reactions: minneman
And Yogi played his against 2A. Don’t get wrapped up in class. Geronimo competes against teams that would get drilled in 2A.

They played Andrean at Blackford a few weeks ago. Andrean won. That said, Andrean was not very good this season. Last I looked they were 12-14.
they played a lot of 3A and some 4A team blackfort beat Northwest
No. If that happened, it's still a win against a 2a team. Jordy played his high school career against mostly 4a competition.
Fort Wayne thumped a lot of 3a and 4a team ranked in 10 among all indiana teams their a 2A school what if Blackford beat them in semi-state and Luke does his thing would you sing a different tune?

Fort Wayne thumped a lot of 3a and 4a team ranked in 10 among all indiana teams their a 2A school what if Blackford beat them in semi-state and Luke does his thing would you sing a different tune?

No it's one game. They haven't played (at least beaten) good competition. Period.

Not at all.

One game isn't going to show that he can consistently guard at the high d1 level.

He lost the chance to show that this summer when he quit Indiana Elite last year. Sure, he can do it against kids that high school will be their athletic peak, but p5 coaches have all passed for a reason.

Blackhawk talent is NOT a typical 2A team. That is like saying Yogi played on a 2A Park Tudor Team so he must suck. Larry Bird played for 1A Springs Valley, he must have sucked too. Oh wait he is in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Reactions: MG80 and Lucy01
Why are some on this board so adamant about Luke Brown? I can’t wait until he signs with Ball State or another mid-major just so I can relish in all of you being wrong.
She’s right, with the right players around him he would do very well at IU. He has weaknesses but his strengths are great strengths and very valuable in today’s game. He shoots and passes as well as any guard in the country. He wouldn’t come in and be ready right away but give him a year or two and he would be very good.

Reactions: MG80 and ufo33
Not at all.

One game isn't going to show that he can consistently guard at the high d1 level.

He lost the chance to show that this summer when he quit Indiana Elite last year. Sure, he can do it against kids that high school will be their athletic peak, but p5 coaches have all passed for a reason.
Hey Boogie man their a whole bunch of kids have to learn to play defense in college 1A,2A,3A,4A THEIR ALL HIGH SCHOOL KIDS YOUR SAYING HE CAN'T PLAY DEFENSE IN COLLEGE HE CAN MOVE PRETTY GOOD HE CAN LEARN AVG ALMOST 4 STEAL A GAME HE NOT PLAYING AGAINST SLOTHS THEIR A VIDEO OF HIM EARLY THEY WERE PRACTICING A DIBBLING DRILL AND GUY SAY THEIR WAS A PUDDLE OF SWEAT UNDER HIM HARD WORKER. 99 PERCENT PERSPIRATION AND ONE PERCENT INSPIRATION OLD BEN FRANKLIN SAYING.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Hey Boogie man their a whole bunch of kids have to learn to play defense in college 1A,2A,3A,4A THEIR ALL HIGH SCHOOL KIDS YOUR SAYING HE CAN'T PLAY DEFENSE IN COLLEGE HE CAN MOVE PRETTY GOOD HE CAN LEARN AVG ALMOST 4 STEAL A GAME HE NOT PLAYING AGAINST SLOTHS THEIR A VIDEO OF HIM EARLY THEY WERE PRACTICING A DIBBLING DRILL AND GUY SAY THEIR WAS A PUDDLE OF SWEAT UNDER HIM HARD WORKER. 99 PERCENT PERSPIRATION AND ONE PERCENT INSPIRATION OLD BEN FRANKLIN SAYING.
You're getting awfully worked up, Mr Brown. Maybe take a break and take some deep breaths.

Its just a game, focker.

I say just sign him so some of you will stop telling us he is the next damon bailey. Then dont complain if he never plays.
Lol,where did I say he was the next Damon Bailey? Half this board threw a hissy fit when they signed Jordan Hulls.
Too slow,can’t play defense,will never get a shot off and on and on.How did that work out?
It doesn’t matter to me either way,don’t sign him. But don’t whine when he lights up IU playing for someone else.
Yeah,that’s never happened before lol

Reactions: ericrossiu
Blackhawk talent is NOT a typical 2A team. That is like saying Yogi played on a 2A Park Tudor Team so he must suck. Larry Bird played for 1A Springs Valley, he must have sucked too. Oh wait he is in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
You miss the whole point when talking about the class their school is in. It doesn't mean no good players come out of classes 1A or 2A - they do but less often due to simple percentages. What it means is you can't just look at a kid's stats against that level of competition and assume that they'll translate to P5 college basketball. As of now, all P5 coaches think he's not good enough to offer a scholarship despite gaudy stats. Even Painter who certainly knows about him and has shown a willingness to offer low ranked kids. It's not a conspiracy, he simply isn't good enough despite what you and everyone else on hype train would like to believe.

Some of you people kill me . . .

Luke Brown is not a bad player. Very good shooter, decent handle.

But he doesn’t have a single P5 offer. Not one. Why? As good a shooter as he is, he hasn’t demonstrated he can get his shot off against Big 10 level athletes. Making a shot against 5-11 Billy from Winchester is a helluva lot different that getting it off against guys 6-3 / 6-5 who are more athletic than you.

And let’s say Archie was somehow able to construct a roster of enough good pieces where Luke could play off of guys and get the most out of his skills - what about defense? Brown is 6-1 and doesn’t have great lateral quickness or leaping ability.

Do we need to upgrade at guard? Sure we do. Getting 2 good ones next year in Leal and Galloway, maybe 3 if Lander makes it. And we’re recruiting Mohammed - only the 12-ranked player in the nation. We’re supposed to get Brown instead?

Let’s see how much he improves this summer, how he plays against really good AAU competition. There’s a chance he might improve enough to warrant an offer from Archie. But at this point it would be a disservice to both Brown and the IU program.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

But he doesn’t have a single P5 offer. Not one. Why? As good a shooter as he is, he hasn’t demonstrated he can get his shot off against Big 10 level athletes. Making a shot against 5-11 Billy from Winchester is a helluva lot different that getting it off against guys 6-3 / 6-5 who are more athletic than you.

And let’s say Archie was somehow able to construct a roster of enough good pieces where Luke could play off of guys and get the most out of his skills - what about defense? Brown is 6-1 and doesn’t have great lateral quickness or leaping ability.

Do we need to upgrade at guard? Sure we do. Getting 2 good ones next year in Leal and Galloway, maybe 3 if Lander makes it. And we’re recruiting Mohammed - only the 12-ranked player in the nation. We’re supposed to get Brown instead?

Let’s see how much he improves this summer, how he plays against really good AAU competition. There’s a chance he might improve enough to warrant an offer from Archie. But at this point it would be a disservice to both Brown and the IU program.

But we don't want to not let Luke Brown get away in fear of him having a potential big game against us, if he were to ever play us at which ever mid major he chooses.

Lmao. He is playing against sloths if you think the teams he is playing at good. They play a absolutely horrid schedule and have been absolutely known to not schedule tougher games when given the chance.

A video of him dribbling, sweating, working hard. That's what you got. Of course the kid works hard. Kids do to get to where he's at, Luke gets no special award for that.

And I said he doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay with high division 1 athletes. He's not gonna run a team at the p5 level. At the mid major level, maybe, but at the p5 level, he a 6 foot shooting guard, who doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay with these kids.

Again, he could have proven some of these things in the summer, but he blew that chance. I've heard that was a major turnoff for a lot of coaches.

Mason Gillis didn’t get an IU look either!
Luke is not part of the AAU propaganda machine. IU is doomed if they don’t start recruiting shooters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cropper.1
I have never seen him play, no clue what he looks like, never checked one of his box scores. I have seen thread after thread about this kid tho. Must be some reason for that besides he’s white and in Indiana, all though that can be enough for some.

if he is a jr Im guessing he gets and goes to a d1 non mid major school. I’m guessing PU or Butler.

I have never seen him play, no clue what he looks like, never checked one of his box scores. I have seen thread after thread about this kid tho. Must be some reason for that besides he’s white and in Indiana, all though that can be enough for some.

if he is a jr Im guessing he gets and goes to a d1 non mid major school. I’m guessing PU or Butler.
Ohio State will take him;).

Luke is not part of the AAU propaganda machine. IU is doomed if they don’t start recruiting shooters.
Should Mason have gotten a look? Maybe. Hindsight is always 20/20, but remember we were also recruiting Brooks at the time (should have focused on Watford instead, but that’s another story).

Yes, we need shooters. But we need guys that can play at a high level, too. Right now, Brown hasn’t demonstrated that he can.

Luke was part of the AAU propaganda machine for many, many years though. Do you know why he's not on Indiana Elite this year?

I don’t do you?

Yea, I do.

His dad didn't like that he was splitting court time witb other kids so at a tournament I believe in LA, he pulled him off the team.

What high level coach is gonna want to deal with a parent like?

Yea, I do.

His dad didn't like that he was splitting court time witb other kids so at a tournament I believe in LA, he pulled him off the team.

John Calipari comes to mind! You must be a Brownsburg fan and resent he left!

Last edited:
Yea, I do.

THANK YOU for just telling, instead of hinting around the subject like a lot of crapbags on this forum.

Of course, it makes a difference when you actually DO know.

Reactions: Lucy01
John Calipari comes to mind! You must be a Brownsburg fan and resent he left!

Lol.

I'm from the Fort. I could care less. Just tired of all the Luke Brown talk and how he should be given a scholarship over players like Mohammed, Patterson, Wesley and even players that don't have offers like Lesmond and Barnhizer.

Luke Brown will make a fine mid major player. I've said thay now a hundred times. He is not good enough to play at Indiana.

You're right, Blackhawk is not the typical 2A team. Neither is Bowman Academy. They are private schools in two of the state's most populous areas. They spend whole seasons punching above their weight class.

Larry Bird is Larry Bird. Luke Brown is not Larry Bird.

Lmao. He is playing against sloths if you think the teams he is playing at good. They play a absolutely horrid schedule and have been absolutely known to not schedule tougher games when given the chance.

A video of him dribbling, sweating, working hard. That's what you got. Of course the kid works hard. Kids do to get to where he's at, Luke gets no special award for that.

And I said he doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay with high division 1 athletes. He's not gonna run a team at the p5 level. At the mid major level, maybe, but at the p5 level, he a 6 foot shooting guard, who doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay with these kids.

Again, he could have proven some of these things in the summer, but he blew that chance. I've heard that was a major turnoff for a lot of coaches.[/QUOTE 6'2' YOUR WRONG ABOUT HIS QUICKNESS ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE. TIME WILL TELL. OPINIONS ARE LIKE A-HOLES EVERYONE HAS ONE!

You're right, Blackhawk is not the typical 2A team. Neither is Bowman Academy. They are private schools in two of the state's most populous areas. They spend whole seasons punching above their weight class.

Larry Bird is Larry Bird. Luke Brown is not Larry Bird.
IN A WAY THEY ARE BOTH HOOSIER LEDGENDS

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT