ADVERTISEMENT

A Buzzer Beater, A Last Second Shot, And A Double OT Game On The 1st Day Of Sectionals

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
These three games provided added excitement on the first day of the Indiana high school basketball tournament yesterday.

MISSISSINEWA SECTIONAL: Mississenewa vs Bellmont
FRANKFORT SECTIONAL: Western (grey uniforms) vs Twin Lakes (white uniforms)
EAST CHICAGO SECTIONAL: Munster vs Hammond Morton

Here's some more 1st round Sectional games and with players to watch tonight

Class 2A Bluffton Sectional (6:00 PM Start)
Manchester (18-4)
vs
Whitko (18-4)

Gavin Betten (Manchester)- #14 in Rebounds (11 RPG) and #8 in Blocks (3.1 BPG) in Indiana. Averages 21.1 PPG

Sam Essegian (Whitko)- Averages 13.7 PPG 7.8 RPG and 5 APG this year after transferring from Central Noble. Younger brother of Wisconsin's Conner Essegian

Class 4A Lawrence North Sectional (6:00 PM Start)

Arsenal Tech (15-8)
vs
Crispus Attucks (18-6)

Dezmon Briscoe (Crispus Attucks)- #3 in Blocks (4.1 BPG) #17 in Rebounds (10.7 RPG) in Indiana

Class 2A Alexandria Sectional (7:30 PM Start)

Wapahani (20-2)
vs
Lapel (18-5)

Isaac Andrews (Wapahani)- #7 in Scoring (25.5 PPG) #8 in 3 Pointers Made (82) in Indiana

Class 4A Chesterton Sectional (8:30 ET/7:30 Start)

Valparaiso (18-6)
vs
Hobart (9-12)

Jack Smiley (Valparaiso)- #13 in Scoring (24 PPG) and #9 in Assists (6 APG)

Class 4A Greenfield Central Sectional (9:00 PM Start)

Anderson (18-5)
vs
Greenfield Central (22-0)

Braylon Mullins (Greenfield Central)- #4 in Scoring (26.1 PPG) in Indiana and averages 3 Steals Per Game

These three games provided added excitement on the first day of the Indiana high school basketball tournament yesterday.

Peru beat Norwell last night on a last second 3 pter. I yelled out, "it went in" and scared my grandson. We used to live in Peru when we were first married. My wife and I were stationed at Grissom AFB in Bunker Hill.

Really enjoyed these so thanks for posting. I am not used to seeing players hit clutch jump shots and free throws-refreshing. That was a quick 5 seconds call on Munster.

Really enjoyed these so thanks for posting. I am not used to seeing players hit clutch jump shots and free throws-refreshing. That was a quick 5 seconds call on Munster.
That 5 second call DID seem a little quicker than usual, but most of the time, at every level, it seems like it takes the refs 10 seconds before making a 5 second call.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Peru beat Norwell last night on a last second 3 pter. I yelled out, "it went in" and scared my grandson. We used to live in Peru when we were first married. My wife and I were stationed at Grissom AFB in Bunker Hill.
Made a thread about how all three first round games in that sectional have come down to last second shots to determine the winners, here's the video.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT