ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Maher on Trans Wars

I have yet to see anyone in this thread--left or right--take issue with Maher's soliloquy. I agree with it so much I feel I've written it or said it before.

Does anyone have a substantive response to Maher?

I have yet to see anyone in this thread--left or right--take issue with Maher's soliloquy. I agree with it so much I feel I've written it or said it before.

Does anyone have a substantive response to Maher?
He is pretty on point. Don't know why he is spending so much time talking about stuff that really only exists in conservative fever dreams though (DWS).

He’s so full of shit “lol” is the response he needs after every post. Personally I think he’s on here under one other identity.
I was more laughing about the idea that we are now arguing about who called whom a poopy pants first. Like, how dare you steal my insult.

Reagan and the Democrat Speaker, Tip O'Neill, were fierce political enemies. But "after six," as Reagan said, they were able to set their differences aside and occasionally raise a glass. They had lunch together from time to time, and always on St. Patrick's Day. Reagan attended O'Neill's good-bye party in 1986 and said: "“Mr. Speaker, I’m grateful you have permitted me in the past and I hope in the future that singular honor — the honor of calling you my friend.”

There is no way that would happen today, and the religious right plays a role in that. Reagan would be demonized and perhaps run out of the party - - for fraternizing with the devil.

Far-right zealots like Doug Mastriano, who believes God has called him to be governor of Pennsylvania, don't view opponents as simply people they disagree with. They're "forces of darkness" - - - in other words, evil. His wife went even further and told the crowd at a rally that Mastriano's opponents are anti-God. "When you’re against God’s plan, there is nothing that will stop it, and they are very worried right now that there is nothing that’s going to stop this," said Rebecca Mastriano.

Mastriano, an election denier and "Stop the Steal"-er who was in Washington on 1/6, has compared himself to Old Testament prophets and the military leaders who commanded the armies of Israel. He's referred to Covid vaccines as "the government's poison" and favored the installation of an "alternate" slate of electors - - contrary to the will of the voters of Pennsylvania - - after Biden carried the state.

Then there are actual far-right preachers like Greg Locke, pastor of a large church in Tennessee with millions of social media followers. Check out his recent unhinged, insane sermon (it's on YouTube) that included loving, Christ-like messages such as, "I’m to the place right now [that] if you vote Democrat, I don’t even want you around this church. You can get out. You get out, you demon. You get out, you baby butchering election thief," Locke screamed. And this: "You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation. [Democrats] are God denying demons that butcher babies and hate this nation.” And this: "Let me tell you something. You ain’t seen the insurrection yet! You keep on pushing our buttons, you low-down-sorry-compromisers, you God-hating communists. You’ll find out what the insurrection is, because we ain’t playing your garbage. We ain’t playing your mess."

Guys like Locke are influential. We see increasing evidence of this kind of lunacy, including here on the Cooler.

So, yeah. That's the difference.
You live in a fantasy world.

• Love
Reactions: stollcpa and Lucy01

Isn’t it something that somehow Bill became a common sense centrist? And people complain about the conservative right moving too far.

Bill Maher makes $10 mil a year, has a net worth north of $100 mil, and works for Warner Media/Time Warner, an international corporate conglomerate which has many billions at stake every election, who's number one corporate goal is to make sure economic progressives never win anything, and aren't shy about using their media platforms to make sure that doesn't happen..

do the math.

I think most liberals across America would watch this and agree with everything Bill said. As he points out, most of the parents in Youngstown, OH don’t have trans kids and this is largely an LA (and similar areas) phenomenon. Now, unfortunately this view is catching on in the media and becoming a social liberal norm, to some extent, but I bet liberals in Youngstown and liberals in Bloomington (where I live) can see this is ridiculous. It’s just like the Kardashians are not to be taken seriously as the model for lifestyle and success. In other words, don’t fear a stupid trend.

i hope you are right, but after pushing this view, do you think the media will eventually change those rational perspectives?

Reagan and the Democrat Speaker, Tip O'Neill, were fierce political enemies. But "after six," as Reagan said, they were able to set their differences aside and occasionally raise a glass. They had lunch together from time to time, and always on St. Patrick's Day. Reagan attended O'Neill's good-bye party in 1986 and said: "“Mr. Speaker, I’m grateful you have permitted me in the past and I hope in the future that singular honor — the honor of calling you my friend.”

There is no way that would happen today, and the religious right plays a role in that. Reagan would be demonized and perhaps run out of the party - - for fraternizing with the devil.

Far-right zealots like Doug Mastriano, who believes God has called him to be governor of Pennsylvania, don't view opponents as simply people they disagree with. They're "forces of darkness" - - - in other words, evil. His wife went even further and told the crowd at a rally that Mastriano's opponents are anti-God. "When you’re against God’s plan, there is nothing that will stop it, and they are very worried right now that there is nothing that’s going to stop this," said Rebecca Mastriano.

Mastriano, an election denier and "Stop the Steal"-er who was in Washington on 1/6, has compared himself to Old Testament prophets and the military leaders who commanded the armies of Israel. He's referred to Covid vaccines as "the government's poison" and favored the installation of an "alternate" slate of electors - - contrary to the will of the voters of Pennsylvania - - after Biden carried the state.

Then there are actual far-right preachers like Greg Locke, pastor of a large church in Tennessee with millions of social media followers. Check out his recent unhinged, insane sermon (it's on YouTube) that included loving, Christ-like messages such as, "I’m to the place right now [that] if you vote Democrat, I don’t even want you around this church. You can get out. You get out, you demon. You get out, you baby butchering election thief," Locke screamed. And this: "You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation. [Democrats] are God denying demons that butcher babies and hate this nation.” And this: "Let me tell you something. You ain’t seen the insurrection yet! You keep on pushing our buttons, you low-down-sorry-compromisers, you God-hating communists. You’ll find out what the insurrection is, because we ain’t playing your garbage. We ain’t playing your mess."

Guys like Locke are influential. We see increasing evidence of this kind of lunacy, including here on the Cooler.

440px-Hausziege_04.jpg

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC

For someone who thinks they’re right all the time! Why is the life you’re living so wrong? Dude.

How is he more influential than Congressmen such as The Squad? And sure you can throw Gaetz, Cawthorne, MTG in that mix as well
Had you ever even heard of Locke before he was brought up on this board? I have an evangelical family, was raised in a church that would be considered evangelical, and I have never heard of this guy...like at all.

The Squad has set the agenda for this entire administration. And I include Warren. They are the most influential people in congress. Everyone else is playing defense.
They WERE the most influential. Following their path is going to get the Democrats absolutely wrecked in November. Joe Manchin saved our asses. Imagine how bad inflation would be right now if he had allowed those idiots to enact their wish list.

They WERE the most influential. Following their path is going to get the Democrats absolutely wrecked in November. Joe Manchin saved our asses. Imagine how bad inflation would be right now if he had allowed those idiots to enact their wish list.
Exactly

Reactions: Crayfish57
Had you ever even heard of Locke before he was brought up on this board? I have an evangelical family, was raised in a church that would be considered evangelical, and I have never heard of this guy...like at all.
Nope

Reactions: Lucy01
The far-right loves false equivalencies and projection. I remember when Fox News was mockingly referred to as Faux News. It wasn't long until Trump, and then the MAGA faithful, started referring to msm as "fake news." Then it was proclaimed that January 6 wasn't an insurrection. November 3 was the "real" insurrection. Now, fuggetabout the obvious Trump Cult. There's a just-as-powerful (or, gasp, possibly more powerful!) cult, on the other side.

This, of course, is all straight from The Trump Playbook.
Congratulations. This is the most asinine thing I have seen on the internet today.

Reactions: DANC
Delta employee handled it well.

From his Twitter account, Collin Rugg seems like a real douche tho.
His account certainly is unfortunate for liberals as he posts stories that expose their failures, hypocrisy, & lunacy. These are, no doubt, inconvenient truths for those that would call him a douche for posting content geared towards this…

His account certainly is unfortunate for liberals as he posts stories that expose their failures, hypocrisy, & lunacy. These are, no doubt, inconvenient truths for those that would call him a douche for posting content geared towards this…
Don't take it so personally, Collin. I'm sure that you're an okay guy beneath all the douchiness.

The Delta employee is a good, more clever role model to emulate.

Delta employee handled it well.

From his Twitter account, Collin Rugg seems like a real douche tho.

He's literally 4 years out of undergrad. I generally dislike these social media activits, particularly those that aren't actually doing any investigation themselves, just retweeting and rehashing other stories.

Reactions: hoosboot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT