ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Maher on immigration & trans issue

snarlcakes

All-American
Sep 9, 2009

When Bill Maher admits the left is going off the tracks, it’s time to course correct. @zeke4ahs watch until the end. The transgender care you advocate for is becoming illegal in Europe. It doesn’t work and it’s harmful. Another thing your conservative friends on here were correct about.

Canada sucks

When Bill Maher admits the left is going off the tracks, it’s time to course correct. @zeke4ahs watch until the end. The transgender care you advocate for is becoming illegal in Europe. It doesn’t work and it’s harmful. Another thing your conservative friends on here were correct about.

Canada sucks
Wake me when we’re wrong about something. Anything

Canada sucks

SC, are you saying when Maher disagrees with the left it must be true ?

IMO if a person says he is liberal or conservative he shouldn't be locking himself into not accepting points of view from people who don't label themselves the same way.

Reactions: BradStevens
SC, are you saying when Maher disagrees with the left it must be true ?

IMO if a person says he is liberal or conservative he shouldn't be locking himself into not accepting points of view from people who don't label themselves the same way.
It doesn’t mean it must be true, but I would take more notice when someone on my side is pointing out exactly what Conservatives are saying.

Maher is just pointing out the obvious and a majority of the country sees it as well. The problem Democrats are dealing with is their entire strategy the past 8 years has been look at Trump. He’s blah blah blah. Unfortunately. they have catered and/or turned a blind eye to the crazies in their party.

It has been a disaster in my opinion. They have alienated the working/middle class, males, and white voters trying to appease crazy leftist. Bill is just pointing out how stupid these people are and how stupid their policies are.

The left can continue their current path, but they’re probably going to get beat by Trump a second time, which would be pathetic. Maybe then they’ll tell the crazies in their part to piss off and come back to reality.

It doesn’t mean it must be true, but I would take more notice when someone on my side is pointing out exactly what Conservatives are saying.

Maher is just pointing out the obvious and a majority of the country sees it as well. The problem Democrats are dealing with is their entire strategy the past 8 years has been look at Trump. He’s blah blah blah. Unfortunately. they have catered and/or turned a blind eye to the crazies in their party.

It has been a disaster in my opinion. They have alienated the working/middle class, males, and white voters trying to appease crazy leftist. Bill is just pointing out how stupid these people are and how stupid their policies are.

The left can continue their current path, but they’re probably going to get beat by Trump a second time, which would be pathetic. Maybe then they’ll tell the crazies in their part to piss off and come back to reality.

Speaking of paths, will the left and right ever agree on a path to take on the big issues facing the country ?

Immigration is an issue with which. Congress can find agreement once the presidential election is over in my view.

The so-called trans issue isn't a big issue in terms of the number of people facing this issue. Nevertheless, for the families facing this issue it is a big issue, and the so-called experts on the subject have a lot to learn. Pols and comedians such as Maher discussing this issue are the last people we should listening to in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosboot

Canada sucks
He’s obviously right. But, he’ll just get accused of doing it for ratings. Anybody who steps out of line will be evicted from liberalism.

The right does it too - to be fair.

He’s not doing it for ratings?
😆
That’s an awfully lazy take don’t you think? We can agree that one has to have ratings to continue to have a “show” but I firmly believe he believes this - and he’s obviously right.

It’s lazy to dismiss it as “derrrrrpppp it’s for ratings derrrrppppp” to dismiss the obvious correctness of what he’s saying. It’s chicken shit.

Can I assume loosing 2 out of three to Donald Trump might be a signal that your party needs to course correct and Maher has a point?
In the same way as some posters come on here, sitting astride the fence, for the purposes of criticizing both sides, attempting to avoid ever having to take a stance, giving themselves an easy escape hatch, then yes, he has a point.
I understand it’s possible, if not preferable, to not be locked into an ideology on all things, but motivation matters.

Speaking of paths, will the left and right ever agree on a path to take on the big issues facing the country ?

Immigration is an issue with which. Congress can find agreement once the presidential election is over in my view.
They have already came to agreement. Democrats want illegal immigration and it will continue. Republicans don’t have the votes to stop it. I think Republican presidents will continue to curtail it through executive orders.
The so-called trans issue isn't a big issue in terms of the number of people facing this issue. Nevertheless, for the families facing this issue it is a big issue, and the so-called experts on the subject have a lot to learn. Pols and comedians such as Maher discussing this issue are the last people we should listening to in my opinion.
Bill wasn’t giving his opinion on trans issues he was providing examples of experts opinions. The experts are outlawing puberty blockers in Europe for children.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
That’s an awfully lazy take don’t you think? We can agree that one has to have ratings to continue to have a “show” but I firmly believe he believes this - and he’s obviously right.

It’s lazy to dismiss it as “derrrrrpppp it’s for ratings derrrrppppp” to dismiss the obvious correctness of what he’s saying. It’s chicken shit.
Maher was a shitty comedian and actor. He has found his niche as an annoying nudge.
Good for him.

In the same way as some posters come on here, sitting astride the fence, for the purposes of criticizing both sides, attempting to avoid ever having to take a stance, giving themselves an easy escape hatch, then yes, he has a point.
I understand it’s possible, if not preferable, to not be locked into an ideology on all things, but motivation matters.
lol….a yes or no would have worked

Calling people names and skirting around the question isn’t nuanced. You get your feelings hurt too easily.
😆
It's kind of cute that you think anyone has any feelings invested in this place. Must be a DT thing.
(BTW, I thought my answer was pretty clear. I would say sorry about that, but I really DGAF.)

Canada sucks
Zombie lies is a good term.

Canada sucks
Not just conservatives.

Or, he’s an attention whore.
Um, he's on TV.
Michelle Of Course GIF by Astrid and Lilly Save The World

I think your argument goes too far. All political pundits and media people derive income from views, clicks, etc. Do we ignore everything they say because they all have a motivation to make money?

I don't always agree with Maher. But I've never thought him a person who would change his opinion based on the viewership he might garner from it. Same goes for Trevor Noah and John Stewart and John Oliver. Again, I don't agree with them and think they are superficial many times, but I don't get the sense they're forming opinions based on what would make them the most money. Ditto Dave Chappelle, by the way, who is in a much different comedy league than the rest of these guys.

Gay rights.
I know Murt was being facetious, but I’ll play along. I assume you mean gay marriage? I’m not 100% sure they were wrong on it and this is coming from someone who voted Obama and am still for gay marriage.

It depends what the LGBQT+ ideology would be without it the passing of gay marriage. It may have still happened or this is just a weird phase that will work it’s way out.

I personally assumed once gay marriage passed everyone would move on and the conservative slippery slope arguments were ridiculous. However, here we are chopping off children privates and injecting them with puberty blockers.
Iraq War.
Agree. Bush sucks.
Free trade with China et al/NAFTA.
I disagree. The problems stem from the dollar.
I can list more things Trump thinks Repubs got wrong from 10-15 years ago, if necessary.
If Trump says it, it has to be true 😁

What's not to like? He's figured out how to strum the public's heartstrings for his own financial gain, and he's not really hurting anyone, because we still have the ability to change the channel. He's obviously intelligent in that regard.
The things he’s saying are in line with how the vast majority of the public thinks but the Democrat gatekeepers have to say he’s saying it “for ratings” because the Democrat gatekeepers are much more intelligent than the vast majority of the public.

I know Murt was being facetious, but I’ll play along. I assume you mean gay marriage? I’m not 100% sure they were wrong on it and this is coming from someone who voted Obama and am still for gay marriage.

It depends what the LGBQT+ ideology would be without it the passing of gay marriage. It may have still happened or this is just a weird phase that will work it’s way out.

I personally assumed once gay marriage passed everyone would move on and the conservative slippery slope arguments were ridiculous. However, here we are chopping off children privates and injecting them with puberty blockers.

Agree. Bush sucks.

I disagree. The problems stem from the dollar.

If Trump says it, it has to be true 😁
Gay rights would include: gay marriage; non-discrimination in housing, employment, public accomodations; and decriminalization of sodomy.

And yes, they were wrong on it (so, too, were many Dems):

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
Gay rights. Iraq War. Free trade with China et al/NAFTA.

I can list more things Trump thinks Repubs got wrong from 10-15 years ago, if necessary.
No “we’re” “on here” clearly meant our cadre of conservative posters who win on this board.

And ps. Never a word of thanks. Never. Hey I didn’t know that. I appreciate it. Or. Ahhh. I see now. You’re right. Thank you.

Never…..

Gay rights would include: gay marriage; non-discrimination in housing, employment, public accomodations; and decriminalization of sodomy.

And yes, they were wrong on it (so, too, were many Dems):

You speak with great fortitude like there is one truth 😁. I do agree with everything but gay marriage. I might have been wrong on it.

Reactions: BradStevens

Canada sucks
Are expecting some sort of about face from Zeke?

She doesn’t have close to the emotional maturity to do such a thing.

No “we’re” “on here” clearly meant our cadre of conservative posters who win on this board.

And ps. Never a word of thanks. Never. Hey I didn’t know that. I appreciate it. Or. Ahhh. I see now. You’re right. Thank you.

Never…..
The only mistake I can recall is that one time Cray (miss you always) brought a fruit tray instead of a veggie tray to the shrimp boil. Everyone knows veggies are better than fruits.

Yes. Doesn't mean his words are wrong...or right, though. In fact, the more evocative you can be, the more response you will get from both sides...even if it's a lazy effort.
So if he takes a popular stance, he's obviously playing to the crowd because he's telling them what they want to hear. But if takes an unpopular stance, he's obviously being evocative and looking for a response from both sides to the unpopularity of it.

How could he possibly prove his views were genuine?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT