ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Recruiting 2018 - Offers Based

Russell Dunbar

Gold Member
Feb 12, 2018
Big Ten recruiting data from 2018 BASED ON OFFERS, listed below with the same qualifiers/assumptions incorporated by reference to my thread posted earlier today titled "IU Recruiting Past Six Years - Offers Based" and also acknowledging:

- lots of data compiled below but it should be correct and easily "spot checked/audited" by someone who wants to pick a bucket/team and verify.
- didn't look at Ohio St, Penn St, Mich, Nebr or Maryl, conceding they had the top five classes in the conference and their offer lists were "steps above" in terms of number of offers and quality.
- no adjustment made/credit given to smaller classes (i.e. Nwest - 18 commits), candidly, my thought is that if any of these schools could have landed a couple more 10 or 15 offer kids, they would have figured out a way to make room for them.

10 or more offers from Big 5 conferences (ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, SEC, PAC 12 and Notre Dame):

IU (7 commits), Mich St. (7), Minn (7), Iowa (4), Wisc (4), Nwest (4), Illini (4), Rut (2), Pur (2)
IU - Mill (10 offers), King (15), Walk (12), Head (10), Raff (12), Norr (11), McCa (13)

5 or more offers from Big 5 conferences, including commitment school:
Mich St (15), IU (14), Minn (13), Iowa (13), Wisc (11), Nwest (7), Rut (6), Illini (6), Pur (5)
IU - seven players listed above plus Will (8 offers), Mars (6), Jone (5), Tayl (5), Ivy (7), Scot (8), Peni (6)

Zero offers from Big 5 conferences other than commitment school:
Nwest (3), IU (4), Mich St (4), Wisc (5), Minn (6), Iowa (6), Rut (9), Illini (12), Pur (13)
"
IU only offers" - Pier, Juse, Camp, Hewi

Draw your own conclusions. Personally, I think IU has lots to sell recruits these days with the upgraded facilities, TV time/high ratings vs. top-10 schools, beautiful campus, great academics, etc. However, so do the other Big Ten schools as the Big Ten network dollars in particular have been great for all the schools. I would rate this class between 6th and 8th in the conference based on offers. Great start to 2018 for the coaching staff!

giphy.gif

Reactions: mk23 and vesuvius13
When you have recruits who are high 3stars .8491 247comp Indiana average for class of course you beating out other power 5 schools if you look rivals and average out stars it is best class where it ranks doesn’t mean it’s a class with better players just better for that year 7wins in 2018 and 2019 class will be even better

When you have recruits who are high 3stars .8491 247comp Indiana average for class of course you beating out other power 5 schools if you look rivals and average out stars it is best class where it ranks doesn’t mean it’s a class with better players just better for that year 7wins in 2018 and 2019 class will be even better
I think I agree with you but punctuation (i.e. a couple of periods) would make this easier to follow.

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT