ADVERTISEMENT

Big Blue

I just did. I said NT got hot vs Purdue and played a solid game. But they aren't ever going to be a program that consistently makes wins in the tourney.

Like I mentioned, Matt has completely changed his coaching philosophy. For the better imo. 5 years ago, people said he'd never have the guard to win in March. He has since shown he can highlight guards and had two of the better guards in big ten history. One is about to be a top 5 pick, hopefully to the pacers.
Every joker from Purdue that says that must hate the Pacers. Who in the hell are the "2 better guards in Big 10 history"? I guess I missed that. Good lord man, you just lost every shred of credibility you had left with that one.

Every joker from Purdue that says that must hate the Pacers. Who in the hell are the "2 better guards in Big 10 history"? I guess I missed that. Good lord man, you just lost every shred of credibility you had left with that one.
It's hard to say that carsen and ivey aren't some of the better guards. Obviously I'm not saying top 25 or anything. It's a pretty long list of great guards. Don't inflate my words.

Why wouldn't you want the pacers to draft ivey? Dude is scratching his potential and has NBA all star potential. Does he get there? Idk. Has all the tools though.

Piggy Lambert won a lot. Would have won more had he not opted out of some tournaments. Which, consequently, gave iu a banner.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. Painters best teams have had injuries derail potential runs. He hasn't really won with a team that wasn't supposed to except maybe carsen's year. He needs to figure out how to do that. Be he also doesn't get upset by a low seed every year. I get north Texas happened last year, but every team gets upset. MSU was beat by middle Tennessee state a few years ago as a two seed.
While I do think Painter is a solid and good coach (and an all around great guy/class act. I've met him and talked with him at a restaurant one time) Some of these IU fans are making legit points imo. Injuries are part of the game and happen to pretty much every program anywhere (if Brian Randle didn't break his hand during Illinois' 2005 Final Four season, we'd probably have a banner.

There are countless other examples as well. Just getting to the Final Four is hard as hell and requires so much things to go your teams' way.

Reactions: BoilerN
While I do think Painter is a solid and good coach (and an all around great guy/class act. I've met him and talked with him at a restaurant one time) Some of these IU fans are making legit points imo. Injuries are part of the game and happen to pretty much every program anywhere (if Brian Randle didn't break his hand during Illinois' 2005 Final Four season, we'd probably have a banner.

There are countless other examples as well. Just getting to the Final Four is hard as hell and requires so much things to go your teams' way.
Ya. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the injuries. But I will argue up and down that Painter recognized his deficiencies and has changed his coaching style to be more competitive and highlight guards, which is what you need to win in the big ten. Not sure people can negative recruit guards to Purdue anymore. Just like you can't negatively recruit Brohm leaving Purdue anymore. Bobinski has done wonders for the Purdue athletic department.

Reactions: Illinisully
It's hard to say that carsen and ivey aren't some of the better guards. Obviously I'm not saying top 25 or anything. It's a pretty long list of great guards. Don't inflate my words.

Why wouldn't you want the pacers to draft ivey? Dude is scratching his potential and has NBA all star potential. Does he get there? Idk. Has all the tools though.
I wouldn't put either of them in the top 50. Victor Oladipo was far better than Ivey. Look how he's worked out. One decent season. No thanks.

I wouldn't put either of them in the top 50. Victor Oladipo was far better than Ivey. Look how he's worked out. One decent season. No thanks.
It's probably a good comp. Him or Ja Morant. Victor was also an NBA all star before he got hurt. So....

February is just beginning my friend. Let’s see what happens in the next three games. Will show how tough this team is. Win 2 or 3 and everyone thinks woody is a a genius for suspending them. Win one you stay a float. Lose them all, I move to Mexico with no internet.

Is your passport up to date?

The Big Ten is weird.

2 days after thumping what I thought was the best team in the conference in Illinois…and they’re getting drilled at a talented, but overall mediocre Michigan???

Games like this should scare the hell out of realistic PU fans. Because they’re gonna have to win 4 games in a row in the NCAA to do what they’ve all been dreaming either all their lives or a very big chunk of it. And 3 of those games will likely be against teams better than Michigan…all away from Mackey.

I’ve been dreaming my entire life for a final four as well. At this point, I’d just take making the NCAA. 😞

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT