ADVERTISEMENT

Big Blue

🤦🏻🤣🤣🤣
Painter typically takes Purdue as far as their seed says they should, so if Purdue can get a 1, we will see that theory put to the test. Purdue has the players to get to the final 4. Painter has completely changed his philosophy as a coach to get there. Get a little luck and it could be a fun run. But you can't logically talk about Purdue, so....

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Oh. I got it. You want a public announcement for something that really doesn't need to be talked about publicly. My bad.
Lol

ok Gilligan

At least they didn’t put out a statement proclaiming the painter crew as great representatives that should not be subjected to such evil taunting by awful UM players

yet

Lol

ok Gilligan

At least they didn’t put out a statement proclaiming the painter crew as great representatives that should not be subjected to such evil taunting by awful UM players

yet
I didn't. I actually said I don't advocate for that. I'm sure you forgot that though. Not sure A. Why you are so uptight about an apology B. Why you think it needs to be public and C. Talk like iu is better than that. It's laughable. Makes sense coming from someone who has zero respect for others.

Must be nice to have a program trending up in Feb

Or players that can hit open shots.
February is just beginning my friend. Let’s see what happens in the next three games. Will show how tough this team is. Win 2 or 3 and everyone thinks woody is a a genius for suspending them. Win one you stay a float. Lose them all, I move to Mexico with no internet.

Reactions: twenty02
2 thoughts. You usually don't play 3 games in 5 days in the NCAA tourney. And I'm not sure a 7/10 game would have better talent than Michigan across the board. Just one of those nights where nothing went right for Purdue and everything went right for Michigan. Purdue just has to learn from it.

I also don't suspect Purdue will blow their load on a 15 or 16 seed.
My daughter goes to Purdue and checked in with me before the game. I told her it depends on which Michigan team shows up. They have the pieces on the roster and at times this year play like they should and did last night. They rolled IU good and we had no answer that day. The Big 10 is tough man.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
February is just beginning my friend. Let’s see what happens in the next three games. Will show how tough this team is. Win 2 or 3 and everyone thinks woody is a a genius for suspending them. Win one you stay a float. Lose them all, I move to Mexico with no internet.
I can get you internet in Mexico. Or Iraq...or anywhere.
But it's gonna cost you big.

My daughter goes to Purdue and checked in with me before the game. I told her it depends on which Michigan team shows up. They have the pieces on the roster and at times this year play like they should and did last night. They rolled IU good and we had no answer that day. The Big 10 is tough man.
It's kind of amazing to think they were preseason #6 and touting the best recruiting class in the country only for them to be like 13-9.

Reactions: Indianaftw
and yet ....here you are.
Oh. I'm not trolling. Participating in discussion. Big difference. I don't start threads, insult people, insult players, or trash programs. I participate in conversations about other big ten programs besides Purdue because I am a fan of the big ten. If talking about big ten sports is trolling, then we all are trolls.

no real shame in what happened to Purdue last night. UM is loaded with talent...much of it new this year and they've been a work in progress all season. But when they are clicking, they are the team the early season polls thought they would be. Purdue suffered same fate as IU...big win against a talented rival, then days later having to play UM when they are playing like the buzzsaw they can be.

I thought Edey was assessed a couple cheap fouls last night considering the wrestling match that was going on in the lane all game. If I were a Purdue fan my biggest concern would be how the backcourt ( the little guys, Sasha, Gillis) just vanished during the game and forced Ivey to play hero ball until he was worn out and beat up. PU guards gave them nothing last night.

side note edit- Dickenson is good but damn is he a cocky annoying prick.

Last edited:
Oh. I'm not trolling. Participating in discussion. Big difference. I don't start threads, insult people, insult players, or trash programs. I participate in conversations about other big ten programs besides Purdue because I am a fan of the big ten. If talking about big ten sports is trolling, then we all are trolls.
I agree in spirit. It's just easy to pick at when a rival loses a game and then the fans immediately run to the opposing rival's board to spin the results of the night. I'm sure it wasn't a party on GBI last night.

Must be nice to have a program trending up in Feb

Or players that can hit open shots.
When they came in here and beat us up I could see that Michigan had a lot more talent. They are playing well because they have top talent. IU has too many major holes, especially in the middle and perimeter shooting, and the better teams can exploit that.

I agree in spirit. It's just easy to pick at when a rival loses a game and then the fans immediately run to the opposing rival's board to spin the results of the night. I'm sure it wasn't a party on GBI last night.
I didn't run over here immediately. Slept and then popped over here, the Nebraska board, and the Iowa board this morning. Saw this thread. My sentiment is GBI's. Essentially, this game is probably and needs to be a 1 off, bad night coupled with Michigan's biggest game of the year. Thought Purdue looked like they had no legs after that Illinois game. Fortunately, Purdue isn't likely gonna play Illinois in the tourney I guess.

I didn't run over here immediately. Slept and then popped over here, the Nebraska board, and the Iowa board this morning. Saw this thread. My sentiment is GBI's. Essentially, this game is probably and needs to be a 1 off, bad night coupled with Michigan's biggest game of the year. Thought Purdue looked like they had no legs after that Illinois game. Fortunately, Purdue isn't likely gonna play Illinois in the tourney I guess.
sorry guilty by association...you had some brethren here within minutes of the final buzzer last night.

Reactions: BoilerN

I'd offer you double or nothing again, but my chances of collecting $800 from Mexico aren't great

I have no dog in this fight but if I were an IU fan, I'd probably hold off on the jokes about this Purdue team. They beat my illini by like 16 points in West Lafayette, imagine how bad they are going to beat you guys in Mackey haha. their student section was HYPED and loud as hell thru out the game . I've been to games at Mackey and its easily one of the loudest arenas i've ever been to (even louder than IU fans at Assembly Hall and you guys are loud too but not on the same level as Purdue fans imo)

Hope I'm wrong though. I'll be rooting for Purdue to lose to you guys (again) I want Illinois to win the Big Ten outright. sorry won't be wearing any candy cane pants though.

I have no dog in this fight but if I were an IU fan, I'd probably hold off on the jokes about this Purdue team. They beat my illini by like 16 points in West Lafayette, imagine how bad they are going to beat you guys haha.

Hope I'm wrong though. I'll be rooting for Purdue to lose to you guys (again) won't be wearing any candy cane pants though.
If it's any consolation,, I'm rooting for UM to beat you now. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: Illinisully
I have no dog in this fight but if I were an IU fan, I'd probably hold off on the jokes about this Purdue team. They beat my illini by like 16 points in West Lafayette, imagine how bad they are going to beat you guys haha.

Hope I'm wrong though. I'll be rooting for Purdue to lose to you guys (again) won't be wearing any candy cane pants though.
you would root for Purdue....even though your team is fighting them for the B1G regular season title (and B1G tourney seeding)? Not a big picture guy, are ya?

edit- sorry misread your last paragraph. Need 3rd cup of coffee

Offense took the night off, you hope that's just a one off problem. Purdue's defense has been terrible throughout the year and is getting progressively worse. That's not a one off problem.

Purdue has the horses to beat anyone in the country on any given night, but they aren't going to survive a 6 game elimination tournament very long trading baskets every possession. No matter how good Purdue's offense is, that isn't sustainable for a 6 game stretch. Not sure Purdue's defensive issues are fixable at this point given its personnel.

Offense took the night off, you hope that's just a one off problem. Purdue's defense has been terrible throughout the year and is getting progressively worse. That's not a one off problem.

Purdue has the horses to beat anyone in the country on any given night, but they aren't going to survive a 6 game elimination tournament very long trading baskets every possession. No matter how good Purdue's offense is, that isn't sustainable for a 6 game stretch. Not sure Purdue's defensive issues are fixable at this point given its personnel.
I've been hesitant for yrs to get on the Zaga wagon...but their lineup, especially with the super tall stringy kid from Minnesota, is a matchup nightmare for all teams, including Purdue. He's lights out from 3pt and still can dominate around the basket. No team in the land has someone who can guard him inside/out.

you would root for Purdue....even though your team is fighting them for the B1G regular season title (and B1G tourney seeding)? Not a big picture guy, are ya?
I said in my post that I will be rooting for Purdue to lose to you guys at Mackey. I want you guys to pull off a 2nd upset on your "little brother". And I am seeing the big picture. Whatever benefits Illinois is what I want to happen.

All I was saying is that it most likely won't happen and it'll most likely be Purdue destroying you guys at Mackey. Again, hope I'm wrong though

I said in my post that I will be rooting for Purdue to lose to you guys at Mackey. I want you guys to pull off a 2nd upset on your "little brother". And I am seeing the big picture. Whatever benefits Illinois is what I want to happen.

All I was saying is that it most likely won't happen and it'll most likely be Purdue destroying you guys at Mackey. Again, hope I'm wrong though
see my follow up post....I'm on 4 hrs sleep. brain not fully engaged.

and yeah....IU at Purdue...Senior day...payback game...blood in the water. won't be pretty for us.

I kind of felt like the defense was getting better. It's never going to be great, but the level of intensity they play with has improved on that end. They shut Illinois down for long periods.

I kind of felt like the defense was getting better. It's never going to be great, but the level of intensity they play with has improved on that end. They shut Illinois down for long periods.
UM did to you exactly what they did to IU...shot out of their asses....no one beats them when they shoot like they did in the 2nd half last night. Purdue D did look a little winded in the 2nd half. I was expecting PU to come flying out of the gates after halftime like they did against ILL...but there was no second wind in them.

A let down game on a night where Michigan could do no wrong is a season crashing down again? I'm going to guess that last night was an anomaly. Kind of like the iu game. Apparently Purdue would put so much into their games with Illinois that they crashed and burned the next game.
...code for the whole season is an anomaly...

UM did to you exactly what they did to IU...shot out of their asses....no one beats them when they shoot like they did in the 2nd half last night. Purdue D did look a little winded in the 2nd half. I was expecting PU to come flying out of the gates after halftime like they did against ILL...but there was no second wind in them.
To be fair to Michigan, they did what any semi-competent team should do and that's bury open 3's. They couldn't miss but Purdue couldn't guard either.

Reactions: BoilerN
I'd offer you double or nothing again, but my chances of collecting $800 from Mexico aren't great
Im sick enough to still think we are getting a 5 seed. Don't you count those sheckles just yet. We win 2 of the next 3, 5 seed is very much on the table.

Painter typically takes Purdue as far as their seed says they should, so if Purdue can get a 1, we will see that theory put to the test. Purdue has the players to get to the final 4. Painter has completely changed his philosophy as a coach to get there. Get a little luck and it could be a fun run. But you can't logically talk about Purdue, so....

Generally true, but the overall trend leans toward Painter getting upset.

Painter has only won 4 games in the tournament as the lower seed, only 1 of which was Purdue more than a seed underdog (10 seed beat 7 seed St Mary's in 2012), otherwise it has been tossup 5 over 4/9 over 8 wins. Painter has been upset by a seed differential more than 1 on 4 occasions.

Based on historical trends under Painter, a 1 seed Purdue has about equal chance of making the final 4, losing in the elite 8, and losing in the sweet 16

Games like this should scare the hell out of realistic PU fans. Because they’re gonna have to win 4 games in a row in the NCAA to do what they’ve all been dreaming either all their lives or a very big chunk of it. And 3 of those games will likely be against teams better than Michigan…all away from Mackey.
When your only dynamic player is Ivey - and he can be easily distracted (see: Galloway) - you're not winning an NCAA Title.

When Gillis, a 50% 3 pt shooter airballed that 3, I said ball game.

Generally true, but the overall trend leans toward Painter getting upset.

Painter has only won 4 games in the tournament as the lower seed, only 1 of which was Purdue more than a seed underdog (10 seed beat 7 seed St Mary's in 2012), otherwise it has been tossup 5 over 4/9 over 8 wins. Painter has been upset by a seed differential more than 1 on 4 occasions.

Based on historical trends under Painter, a 1 seed Purdue has about equal chance of making the final 4, losing in the elite 8, and losing in the sweet 16
Hes been upset a couple times. But what coach hasn't? Two of the years losing as a higher seed was Hummels ACL and Haas elbow years. Bad luck really. Then you had carsens team who got hot, then saw Virginia get lucky. I think Painter will break through. I think he's shown a ton of growth in the past 5 years in style and philosophy.

Hes been upset a couple times. But what coach hasn't? Two of the years losing as a higher seed was Hummels ACL and Haas elbow years. Bad luck really. Then you had carsens team who got hot, then saw Virginia get lucky. I think Painter will break through. I think he's shown a ton of growth in the past 5 years in style and philosophy.

The upset losses aren't entirely bad, but they haven't really been counterbalanced by upset wins.
Plus, Hummel was out the entire year, so its not like Purdue was suddenly shorthanded without him and had no bearing on an underachieving performance in the tournament. And while Haas was a blow, it was a 3-2 seed tossup game that I wasn't considering an upset.

Also, while Painter has found more growth and consistency in the regular season, if anything, Painter has underachieved to a greater extent in the tournament over the last 5 years than earlier in his career, although sample size is small

Dude, the Mean Green happened just last year. Only a Purdue fan could rationalize 18 years of NCAA futility. PU's best coach ever never made it to the Final Four, and Matt is on the same track. It isn't bad luck if you haven't done something in 18 years, it is mediocrity. Every program experiences adversity, but only PU uses it as an excuse.

Reactions: Radio Zero
The upset losses aren't entirely bad, but they haven't really been counterbalanced by upset wins.
Plus, Hummel was out the entire year, so its not like Purdue was suddenly shorthanded without him and had no bearing on an underachieving performance in the tournament. And while Haas was a blow, it was a 3-2 seed tossup game that I wasn't considering an upset.

Also, while Painter has found more growth and consistency in the regular season, if anything, Painter has underachieved to a greater extent in the tournament over the last 5 years than earlier in his career, although sample size is small
I agree with you completely. I like how Painter has gotten away from the motion, lack of guard oriented offense and has went to running mostly set plays and highlighting great guard play. That 2023 class kind of bucks the trend of typical Painter classes imo. He needs to do something though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT