ADVERTISEMENT

Biden will select his VP nominee soon. Who do you favor?

Who do you favor for Biden's VP?

• Kamala Harris

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Susan Rice

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Karen Bass

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Val Demmings

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Keisha Lance Bottoms

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Stacey Abrams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Actually Biden is the one being racist. He chose a candidate solely based on her race. If Kamala was white she wouldn't have even been considered. Fact. He was only ever going to choose a black woman. That is the very definition of a racist. Choosing someone on their race and not on their qualifications.

Is that different from picking Pence because he's an evangelical?

Exactly. His outrageousness is already somewhat normalized. For example, he accuses Biden and President Obama of treason in a press conference and no one even blinks. He says so much insane stuff daily we just shrug and say that’s Trump. Biden will say something not half as offensive and it will be talked about for days.

Ha. Im old enough to remember you and others here saying Trump is Putin’s secret agent and others even saying Trump is Putin’s ball licker. Nevermind the clear evidence to the contrary. Have you noticed where Trump has placed an Army corps HQ? Have you noticed where we have rotational troops? Do you know in what direction we have moved the NATO trip wire? Do you knowI what a map of Eastern Europe looks like? I didn’t think so.
Not to always be trying to call you out, but your discourse here is a big part of the problem being discussed. This post case in point: Your reply to Zeke started with "Ha," then you went on to rant about things that had absolutely no relevance to Zeke's point. You apparently just look to be intentionally provocative. It adds nothing and detracts a lot to this place.

Not to always be trying to call you out, but your discourse here is a big part of the problem being discussed. This post case in point: Your reply to Zeke started with "Ha," then you went on to rant about things that had absolutely no relevance to Zeke's point. You apparently just look to be intentionally provocative. It adds nothing and detracts a lot to this place.
I couldn’t disagree more. For months I thought zeke was the left’s response to Lucy.

Reactions: Lucy01
That may be true, but has nothing to do with my post.
More on point coh rarely responds with personal attacks, and only after extreme provocation after being subjected to countless personal attacks. He’s a lawyer. Snake skin so he can take it, but I totally disagree with your take. I think what’s dragging this board down is the same post being rewritten a thousand different ways to convey the same message, and useless attacks. You’re an idiot. Meltdowns etc.

C'mon, Jim. That's just silliness. There's plenty of good and bad on both sides of the political spectrum on this board. It's always been that way. That there's broad consensus among most posters that Trump is an indefensible disaster and deserves derision isn't a left-right thing. It's a Trump is an indefensible disaster and deserves derision thing.

If you can't see that, maybe that's why you shouldn't pretend to be a mod anymore. And you and I both know that GreenIronCityLagodaWorks will be back as loud and offensive as he has been for twenty years of screen name changes as soon as Trump has moved on.
It is not the comments that Trump is an unmitigated disaster. I agree, he is. It is the "he is Putin's ball-licker" "Melania is a whore" "You are an idiot" "You are a racist" that get old. Sorry, I do not share your belief that those kind of comments are equally distributed.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It is not the comments that Trump is an unmitigated disaster. I agree, he is. It is the "he is Putin's ball-licker" "Melania is a whore" "You are an idiot" "You are a racist" that get old. Sorry, I do not share your belief that those kind of comments are equally distributed.
Agreed. The left on the board are far quicker to launch into what you write. And any objective person wouldn’t disagree. Perhaps they take the current affairs more personally? See more urgency? I don’t know. I do know that it thwarts discourse. Within a week of making a post I had the poster who always writes “you’re an idiot” say to “get off this board.” Bizarre. And I think I’ve gleaned that some of the older more prominent posters are subject to meltdowns and quick with personal attacks so perhaps they’ve set a tone that’s been parroted and normalized. It’s unfortunate.

Ha. Zeke posted about normalizing outrageous comments and so did I.

I couldn’t disagree more. For months I thought zeke was the left’s response to Lucy.
Oh and how ironic that you are on here whining about how mean the left is and this is your post. I suppose you don’t see the hypocrisy at all, do you?

Oh and how ironic that you are on here whining about how mean the left is and this is your post. I suppose you don’t see the hypocrisy at all, do you?
Of all the people on this board I trust you are among the finest. A world full of Zekes would be a much better, safer, caring place, but you do not have an ounce of objectivity. In the throes of the riots you wrote “I heard the people arrested were right wingers.” That was enough.

Agreed. The left on the board are far quicker to launch into what you write. And any objective person wouldn’t disagree. Perhaps they take the current affairs more personally? See more urgency? I don’t know. I do know that it thwarts discourse. Within a week of making a post I had the poster who always writes “you’re an idiot” say to “get off this board.” Bizarre. And I think I’ve gleaned that some of the older more prominent posters are subject to meltdowns and quick with personal attacks so perhaps they’ve set a tone that’s been parroted and normalized. It’s unfortunate.
The left here may be quicker to complain about the President, as you'd expect, and as was the opposite when it was President Obama, but when it comes to insulting other posters, the idea that the left is quicker to do so or does so more often is absurd. There are several posters who exist for the sole purpose of insulting liberals, and they post more insulting things than all the liberal "meltdowns" combined.

Reactions: hoosboot
  • The left here may be quicker to complain about the President, as you'd expect, and as was the opposite when it was President Obama, but when it comes to insulting other posters, the idea that the left is quicker to do so or does so more often is absurd. There are several posters who exist for the sole purpose of insulting liberals, and they post more insulting things than all the liberal "meltdowns" combined.
    I disagree with you!

More on point coh rarely responds with personal attacks, and only after extreme provocation after being subjected to countless personal attacks. He’s a lawyer. Snake skin so he can take it, but I totally disagree with your take. I think what’s dragging this board down is the same post being rewritten a thousand different ways to convey the same message, and useless attacks. You’re an idiot. Meltdowns etc.
Cool.

C'mon, Jim. That's just silliness. There's plenty of good and bad on both sides of the political spectrum on this board. It's always been that way. That there's broad consensus among most posters that Trump is an indefensible disaster and deserves derision isn't a left-right thing. It's a Trump is an indefensible disaster and deserves derision thing.

If you can't see that, maybe that's why you shouldn't pretend to be a mod anymore. And you and I both know that GreenIronCityLagodaWorks will be back as loud and offensive as he has been for twenty years of screen name changes as soon as Trump has moved on.

You are missing the most important point. Any word of agreement with a Trump action brings derision, outrage, and worse to the poster. An objective discussion of any positive aspect of the Trump administration is not possible here. This is new. Not even the worst Obama critics did that.

Seems like there ought to be a technology solution to tally which posters are most objectionable, and to whom (so a few posters couldn't run up someone's tally).

Seems like there ought to be a technology solution to tally which posters are most objectionable, and to whom (so a few posters couldn't run up someone's tally).

Isn’t that how most use the “Like” button? Most likes come from insults and put downs.

Reactions: UncleMark
Hey, I'm doing my best to raise the bar on the level of civil discourse around here, but I can only do so much.
Seriously, I have learned quite a bit reading certain threads. There is a wealth of intelligence, wisdom, experience, viewpoints, and opinions. I also enjoy the witty repartee' , humor, sarcasm, and the personalities of most posters.
I even like some of your posts. :D

Reactions: glmiu11
c5dFnpI.png

Hey, I'm doing my best to raise the bar on the level of civil discourse around here, but I can only do so much.
Seriously, I have learned quite a bit reading certain threads. There is a wealth of intelligence, wisdom, experience, viewpoints, and opinions. I also enjoy the witty repartee' , humor, sarcasm, and the personalities of most posters.
I even like some of your posts. :D
lol right back at ya. i appreciate being reminded that i live in a shitty place in close proximity to dioxin....

Yes. That’s the images we’re seeing in Chicago and around the country. The 100 arrested the last three days looting. White supremacists.
Are you being purposely obstinate. I didn’t say all. The looters right now are likely neither party and could care less about politics.

The left here may be quicker to complain about the President, as you'd expect, and as was the opposite when it was President Obama, but when it comes to insulting other posters, the idea that the left is quicker to do so or does so more often is absurd. There are several posters who exist for the sole purpose of insulting liberals, and they post more insulting things than all the liberal "meltdowns" combined.

At least nobody on the right would, for instance, accuse an asian poster of being a Chinese agent. If they did, I'm sure Jim would be all over it.

At least nobody on the right would, for instance, accuse an asian poster of being a Chinese agent. If they did, I'm sure Jim would be all over it.

Of course their defense would be that the words “Chinese” or “agent” aren’t considered insults.

The hate the left has on this board for VPM is inexcusable, they call him names and he never says a thing! (Sad)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT