ADVERTISEMENT

Biden will select his VP nominee soon. Who do you favor?

Who do you favor for Biden's VP?

• Kamala Harris

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Susan Rice

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Karen Bass

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Val Demmings

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Keisha Lance Bottoms

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Stacey Abrams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I’m criticizing the redundancy of piling on that occurs on this board. It limits topics and discussion and interest. Trump hatred is about the only fuel this board has most days.
Yes and Outside shitter carried that over to the basketball board and got a decent thread locked!

Let’s flip this around. Trumps outrageous conduct fuels this board everyday. I get what you are saying. His presidency is exhausting. But what are people to do? We can’t simply normalize any of this. I think this is the same issue the media struggles with. Trump is so off the charts that it’s hard to even know how to handle.

There is a certain truth that Trump is the Emperor walking around with no clothes who keeps walking around with no clothes even after someone points it out. So the question is, what is the value in keeping to pointing it out? I am not saying in this post it is/is not worth it, just that is the debate being had.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You're very wrong. The idea that you can complain that someone "adds absolutely nothing to the board," while also dismissing Lucy as "harmless" is absurd.
OK. I will take care of Lucy if you take care of the 20 or 30 posters on the left that contribute nothing but "Trump sucks"

Goat, that is fine. Ladoga posts about 3 posts a month, and for what is is worth, and maybe I am totally wrong, I view Lucy as basically harmless, a form of entertainment that many on both sides enjoy.. maybe I am wrong on that.
But for every Ladoga or Lucy you want to throw at me, I can throw 20 at you, that in years past never would have gotten away with what is said today. They add absolutely nothing to the board, and my guess is that if you and I were sitting at a bar drinking a beer, you would agree with me.
The problem with Lucy is that her (?) posts are often more than just poor attempts at humor. Yanking chains is one thing. But she often ventures way too far.

On the other hand, putting her on ignore has been quite effective the past couple of years, especially since very few other posters will pick up her crap and try to run with it.

If you try to clean things up, you can't get rid of the elephant dung while ignoring her rabbit turds.

To be fair, he threatened to sue Rivals about me, because apparently I'm such a big asshole, that it's illegal. Not gonna lie, that's probably a fair argument.
Really?!?
Want to see what an Internet hurt my feelings lawsuit looks like? Check out case no. 3:19cv930 in the Western District of Kentucky.

This will be the "She's too black and not black enough" campaign. Gonna pull out all the stops.

I kinda figured this would happen but I'm surprised the attacks on Harris are completely uncoordinated and scattershot out of the gate.

The ideal play here would be for the Republicans to be on-brand with the "TOO LIBERAL, QUEEN OF ANTIFA, SOFT ON CRIME, look at this person who plea guilty to a crime and then got out and commtitted rape/murder" and launder the "NOT BLACK ENOUGH, SHE'S A COP" stuff through idiots like Diamond & Silk, PACs, and Russian Facebook groups to depress African-American turnout.

They're really helping Harris be seen as more moderate to try to attack her from the left in to amplifying the Rose Twitter people who are mad it wasn't Bernie.

The problem with Lucy is that her (?) posts are often more than just poor attempts at humor. Yanking chains is one thing. But she often ventures way too far.

On the other hand, putting her on ignore has been quite effective the past couple of years, especially since very few other posters will pick up her crap and try to run with it.

If you try to clean things up, you can't get rid of the elephant dung while ignoring her rabbit turds.
I quit trying to be humorous 3 years ago when all the Trump bashing started. When Obama was in office, you got a time out from Goat for using Obama middle name! If you want to address something look at the bigotry on the Cooler!

There is a certain truth that Trump is the Emperor walking around with no clothes who keeps walking around with no clothes even after someone points it out. So the question is, what is the value in keeping to pointing it out? I am not saying in this post it is/is not worth it, just that is the debate being had.

I agree and I personally try to put things in a couple buckets. I don’t usually dive into the threads about Trump lying, golfing, name calling, grifting, etc. That’s everyday with him. The other bucket though is his attacks on the rule of law, norms, protocols, etc. Those are very consequential to me and should be called out each time. I don’t want to see this country get complacent.

As Americans we look at what is happening in Belarus and think it could never happen here. That thinking is dangerous. We have a POTUS who wants to be that authoritarian and who is openly selling vote rigging. He has also shown he is happy to use his DHS agents to crack down on protests. I’m paying attention to this.

The last time we cracked down, someone threatened to sue Rivals. That's the world we live in.
isn't your personal stuff anonymous? if not it should be - too many nutjobs on an anonymous website. you know third parties like rivals are protected by statute from defamation and most other posting-related lawsuits. i've tried suing google twice for clients' businesses that had really disparaging shit posted about them on youtube. it went nowhere.

I’m criticizing the redundancy of piling on that occurs on this board. It limits topics and discussion and interest. Trump hatred is about the only fuel this board has most days.

That’s true. Even when a thread is about some interesting ideological issue we can always depend on somebody to post a whatabout Trump message. Often they post a whatabout CO. H. That’s the field we must play on.

All that being said, i still choose the frequent the place. I don’t understand all the concern about trolling, the use of ignore buttons, or the personal attacks. All of that tells me that many posters have no life or interests outside of the internet. That’s sad. I read what I want and post what I think. What I read depends on the topic, not who posted it. I seldom think about posters so I don’t post about them. Simple.

I agree and I personally try to put things in a couple buckets. I don’t usually dive into the threads about Trump lying, golfing, name calling, grifting, etc. That’s everyday with him. The other bucket though is his attacks on the rule of law, norms, protocols, etc. Those are very consequential to me and should be called out each time. I don’t want to see this country get complacent.

As Americans we look at what is happening in Belarus and think it could never happen here. That thinking is dangerous. We have a POTUS who wants to be that authoritarian and who is openly selling vote rigging. He has also shown he is happy to use his DHS agents to crack down on protests. I’m paying attention to this.

I agree that there are different buckets. The other day Trump said that the Spanish Flu hastened the end if WWII. Sure, it's "funny" but it is absolutely no big deal. Though I would argue even making that claim about WWI is somewhat dubious, the German Army completely played itself out in multiple massive offensives in 1918 hastening the end of the war. So his verbal faux pauxs and his golfing are just not worth anything. Though it is fair to comment that he complained bitterly about the amount of golf Obama played as did some here.

But yes, when he out and out lies about things that do matter it is fair game to be called out.

My favorite Melania moments were when she blatantly ripped off Michelle Obama's speeches.

Nobody would have been surprised if she started one of her speeches; "I grew up a poor black child in Chicago....."

As a mod, I have totally given up on this place. All civility and just basic human decency is gone. As much as this place has been a shithole for years, the level of “shitholeness” has been magnified immensely in the last year or so.

Yep, that's a microcosm of our country today and I'm 100% good with it.

I planned to vote Republican in 2016 because I didn't like Hillary. When Republicans were dumb enough (okay racist enough) to nominate a racist, a rapist, a perv, a criminal, a thief, a serial liar and a traitor like Trump, that ended any chance I would ever vote Republican in my lifetime and ended any civility I would ever show to a Republican.

As Fat Donnie Bone Spurs, the Depends-wearing imbecile once said; "It is what it is".

Let’s flip this around. Trumps outrageous conduct fuels this board everyday. I get what you are saying. His presidency is exhausting. But what are people to do? We can’t simply normalize any of this. I think this is the same issue the media struggles with. Trump is so off the charts that it’s hard to even know how to handle.
Exactly. His outrageousness is already somewhat normalized. For example, he accuses Biden and President Obama of treason in a press conference and no one even blinks. He says so much insane stuff daily we just shrug and say that’s Trump. Biden will say something not half as offensive and it will be talked about for days.

Yep, that's a microcosm of our country today and I'm 100% good with it.

I planned to vote Republican in 2016 because I didn't like Hillary. When Republicans were dumb enough (okay racist enough) to nominate a racist, a rapist, a perv, a criminal, a thief, a serial liar and a traitor like Trump, that ended any chance I would ever vote Republican in my lifetime and ended any civility I would ever show to a Republican.

As Fat Donnie Bone Spurs, the Depends-wearing imbecile once said; "It is what it is".
yes, it is pretty clear that it is a microcosm of our country. I guess different than you is that I find that sad and discouraging. Evidently you embrace it.

I agree. But I sure hope we don’t get four more years of this.
Give me four years of Biden and pray for a republican with morals. That’s where I’m at.

Yep. I have no idea what that poster says anymore. Nor do I care at all.

Exactly. His outrageousness is already somewhat normalized. For example, he accuses Biden and President Obama of treason in a press conference and no one even blinks. He says so much insane stuff daily we just shrug and say that’s Trump. Biden will say something not half as offensive and it will be talked about for days.

Ha. Im old enough to remember you and others here saying Trump is Putin’s secret agent and others even saying Trump is Putin’s ball licker.

Nevermind the clear evidence to the contrary. Have you noticed where Trump has placed an Army corps HQ? Have you noticed where we have rotational troops? Do you know in what direction we have moved the NATO trip wire? Do you knowI what a map of Eastern Europe looks like? I didn’t think so.

yes, it is pretty clear that it is a microcosm of our country. I guess different than you is that I find that sad and discouraging. Evidently you embrace it.

Republicans nominated a guy that stole from his own charitable foundation. It was forced to close. They nominated a guy who literally created a fake university to rip people off. Dude was forced to pay 20 million in restitution and that fake school closed.

They nominated a guy who bragged of his sexual assault tactics on the Access Hollywood tape. Bragged about intentionally walking in on teenage girls while they were dressing or nude. A guy that has been accused of sexual assault 25 times including the rape of a 13 year old and his ex-wife Ivana.

They nominated a guy who attacked a former POW who was jailed in Vietnam for years. The guy they nominated continued to attack this man even after he died. They nominated a guy who attacked Gold Star families and long serving generals. They nominated a guy who faked having bone spurs to avoid the draft.

They nominated a guy with a history of racism who also mocked a disabled reporter.

I could go on and on.

Yeah, Republicans now sicken me. I have no interest in any "healing" or "coming together", thank you.

Ha. Im old enough to remember you and others here saying Trump is Putin’s secret agent and others even saying Trump is Putin’s ball licker.

Nevermind the clear evidence to the contrary. Have you noticed where Trump has placed an Army corps HQ? Have you noticed where we have rotational troops? Do you know in what direction we have moved the NATO trip wire? Do you knowI what a map of Eastern Europe looks like? I didn’t think so.

So why are our intel agencies still saying Russia is trying the get Trump reelected? I would get China and Biden. But if Trump is Russia's worst nightmare, one wouldn't think Putin is trying to push for him. Maybe Putin has an agenda that doesn't care where US troops are located today. His chessboard isn't looking at Poland as his goal so he doesn't care what we do there to look tough.

The question is "Does Trump know?". We both know the answer to that.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Interesting that you chose Dick Morris to comment on Kamala's morals.

On August 29, 1996, Morris resigned from the Clinton campaign after tabloid reports stated that he had been involved with a prostitute, Sherry Rowlands, as reported by the Washington Post. A New York tabloid newspaper, the Star, had obtained and published a set of photographs allegedly of Morris and the woman on a Washington, D.C., hotel balcony. News of the impending publication broke during the third day of the 1996 Democratic Convention. The Electronic Telegraph reported unverified claims that in order to impress Rowlands, Morris invited her to listen in on his conversations with President Clinton. According to Rowlands, Morris had a fondness for sucking toes. It was also alleged he had an out-of-wedlock child from an affair with a Texas woman.

Reactions: plaxico80
My wife got those talking points last night on Facebook when she read a contribution to her newsfeed from a Pub "friend".

Soooo . . . who are the "extreme left" issuing orders to Biden? I'd be interested to know.

BTW, Morris' take is racist, focused entirely on Harris' race and not on her qualifications. You still have a blind spot there.

Actually Biden is the one being racist. He chose a candidate solely based on her race. If Kamala was white she wouldn't have even been considered. Fact. He was only ever going to choose a black woman. That is the very definition of a racist. Choosing someone on their race and not on their qualifications.

Reactions: Lucy01

I’ve never said he was a secret agent. I’ve said he was Putin’s puppet. Which he clearly is. But not sure what any of that has to do with my original comment.,

Interesting that you chose Dick Morris to comment on Kamala's morals.

On August 29, 1996, Morris resigned from the Clinton campaign after tabloid reports stated that he had been involved with a prostitute, Sherry Rowlands, as reported by the Washington Post. A New York tabloid newspaper, the Star, had obtained and published a set of photographs allegedly of Morris and the woman on a Washington, D.C., hotel balcony. News of the impending publication broke during the third day of the 1996 Democratic Convention. The Electronic Telegraph reported unverified claims that in order to impress Rowlands, Morris invited her to listen in on his conversations with President Clinton. According to Rowlands, Morris had a fondness for sucking toes. It was also alleged he had an out-of-wedlock child from an affair with a Texas woman.

And? What does that have to do with anything? Most know Morris had some major issues in his personal life. That doesn't have anything to do with his knowledge on politics. He has forgotten more about politics than almost anyone here will learn in their lifetime.

Actually Biden is the one being racist. He chose a candidate solely based on her race. If Kamala was white she wouldn't have even been considered. Fact. He was only ever going to choose a black woman. That is the very definition of a racist. Choosing someone on their race and not on their qualifications.
So you’re saying she’s not qualified? That’s interesting. On what basis ? It appears to me she is highly qualified, which is why I’ve been supporting her from the start. I realize she’s not like Sarah Palin or anything, but...

Reactions: plaxico80
Just Lucy? Nice try.

There are 20-30 so-called conservative posters to clean up after on this board. All or nothing. Otherwise, don't even pretend to be a mod . . . .
I don't pretend to be a mod. As I said earlier, I waived the white flag on that. As for your comments on 20-30 conservative posters, I don't think there are that many that even post anymore. If there are, do you think they stoop to the level of name-calling and overall nastiness of this board? If you do, you are just not being honest. Obviously there are some, and virtually all posters have resorted to childish tactics at times. But the level of vitriol and disgust on this board is about 80% from the left

Reactions: Lucy01
And? What does that have to do with anything? Most know Morris had some major issues in his personal life. That doesn't have anything to do with his knowledge on politics. He has forgotten more about politics than almost anyone here will learn in their lifetime.
As Dick says in the video, "Kamala got her start in politics due to a sexual relationship with Willie Brown"; so she's a slut and not qualified. Right?

Wrong. On all points. Try again.

I don't pretend to be a mod. As I said earlier, I waived the white flag on that. As for your comments on 20-30 conservative posters, I don't think there are that many that even post anymore. If there are, do you think they stoop to the level of name-calling and overall nastiness of this board? If you do, you are just not being honest. Obviously there are some, and virtually all posters have resorted to childish tactics at times. But the level of vitriol and disgust on this board is about 80% from the left

C'mon, Jim. That's just silliness. There's plenty of good and bad on both sides of the political spectrum on this board. It's always been that way. That there's broad consensus among most posters that Trump is an indefensible disaster and deserves derision isn't a left-right thing. It's a Trump is an indefensible disaster and deserves derision thing.

If you can't see that, maybe that's why you shouldn't pretend to be a mod anymore. And you and I both know that GreenIronCityLagodaWorks will be back as loud and offensive as he has been for twenty years of screen name changes as soon as Trump has moved on.

That is the very definition of a racist. Choosing someone on their race and not on their qualifications.
Whay sort of goofy dictionary are you using? Did Fox News write a DICKtionary?

That is not at all what racism means.

Merriam-Webster's current definition of racism:
A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Oxford dictionary (much better, I think):
The inability or refusal to recognize the rights, needs, dignity, or value of people of particular races or geographical origins. More widely, the devaluation of various traits of character or intelligence as 'typical' of particular peoples.

Last edited:

Wow. What's your address? I'd like to send you some self-awareness and a book about leadership.

Reactions: outside shooter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT