ADVERTISEMENT

Biden will select his VP nominee soon. Who do you favor?

Who do you favor for Biden's VP?

• Kamala Harris

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Susan Rice

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Karen Bass

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Val Demmings

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Keisha Lance Bottoms

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Stacey Abrams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
To answer the question, I'm pulling for Rice.

I don't think she wants to be president and I want a clean slate in 2024 if I can get it. Harris definitely runs in 2024 if Biden wins.

Still I have no issues with either.

Harris will be attacked for her AG record, her platform and for her personal tabloid stuff.

Rice will be attacked for Bhengazi and I'm sure other stuff as they always are.

One things for sure the right is going to pounce immediately on both.

I actually thought there was some crazy stat that there have only been like five veeps who were elected as President in our history.
Adams(I), Jefferson, Van Buren, Nixon, and Bush (I). Does not include any who were elected President after first serving out their predecessor’s term.

Reactions: outside shooter
Klobachar was very likeable. I could've maybe voted for her if I was assured the Republicans would hold the Senate. I have no idea why you guys didn't nominate her. You'd have the WH in the bag. She's Hillary except she's likeable, honest, and not a criminal.
She's basically agreeable, in that midwest sort of way if hers. But she's nothing like Hillary - you're way off base there.

And even though the pick itself probably won't decide who wins in November, how it's rolled out, and how the running mate is used are still important, and can help shape the narrative in Biden's favor, or against.

This is true. McCain probably wasn't going to win in 08 even if he'd picked Lieberman like he wanted to but it would've been a lot closer. Palin was a disaster.

She's basically agreeable, in that midwest sort of way if hers. But she's nothing like Hillary - you're way off base there.

She's a white female Senator and attorney from the Midwest all like Hillary. She has none of Hillarys negatives though as I said so in that sense you're correct.

Harris out of those listed, who can run in 2024, ready to be President, in her 50s, gives good speeches and is good in debates.

Also there'd be this dynamic where "HARRIS IS A COP AND TOO FRIENDLY TO POLICE"/"HARRIS IS TOO LIBERAL/SOFT ON CRIME" cancel each other out.

Reactions: largemouth
It's Harris.

Biden really didn't have any good choices. Not sure a Californian helps the ticket in any way. The women in my family despise Trump but they probably hate Kamala almost as much. She clearly didn't listen to Willie Brown.

All in all the smart move. I understood Willie's point, that AG would be better. But the AG needs to be removed from "politics" and any move Harris would make as AG would be viewed through the lens of her doing it for political reasons.

Next step for Biden is to name his primary Cabinet picks. I'm pulling for Rice at State (or NSC) and Amy as AG. I'd rather see Warren stay in a Dem Senate to run roughshod over the moneyed interests. That would give winners a stiffy.

Kamela is going to rip Mike Pence a new anal orifice in any VP debate

Wow. Well said. "ripping somebody a new one" is the best thing to say about her. She has shown herself to be well-qualified for that. That's why she withdrew from the primaries before the first vote was cast.

Well who were his good choices? It should've been Klobachar. I'd be nervous about Minnesota if I was a Dem.
Yeah, and Trump is playing to soccer moms . . . :rolleyes:

Harris solidifies the Democratic base while making a reasonable argument that the Biden administration will have interests of law and order front and center at the same time. Susan Rice remains a solid and loyal player for the Biden/Harris ticket on the international/security side without any baggage she has weighing on the ticket.

Klobuchar needs some time to marinate . . . she shows real promise, but she was a bit timid/deferential on the stump, IMO . . . a few years of experience to provide her the confidence that she is prime material for the prime time will do her an awful lot of good.

BTW, how well Klobuchar delivers Minnesota to the Democratic column will go a long way towards getting her a good bit of street cred among national Democrats . . . if you really like Klobuchar I'll see you in Minnesota doing volunteer campaign work for the Biden/Harris ticket in 2020, as it would be the best thing for her political future. ;)

Biden really didn't have any good choices. Not sure a Californian helps the ticket in any way. The women in my family despise Trump but they probably hate Kamala almost as much. She clearly didn't listen to Willie Brown.
You should let them out of the basement more.

She looks almost white and is easily digestible to mainstream eyeballs based on her looks, that’s why she got picked and why someone like Abrahms didn’t

She looks almost white and is easily digestible to mainstream eyeballs based on her looks, that’s why she got picked and why someone like Abrahms didn’t

He had no good options. Rice seems like a nice person but she's been in Washington her whole life and there's the cartoon. Bass would've handed Florida to Trump on a silver platter. Abrams isn't remotely qualified. Harris was probably the best of who he was allowed to pick.

I’m sure it was all about her looks and nothing to do with experience. Lol

Well, this turned into a sh!t show quickly. All it takes is an idiot comment like...he didn't have any good choices...and the thread turns into mud. Biden had incredible options and selected probably the one best tested for the campaign. Excellent choice. But it's undeniable that Biden had the luxury of strong candidates to choose from. It's not unlike the strong candidates for the Democratic nomination for POTUS. Compared to the last Republican POTUS primary candidates, the Democrats have an excellent group of dynamic, talented leaders.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
He had no good options. Rice seems like a nice person but she's been in Washington her whole life and there's the cartoon. Bass would've handed Florida to Trump on a silver platter. Abrams isn't remotely qualified. Harris was probably the best of who he was allowed to pick.
You're full of $h*t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT