ADVERTISEMENT

Biden will select his VP nominee soon. Who do you favor?

Who do you favor for Biden's VP?

• Kamala Harris

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Susan Rice

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Karen Bass

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Val Demmings

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Keisha Lance Bottoms

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Stacey Abrams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It will be Rice IMO. The problem is that she's a pathological liar and she was born and raised in DC her whole life. Biden has been in Washington since the Lincoln administration. That won't play well in PA, MI, OH, WI, etc.

Kamala is almost more unlikable than Hillary.
Can you give us examples of her history of lying?
Besides, if I am not mistaken, you are a Trump supporter. Ergo, you would adore liars!

I guess never say never... But Trump's numbers are so bad that it's going to be very hard for the GOP to hold the Senate. Forget the bluster coming from Team Trump. Look at where they are spending ad money, and notice how GOP incumbent Senators in places like Iowa, NC, and even AZ refrain from even mentioning Trump in their campaign ads.

If they felt Trump would help them win, they'd be singing his praises and touting their votes to keep the Senate from finding him guilty during his trial. NONE of them are even mentioning those issues. Trump is toxic everywhere except for deep RED Trump states, and I still feel the combination of Trump and Kemp will result in the Dems winning at least 1 of the 2 GA Senate seats up for grabs...

Rasmussen has Trump only down by 3 today. He polls likely voters and was the most accurate pollster in 2016. Most of the pundits I've heard say Trump could lose the popular vote by 3 and still possibly win the EC. Biden seems to have increased his lead in NY and CA vs what Hillary did. Also, TX and GA are much tighter than they should be but Trump is ahead. It's far from over.

It will be Rice IMO. The problem is that she's a pathological liar and she was born and raised in DC her whole life. Biden has been in Washington since the Lincoln administration. That won't play well in PA, MI, OH, WI, etc.

Kamala is almost more unlikable than Hillary.
Um, both of those takes are nuts. But ok.

A lot of people absolutely love Trump. Fact. Also fact. A lot of people absolutely despise him. However, no one likes Kamala.

And the things people like Bubba, JFK, and murdering Ted Kennedy did to women were a million times worse than anything Trump has likely done. But I know. That's different.
Oh really? Maybe tell the 13 year old that Trump allegedly raped and was ready to testify until he got death threats. Wonder how Kamala has done so well if everyone hated her?

Klobachar was very likeable. I could've maybe voted for her if I was assured the Republicans would hold the Senate. I have no idea why you guys didn't nominate her. You'd have the WH in the bag. She's Hillary except she's likeable, honest, and not a criminal.
I think you’re not a very good judge of character.

Trump represents my interests. Biden and the Dems don't. It's pretty simple. It's why you lefties vote for people like the Clintons and Kennedys even though they are probably more deplorable than Trump.
No one is more deplorable than Trump. Exactly what interests does he represent for you? Are you a 1%?

She's actually really awesome. Really smart, really insightful, really strong. Don't believe the anti-hype.
It cracks me up that people say she’s mean or angry. Lindsey Graham can scream, yell, and cry and he doesn’t have a reputation. But let a woman ask tough questions and she is angry. My image of her is in her rainbow jacket dancing with people at a parade. I think she is very charismatic.

Whoever it is, they need to develop a path forward on social justice issues. Improving majority Black schools shoule be at the top of the list. A plan, any serious plan, is a path to the White House.

Plus seriously address the ever-widening income gap/discrepancy.

Reactions: bawlmer
She's actually really awesome. Really smart, really insightful, really strong. Don't believe the anti-hype.
She’s way left of my preference but one cannot dispute any of the traits you attach to her. Really Impressive, interesting, accomplished, and diverse background.

Reactions: hoosboot
It cracks me up that people say she’s mean or angry. Lindsey Graham can scream, yell, and cry and he doesn’t have a reputation. But let a woman ask tough questions and she is angry. My image of her is in her rainbow jacket dancing with people at a parade. I think she is very charismatic.

Exactly. She’s the female Obama, and I’ve heard a Biden/Harris ticket described as the Obama/Biden ticket in reverse. The pandemic and lack of public rally’s will actually limit her ability to impress voters that don’t know her. The pubs will still piss their pants if she’s the pick.

She becomes the VP candidate and you’ll never see her wear a rainbow jacket in a parade.

Reports are that Joe is down to two candidates, Susan Rice and Kamala Harris. We should know the pick within a week or so. I'm good with either Rice or Harris, although I prefer Rice in terms of experience and administrative knowledge.
Wow. The Democrats might actually find a way to blow this election. Didn’t think that was possible.

Oh really? Maybe tell the 13 year old that Trump allegedly raped and was ready to testify until he got death threats. Wonder how Kamala has done so well if everyone hated her?

How did she do well? She was the clear frontrunner but dropped out before IA because no one could stand her. She's a Senator because of what she was willing to do for Willie Brown. It has nothing to do with likeability.

How did she do well? She was the clear frontrunner but dropped out before IA because no one could stand her. She's a Senator because of what she was willing to do for Willie Brown. It has nothing to do with likeability.
Oh? What was she willing to do for Willie Brown? She was attorney general before that.

Rasmussen has Trump only down by 3 today. He polls likely voters and was the most accurate pollster in 2016. Most of the pundits I've heard say Trump could lose the popular vote by 3 and still possibly win the EC. Biden seems to have increased his lead in NY and CA vs what Hillary did. Also, TX and GA are much tighter than they should be but Trump is ahead. It's far from over.

Rasmussen was the least accurate in 2018, precisely because his "likely voters" model over samples republicans. He had the GOP +1, and the Dems actually won by 8.6. If you oversample Republicans then you believe that the "attacks" on Kavanaugh, the Caravans and the "walking away" nonsense were the primary driving force heading into the 2018 midterms. But the reality is that anti-Trump sentiment ended up being the driving force,and the numbers are even lower now.

Trump has shut down ads in MI, and is spending money on ads in Iowa and OH. That fact alone tells you his internal poll numbers are in the toilet. He only won MI in 2016 because Black turnout in Detroit was down. With the way, Trump has attacked Whitmer (which made her more popular) and the tremendous losses the Black community in Detroit suffered due to COVID, voter apathy will not be a factor in Michigan.

Biden already increased turnout in the Dem Primary by close to 250,000 more voters in 2020 over 2016. Right now Team Trump considers ad spend in MI as money down the drain. It's basically the same situation in both WI and PA as well, in addition to states like NC, FL, and GA where Trump trails as well...

Rasmussen was the least accurate in 2018, precisely because his "likely voters" model over samples republicans. He had the GOP +1, and the Dems actually won by 8.6. If you oversample Republicans then you believe that the "attacks" on Kavanaugh, the Caravans and the "walking away" nonsense were the primary driving force heading into the 2018 midterms. But the reality is that anti-Trump sentiment ended up being the driving force,and the numbers are even lower now.

Trump has shut down ads in MI, and is spending money on ads in Iowa and OH. That fact alone tells you his internal poll numbers are in the toilet. He only won MI in 2016 because Black turnout in Detroit was down. With the way, Trump has attacked Whitmer (which made her more popular) and the tremendous losses the Black community in Detroit suffered due to COVID, voter apathy will not be a factor in Michigan.

Biden already increased turnout in the Dem Primary by close to 250,000 more voters in 2020 over 2016. Right now Team Trump considers ad spend in MI as money down the drain. It's basically the same situation in both WI and PA as well, in addition to states like NC, FL, and GA where Trump trails as well...
It's still way too early to be predicting anything based on the polls, but it is a fact that as of right now, Trump is in really bad shape. In fact, the entire GOP is looking pretty rough. That's why Mitch gave Senators permission to spread their wings and go out on their own sans Trump.

Probably not. But I do think it's a decision with far reaching consequences under these particular circumstances.
And even though the pick itself probably won't decide who wins in November, how it's rolled out, and how the running mate is used are still important, and can help shape the narrative in Biden's favor, or against.

And even though the pick itself probably won't decide who wins in November, how it's rolled out, and how the running mate is used are still important, and can help shape the narrative in Biden's favor, or against.
I'm thinking more in terms of how it sets things up for 2024.

I'm thinking more in terms of how it sets things up for 2024.
Yeah, I knew you were. But while I was typing my response, I lost my train of thought.

Here's the problem with 2024. The biggest question facing the Democrats down the road is this: will they be looking to go back to safe political ground, or will they be looking to ride the growing liberal wave and push the country into new territory. If it's the former, this is easy: pick Rice or Harris. If it's the latter, things get trickier, because none of the likely candidates are really positioned to "lead the revolution," as it were. This is one of the delicate truths of the Democratic coalition, and the reason Warren was in the running for so long: Democrats need both blacks and liberals, but liberals are whiter than cue balls. It's really hard to find someone who can energize both.

I knew I liked you for a reason.
Okay, this thread is getting creepy now.
o9zKINY.jpg

I didn't say it doesn't matter. I said it won't make or break the election. It never does.

It was a death knell to McCain and made people on the fence really question his judgment.

There were also worries about McCain's health.

Obama most likely still wins, he was an almost perfect candidate at that moment after dubya, but its much tighter if Palin wasn't being vetted the first time with three months to go til the election.

Normally though you are absolutely right, the veep is icing and not the cake.

I actually thought there was some crazy stat that there have only been like five veeps who were elected as President in our history.

But with Biden being so damn old, that veep can be more more easily weaponized by the right.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT