ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Dissents

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
So the guy who showed he’s demented and unfit now tries to undermine the Supreme Court.

The Dems use the Justice Department to go after their opponent and when that doesn’t work they go after the Supreme Court.

"tries"

But he didn't try to do that. He dissents. He agrees with the Court's dissent. He disagrees with the majority opinion. That's allowed in the United States, and a far cry from your hyperbolic claim that he's "undermining the Supreme Court."

I didn't hear him call any of the justices "corrupt, "conflicted, " "un-American," "the devil" or go after their family members or say "take a look at where they [the justices] come from," etc., etc., etc.

"tries"

But he didn't try to do that. He dissents. He agrees with the Court's dissent. He disagrees with the majority opinion. That's allowed in the United States, and a far cry from your hyperbolic claim that he's "undermining the Supreme Court."

I didn't hear him call any of the justices "corrupt, "conflicted, " "un-American," "the devil" or go after their family members or say "take a look at where they [the justices] come from," etc., etc., etc.
Biden taking the opportunity to specifically criticize the Supreme Court crosses a line, especially for an idiot who doesn’t know a tort from a torte.

Presidents, both Democratic and Republican, have criticized SCOTUS decisions for many, many decades. There is no line.
Not like this with a prepared speech from the White House the day the opinion is announced.

And then there is the issue that he lied about the decision, but that is a different matter.

Not like this with a prepared speech from the White House the day the opinion is announced.

And then there is the issue that he lied about the decision, but that is a different matter.
It's not lying if it's trying to influence votes. It's just politics. At least that's what I've been told.

LOL. Whatever. I'm sure all the other speeches were unprepared.
Biden’s supreme court criticism is unprecedented, dangerous, divisive, and drives court credibility to new depths. Not mention that the criticism lacks any honest comment and is materially and deliberately false with this.

“Today's decision almost certainly means that there are virtually no limits on what the president can do,” Biden said. “The power of the office will no longer be constrained by the law, even including the Supreme Court of the United States. The only limits will be self-imposed by the president alone.”​

Reactions: DANC
Biden’s supreme court criticism is unprecedented, dangerous, divisive, and drives court credibility to new depths. Not mention that the criticism lacks any honest comment and is materially and deliberately false with this.

“Today's decision almost certainly means that there are virtually no limits on what the president can do,” Biden said. “The power of the office will no longer be constrained by the law, even including the Supreme Court of the United States. The only limits will be self-imposed by the president alone.”​
No, it's not. You're being ridiculous on purpose.

Reactions: BCCHoosier

Honest question: has the president ever had a nightly press conference to discuss or attack a SCt decision?

Honest question: has the president ever had a nightly press conference to discuss or attack a SCt decision?
Some reported that Obama’s attack on SCOTUS over Citizens United was a first. I think “first” meant during the State of the Union. There have been general comments about court make up over the years and Trump certainly talked about appointing certain kinds of justices. But the fusillade Biden set off tonight is the first attack of that kind that I know of. And what makes it worse is Biden’s criticism is wrong.

Reactions: mohoosier and 76-1
They want a king, a dictator. this is a forward-thinking ruling. Trump can commit any crime and he has immunity, immunity, and immunity, The chevron case, Project 2025, trump and maga will have supreme power. They will have complete white supremacy. trump will be from his crimes ,elimination federal departments and rolling back all of the civil rights accomplishments going back to the 1940s. Trump wants to end democracy, the supreme court will let him do it.

They want a king, a dictator. this is a forward-thinking ruling. Trump can commit any crime and he has immunity, immunity, and immunity, The chevron case, Project 2025, trump and maga will have supreme power. They will have complete white supremacy. trump will be from his crimes ,elimination federal departments and rolling back all of the civil rights accomplishments going back to the 1940s. Trump wants to end democracy, the supreme court will let him do it.
Holy shit the liberals have completely ****ed your mind.

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes and DANC

WTF.gif
BS.gif
Insane.gif

Some reported that Obama’s attack on SCOTUS over Citizens United was a first. I think “first” meant during the State of the Union. There have been general comments about court make up over the years and Trump certainly talked about appointing certain kinds of justices. But the fusillade Biden set off tonight is the first attack of that kind that I know of. And what makes it worse is Biden’s criticism is wrong.

You must have Biden brain....

Reactions: UncleMark
It's rich to hear a Trump supporter complaining about attacks on the judiciary. I mean, the Chief Justice hasn't felt compelled to respond to President Biden's comments like he did with a certain other President.
You should post a defense of Biden’s comment instead of posting about me.

Nobody in this thread has defended what Biden said or how he chose to say it.

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania and DANC
Was Trump complaining about an official ruling of the court or Sotomayor criticizing him publicly? I would see a big difference in this. Biden is complaining about an official ruling correct?

Sotomayor’s dissent was written in the style justices use after losing a divided ruling and did not mention Trump or accuse the courts of a pro-Trump bias. It depicted accurately how the Trump administration has asked the supreme court to intervene in cases playing out in lower courts at a higher rate than George W Bush and Barack Obama combined.

That's from the article. Seems to me he didn't like that she wasn't kissing the ring.

• Haha
Reactions: stollcpa
Joe’s just pissed his plan to take out his political opponent took a hit. He has to say something to prop up the troops. Does the theater look strange? Sure, but the entire process is strange and unprecedented.
Democrats have chutzpah, if nothing else.

They are the first to charge an ex-President with a crime and then whine when the SC strikes down their ridiculous lawfare strategy. Like a President hasn't had immunity from prosecution for official acts for centuries.

But........ anything to take away attention from Joe's dementia.

Presidents criticize courts all the time. It always becomes a "first" for you when the president is a Democrat.

Reactions: hoosboot
You should post a defense of Biden’s comment instead of posting about me.

Nobody in this thread has defended what Biden said or how he chose to say it.
That's because it doesn't need defending. It's a normal part of the political process. Defending the indefensible is your bag, not mine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT