ADVERTISEMENT

Betting Line

ce36ei

Senior
Sep 14, 2019
Opened as pickem. Both IU and Tennessee are 7-5 ATS. Can’t get a whole lot more even.

Wonder how IU was selected “visitor?”

I thought that the “home” designation went to the team with the overall better record in these bowls?

Reactions: midwolfe
This game feels like the 2007 Insight Bowl vs Oklahoma State.

Similarities:

Both seasons ended with an emotional bucket game win
Both matched IU up against an under-performing team from a power conference loaded with talent
Both opponents were skeptical about their head coach
Both teams wear ugly orange

Reactions: i'vegotwinners

Similarities:

Both matched IU up against an under-performing team from a power conference loaded with talent
This IU team is more talented than that IU team, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Also, that Oklahoma State team would kick this Tennessee team's ass. Many here have stated that Ok St team was the best 6-6 team they've ever seen...I would have to agree.

Reactions: vesuvius13

Similarities:

We’re skeptical about our head coach?

This IU team is more talented than that IU team, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Also, that Oklahoma State team would kick this Tennessee team's ass. Many here have stated that Ok St team was the best 6-6 team they've ever seen...I would have to agree.
I agree this year's team is better than the 2007 Hoosiers, but there was plenty of talent on that earlier team. On D, Tracy Porter was in the secondary as was another solid corner, Leslie Majors. Also, Greg Middleton led the nation in sacks in 2007, and Jammie Kirlew was also outstanding (sacks and TFLs).

Unfortunately we ran into a buzzsaw in Zac Robinson and Dez Bryant on New Year's Eve. I was at the game and it wasn't as close as the final score would suggest. If I'm remembering correctly, Austin Starr gave us an early lead but it was all downhill from there. I don't know if that Oklahoma State team was the best 6-6 team ever, but it was definitely the best 6-6 team that season.

Hopefully things play out very differently for us in our bowl game next month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT