ADVERTISEMENT

Beshear In DC

No, I can afford to subscribe without needing any help. Do we need to start you a GoFundMe?
🤣 I will. But you really should target those who follow for sports first. I was reading the backlash on other forums here from trying to get people to subscribe. What’s the issue? Rivals? I remember paying for years and it was impossible to cancel. The best approach is that the site can’t run without donations if people don’t care about the “news” which with recruiting/portal etc is a crapshoot of silliness. Otherwise why pay for the cow when the milk is free is a tough one to overcome. I’m happy to do it as a donation to keep the board alive.

I checked Netflix not on. Prime not on. I’m going down the list

It’s an Fx show.

On Hulu. Or buy it on Prime. Stop being a woman.

starsky-and-hutch-ben-stiller.gif

🤣 I will. But you really should target those who follow for sports first. I was reading the backlash on other forums here from trying to get people to subscribe. What’s the issue? Rivals? I remember paying for years and it was impossible to cancel. The best approach is that the site can’t run without donations if people don’t care about the “news” which with recruiting/portal etc is a crapshoot of silliness. Otherwise why pay for the cow when the milk is free is a tough one to overcome. I’m happy to do it as a donation to keep the board alive.
I consider it a donation, for a place to bitch at each other.
Cheaper than a house and a divorce, and you can turn off people you want to.
Unlike women.... Which is probably why men are marrying other men... A male gay argument sounds like.
ugghhh, ... arrrrrr grumble...
Over.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Justified would give you a reason to keep drinking. It’s a Top 10 show in recent memory for me. Great characters
I've never seen it. I'll put it on the list. Burning through Band of Brothers with my son right now (just watched the one where they liberated the concentration camp--hey Germany, go **** yourself). Also have The Bear and the Boys lined up.

Need to find time to read!

• Wow
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I've never seen it. I'll put it on the list. Burning through Band of Brothers with my son right now (just watched the one where they liberated the concentration camp--hey Germany, go **** yourself). Also have The Bear and the Boys lined up.

Need to find time to read!

It’s a great show. If your kids are HS or older, they’ll enjoy it too.

FBDlQQEBnFzipvgJ4n.gif

Reactions: BradStevens
IU
Purdue
*entucky
Loyola of Chicago (don't ask)
Depaul (really don't ask)
Depauw (b/c she thinks it's Depaul)

At least she's got a sturdy back.
That is quite the combination of schools - those last three really have nothing in common with the first three (plus Tennessee).

My daughter just finished her freshman year at UT and loves it. She also considered IU, Kentucky (slightly), Ohio State, Wisconsin (slightly), and Miami (Ohio). Not Purdue, since her brother and dad both went there and she wanted to major in marketing (Purdue has a great business/management program, but more on the technical side such as logistics, finance, etc.).

One thing about UT is that it was the cheapest of the ones she looked at - even Ohio State and Miami as an in-state student. As you probably know, UT, like a lot of schools in the South, offer pretty generous scholarships for out-of-state students based on an SAT/GPA formula. She did quite well her first year (~3.9, with one A-), but I'm not sure how rigorous the program was for her first year. Campus is nice, though the dorms are not great. On the other hand, only freshman are allowed to live in the dorms. Next year she is living in a high rise apartment that is still being built. It's not cheap, but she'll be with 6 girls and each will have their own bathroom. She also joined a sorority, but only a small portion of the girls actually live in the sorority house. (I think there are ~400+ members.)

As I said, she loves UT, but has already mentioned that does not want to live in the South after she graduates. Not sure why, though.

Reactions: larsIU
This was his Emmy role that launched his career.
I wouldn't say The Righteous Gemstones launched Walton Goggin's career - he was in a ton of movies and TV shows long prior to Gemstones, including a large role in The Shield and Vice Principals. He also has never won an Emmy. His only nomination was for Justified (which came well before The Righteous Gemstones).

That is quite the combination of schools - those last three really have nothing in common with the first three (plus Tennessee).

My daughter just finished her freshman year at UT and loves it. She also considered IU, Kentucky (slightly), Ohio State, Wisconsin (slightly), and Miami (Ohio). Not Purdue, since her brother and dad both went there and she wanted to major in marketing (Purdue has a great business/management program, but more on the technical side such as logistics, finance, etc.).

One thing about UT is that it was the cheapest of the ones she looked at - even Ohio State and Miami as an in-state student. As you probably know, UT, like a lot of schools in the South, offer pretty generous scholarships for out-of-state students based on an SAT/GPA formula. She did quite well her first year (~3.9, with one A-), but I'm not sure how rigorous the program was for her first year. Campus is nice, though the dorms are not great. On the other hand, only freshman are allowed to live in the dorms. Next year she is living in a high rise apartment that is still being built. It's not cheap, but she'll be with 6 girls and each will have their own bathroom. She also joined a sorority, but only a small portion of the girls actually live in the sorority house. (I think there are ~400+ members.)

As I said, she loves UT, but has already mentioned that does not want to live in the South after she graduates. Not sure why, though.
Did she get in to UW? Why did she pick Tenn over the Big Ten schools?

I wouldn't say The Righteous Gemstones launched Walton Goggin's career - he was in a ton of movies and TV shows long prior to Gemstones, including a large role in The Shield and Vice Principals. He also has never won an Emmy. His only nomination was for Justified (which came well before The Righteous Gemstones).
I think he was referring to Justified launching Goggin's career.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

Don't.....Don't visit the cadaver farm..

Did she get in to UW? Why did she pick Tenn over the Big Ten schools?
Yes, she was accepted at UW. She also applied to Georgia but was wait listed (I think).

I think one of the biggest reasons she picked Tenn is that she had several friends already there or planning to go there. She also enjoyed her visits to Tenn. I think there are at least 10-12 kids from her high school graduating class and the class from the year prior that are at Tenn. Kind of crazy given that we live in Cincinnati (~4 hour drive to Knoxville) and there were only about 275 kids per graduating class at her high school.

Has your daughter considered Miami? Great school and a beautiful campus (very similar to Bloomington).

I meant Justified did. I know he was in the Shield, but Boyd Crowder is a character that will be remembered for a long, long time.

Reactions: Noodle
Yes, she was accepted at UW. She also applied to Georgia but was wait listed (I think).

I think one of the biggest reasons she picked Tenn is that she had several friends already there or planning to go there. She also enjoyed her visits to Tenn. I think there are at least 10-12 kids from her high school graduating class and the class from the year prior that are at Tenn. Kind of crazy given that we live in Cincinnati (~4 hour drive to Knoxville) and there were only about 275 kids per graduating class at her high school.

Has your daughter considered Miami? Great school and a beautiful campus (very similar to Bloomington).
I've never been. It's big, isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT