ADVERTISEMENT

Beer Thread

I agree about brewing, but why can't they figure out the green glass part? That's noob-level stuff.

They are shipping Pilsner Urquell in brown bottles. Still a favorite of mine.

I don't know why, maybe this sheds some light:

http://vinepair.com/wine-blog/green...-skunk-so-why-do-companies-keep-producing-it/

They do store the beer like this in stores, maybe it helps:

crates-for-czech-beer-gambrinus-staropramen-and-krusovice-in-the-supermarket-FXGA91.jpg

Two of these and a Dreadnaught from 3F so far tonight....

dddb6778a6.jpeg
I loved Citra Hero last year. I went through several bombers, but cans are way better. I'll hopefully grab a couple 6 packs when I go to the Cubs game on the 4th. Hopefully it will be better than the canned Crystal Hero. That was a sweet, sticky disappointment.

Founders Redakulous for me tonight. Glad they brought it back in 4 packs .

Last edited:
Reactions: ovaltine
I loved Citra Hero last year. I went through several bombers, but cans are way better. I'll hopefully grab a couple 6 packs when I go to the Cubs game on the 4th. Hopefully it will be better than the canned Crystal Hero. That was a sweet, sticky disappointment.

Founders Redakulous for me tonight. Glad they brought it back in 4 packs .
TH bottled King Sue and it's available at the brewery in bombers. I may have a line on some. *fingers crossed*

I stopped at my local today, and they held this for me (NugMo and Galaxy Dry-Hopped Pseudo Sue). I'm awash!

wpGviSm.jpg

TH bottled King Sue and it's available at the brewery in bombers. I may have a line on some. *fingers crossed*

I stopped at my local today, and they held this for me (NugMo and Galaxy Dry-Hopped Pseudo Sue). I'm awash!

wpGviSm.jpg
It's so beautiful.

I tried Against the Grain in Louisville over the weekend - I really enjoyed all 4 beers I tried...and will definetly head back soon to taste more.
The local Krogers was carrying their 4-packs recently too. Against the Grain - cool cans, clever descriptions, large variety, and good beers!

Also went to Goodwood - but already knew Im not too much of a fan of their beers - though they did have a good dopplebock on tap.

Reactions: LeConte
Heading to Colorado on Friday for the week. Any beverage suggestions for beers I can't get in Indy? I'll be Denver, Breckenridge and Colorado/Manitou Springs.

Made a quick trip up to Wisconsin's Northwoods last week, and on the way back south stopped in at Karben4 in Madison. I give it a very strong recommendation - good beer, good food, good vibe - and an added bonus its easy on/off the expressway, and close to a Hyvee, which has a most impressive beer department for your stocking up pleasure. Don't miss it if you're in range of Madison.

I would put their Fantasy Factory IPA in the upper echelon of IPAs. It's dang good. Also tried their Idiot Farm DIPA, which is a limited release once a year. Picked up both for the 4th weekend. Cheers!

tumblr_o9r1vpA8PU1u4n7tco1_540.jpg

Made a quick trip up to Wisconsin's Northwoods last week, and on the way back south stopped in at Karben4 in Madison. I give it a very strong recommendation - good beer, good food, good vibe - and an added bonus its easy on/off the expressway, and close to a Hyvee, which has a most impressive beer department for your stocking up pleasure. Don't miss it if you're in range of Madison.

I would put their Fantasy Factory IPA in the upper echelon of IPAs. It's dang good. Also tried their Idiot Farm DIPA, which is a limited release once a year. Picked up both for the 4th weekend. Cheers!

tumblr_o9r1vpA8PU1u4n7tco1_540.jpg
I was in Madison right after Memorial Day. I had picked up my annual allotment of Scream on the way down and had one before dinner. I ate at The Bistro (Courtyard's in-house restaurant) and they offered Spotted Cow, so I had that (drink local and all that rot). The bartender asked if I'd had any stuff from Karben4.

"Nope."

"You've gotta try Fantasy Factory - it's my favorite beer."

"Okay," gave her a bottle of Scream for the suggestion, then went down the road and picked up Fantasy Factory and Dragon Flute, their APA. I preferred Dragon Flute, but both were very good (I think the FF might've been a bit of a shelf turd).

I also bought Mrs. O the New Glarus fruit beers. She wants me to take her to the brewery. I have now officially created a monster.

Never knew this thread was here, sadly, I am a big craft beer drinker living in NW Illinois. Currently drinking a Founders Devil Dancer. Will try to check in from Time to time.

Reactions: PtownHoosier
Probably need to sign up for untapped. Couple other friends on there as well been on BA for 8 years so hard to bring another site into play.

Reactions: PhishPhan682
I was in Madison right after Memorial Day. I had picked up my annual allotment of Scream on the way down and had one before dinner. I ate at The Bistro (Courtyard's in-house restaurant) and they offered Spotted Cow, so I had that (drink local and all that rot). The bartender asked if I'd had any stuff from Karben4.

"Nope."

"You've gotta try Fantasy Factory - it's my favorite beer."

"Okay," gave her a bottle of Scream for the suggestion, then went down the road and picked up Fantasy Factory and Dragon Flute, their APA. I preferred Dragon Flute, but both were very good (I think the FF might've been a bit of a shelf turd).

I also bought Mrs. O the New Glarus fruit beers. She wants me to take her to the brewery. I have now officially created a monster.
Maybe I got old Fantasy Factory when I got it a few months ago. It was decent but I would never buy what I had over tons of stuff on the shelves. Obviously I'll have to give it another shot based on you and Hoops opinions. I'm going to Door County next week so maybe I'll find it up there or can stop around Madison on the way up. Need to find some TG too if possible.

Cool I know @ovaltine is on BA. I think some Hoops Cat and maybe a few others are as well. I'm only on untappd.
I'm tdmccarthy on BA, though I haven't been reviewing or even rating much recently. I do like to keep track but everything kind of runs together after a while so I'm not putting much effort into it. I don't do untapped even though I'm signed up for it.

Maybe I got old Fantasy Factory when I got it a few months ago. It was decent but I would never buy what I had over tons of stuff on the shelves. Obviously I'll have to give it another shot based on you and Hoops opinions. I'm going to Door County next week so maybe I'll find it up there or can stop around Madison on the way up. Need to find some TG too if possible.
Get the Dragon Flute. It was really good.

King Sue didn't hit distro again. TG is trying to kill me. I have tried pretty hard to acquire it, and haven't come close.

That kinda pissesme off.

I'm tdmccarthy on BA, though I haven't been reviewing or even rating much recently. I do like to keep track but everything kind of runs together after a while so I'm not putting much effort into it. I don't do untapped even though I'm signed up for it.
I'm on BA solely to track what I've had. There's also some knowledgeable beer nerds there. Coming up on 2,000.

I need to drink that Nihilism you sent me, and the Cream.

The Death & Taxes, I may save to share with you. I think that's an all-timer.
I have acquired two more BA Tres Blueberry. IIRC Mrs Ovaltine liked them? I can pass them right along probably Wenesday of this week if you want.

I'm on BA solely to track what I've had. There's also some knowledgeable beer nerds there. Coming up on 2,000.
I still check the forums regularly. I've just been more lackadaisical recently on my ratings. For example I haven't been putting much down on drafts at restaurants, but I'm still keeping up with stuff I have at home pretty well. It's still a great site that I enjoy and find useful. I'm don't really get the Untapped appeal as much though. I don't want to check in and publish every time I have a beer.

Reactions: Hoops Cat
I still check the forums regularly. I've just been more lackadaisical recently on my ratings. For example I haven't been putting much down on drafts at restaurants, but I'm still keeping up with stuff I have at home pretty well. It's still a great site that I enjoy and find useful. I'm don't really get the Untapped appeal as much though. I don't want to check in and publish every time I have a beer.
I only rate my beers - no reviews. That doesn't sit well with some BA's, but I don't have time to truly review everything I try.

It's just beer. But the site is great to vet beers - the ratings have stopped me more than a few times from buying something I wouldn't have enjoyed.

I only rate my beers - no reviews. That doesn't sit well with some BA's, but I don't have time to truly review everything I try.

It's just beer. But the site is great to vet beers - the ratings have stopped me more than a few times from buying something I wouldn't have enjoyed.
Absolutely. It's still a good source even if other ratings sites are cooler now or whatever.

When I'm in Wisconsin next week I'm going to try to figure out my plans for my cousin's wedding in December . It's not going to be in Mankato now but not too far I think. I'll let you know. Meeting up at Surly would be phenomenal.

I had it straight from teet, so it was really fresh. The bottles I bought were date 5/26 or thereabouts, so within my window. I hate stale IPAs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT