ADVERTISEMENT

Beer Thread

I'm trying to figure out where things went south between us again? I've tried to leave you alone and have had some decent exchanges with you over the last year or so. Then this mkpeters shitwad shows up and you think he's me and start in on me again?! I don't get it?!
The lady doth protest to much, methinks.

Reactions: C-$
Have you had Bedlam? I "grew up" with Hopalicious, but Bedlam is my favorite from Ale Aslyum.
Bedlam is a little sweeter than I prefer, but I like it. A citra hopped Belgian IPA? Sure. Ale Asylum is pretty solid. Velveteen Habit is probably my favorite from them. It's not a top tier citra IPA, but it's pretty good. 12 pack cans of Hopalicious is a really nice option, too.

Hay Hoops Cat

Do our boys the service of shipping them a 18th Street Foreman Coffee for a 6.4% it is a full bodied coffee flavor porter as I've had.

I had to mule this one back to the Fort for me to try.

18th Street rarely does wrong.

those who enjoy a russian imperial stout w/ coffee and chocolate ...... in a can.

Holy shit this Big Ricc by Tall Grass is good. I got it off of France44 which ships out of MN so I assume Ovaltine can get it but WOW. Coffee bomb!

BIG-RICC_12oz_CAN_transparent_WEB.gif

those who enjoy a russian imperial stout w/ coffee and chocolate ...... in a can.

Holy shit this Big Ricc by Tall Grass is good. I got it off of France44 which ships out of MN so I assume Ovaltine can get it but WOW. Coffee bomb!

Tall Grass is solid..I haven't seen that one yet but it sounds pretty damn good. Ethos is excellent, as is Zombie Monkey Porter. I have a can or two of Bourbon Barrel aged Buffalo Sweat left in the fridge. It's solid but not for $15 four packs of 12oz'ers.

OK breh.

I got an electric smoker for my b day. I have no idea how to use it. I've always just went the old fashioned way. Any tips or should I sent to the scrap pile?

OK breh.

I got an electric smoker for my b day. I have no idea how to use it. I've always just went the old fashioned way. Any tips or should I sent to the scrap pile?
We used one for many years at the restaurant to smoke chicken and duck breast. Very simple. It doesn't quite feel right, like you're cheating, but you'll probably get better results with the electric, unless you are an expert smoker. Give it a shot, you might like the results.

That is what I was afraid of. I'm going to give it a shot here in the next week or two.

France44 is great - I buy from them occasionally, because they ship and they get stuff that doesn't make its way to Mankato.

My beverage tonight .....

p7OLOEMVj

Very nice - I like the coconut flavors. A nice twist on the standard IPA hop-bomb.

France44 is great - I buy from them occasionally, because they ship and they get stuff that doesn't make its way to Mankato.

My beverage tonight .....

p7OLOEMVj

Very nice - I like the coconut flavors. A nice twist on the standard IPA hop-bomb.

Found some Wet at Binny's this week - $18 a four-pack is steep! But, I get it that adding wet hops is really expensive, so it is what it is. Haven't cracked one yet - what do you think?

Binny's is a beverage wonderland.

That is all.

I think it was just OK. Like I told O in an email I'm more into the mosaic hops.

For that price I think it was not worth it. At Benny's just grab more Ninja vs Unicorn or The Lizard King and less Surly Wet.

You are welcome.

For Indy folk, I'll quite strongly recommend almost anything from Black Acre in Irvington.

Up until the last couple months, you could only go to their tap room, but recently they have been showing up on tap at a few spots around town, notably my local, the Aristocrat.

I understand that they are expanding and will be starting to can and sell in select stores soon. Their Natural Liberty is a great citra hopped American Pale Lager...and will be one of the canned options. If you like a Zombie Dust, you will enjoy this. Not quite as hoppy but close.

I've had a few of their other offerings and all have been great. Tons of micros in Indy, but I think they stand a bit above most.

Found some Wet at Binny's this week - $18 a four-pack is steep! But, I get it that adding wet hops is really expensive, so it is what it is. Haven't cracked one yet - what do you think?

That is all.
O just sent me a pack of Wet. I really like it. I've been much more into Citra, mosaic and Australian type hops recently but Wet is great for a change. It's dank and pungent from the fresh hops. I love the style and will be looking for Founders Harvest soon, which is my faywet hopped Ale. Hop Trip by Deschutes is a great Wet hopped APA too.

This is such a great season for beer.

Reactions: cryano and ovaltine

That is all.
It's a single-hop IPA using Simcoe hops, which can be a challenging varietal. I really liked it, but I agree with Phish - at the price point, I think it doesn't deliver like Wet did in 2013, when the hops used were Cascade and Centennial. But it's still a very good beer.

BTW, Phish, I swung by the beverage store and picked up Big Ricc on your recommendation. Can't wait to try that beverage - it looks tremendous.

O just sent me a pack of Wet. I really like it. I've been much more into Citra, mosaic and Australian type hops recently but Wet is great for a change. It's dank and pungent from the fresh hops. I love the style and will be looking for Founders Harvest soon, which is my faywet hopped Ale. Hop Trip by Deschutes is a great Wet hopped APA too.

This is such a great season for beer.
Glad you liked it, Ptown. Dank and pungent are very accurate descriptors.

I've still got the Spiteful Working For The Weekend to try - either Sunday or Monday. That package you sent was phenom - Ninja vs. Unicorn was great, and so was Blood Of The Unicorn. Wicked Fist was also outstanding. Just a plethora of fantastic beverages.

Darkness Day is next Saturday ..........................................................................................

It is a coffee bomb! I'd let her warm up a little when you pull it from the fridge before you crack it.

Cheers!

We used one for many years at the restaurant to smoke chicken and duck breast. Very simple. It doesn't quite feel right, like you're cheating, but you'll probably get better results with the electric, unless you are an expert smoker. Give it a shot, you might like the results.

I've had an electric smoker for several years and honestly I can't tell a difference between the results. IMO electric smokers are easier to maintain in that you aren't worrying about refilling gas or charcoal and then also easier to maintain temp. I've done pretty much all types of cuts on it except a brisket, all to varying results. I have a feeling you'll be pleasantly surprised and if people mock the electric aspect then just don't invite em over!

I'm having a Prairie Bomb! I'm always amazed at how much the chilies vary even in the same batch.

This one is coffee forward with a note of charred dried chilies. So damn good.

How is the Baller holding up? I still have a few down in my cellar.

It was really good. First one I had had. Prolly was my 3-4 fav last night.

Tonight I started with a Damescene, Breakfast Stout and now came across a couple Ten Fidy's canned 11/13. They are actually aged perfectly.

I picked up a couple of bottles of Avery Rumpkin last night. 18% ABV (at least, that's what the bottle states).

Darkness Day is 4 days away ...........................

*wink wink* Darkness Day.

Are you going?

Yes, I am rolling tonight. With tax, the Wet was about $20. If you only want a can or two that's fine, too.

Its not that good.
I'll take all 4. I have to send a couple off to North Carolina. Thanks! Like how you ignored my Baller comment about needing one of those. Haha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT