ADVERTISEMENT

Beautiful pass by Tuttle!

Yea, his accuracy today was terrible. Personally thought the whole offense looked slow and uninterested the first half. Went to get some lunch so I missed the second half but got home just in time to see the defense give up the hail mary and 2 point conversion. Still haven't learned to put the foot on the throat.

Last edited:
Good thing he's talented. Throws a nice ball.

Penix couldn't hit a tackling dummy today. What's up with that?

I think he was playing on two bad ankles... Just my guess... I've had 14 of them, I'm somewhat of an expert of the subject...😉😖😷

Good thing he's talented. Throws a nice ball.

Penix couldn't hit a tackling dummy today. What's up with that?

Hoping that Penix can play next week. Glad Tuttle got a few snaps and, potentially, a week to get a ton of reps in the event Penix cannot play.

Reactions: ORG
Isn’t Tuttle the highest rated QB we’ve ever had by the recruiting services? Not like he’s a slouch.

Reactions: ORG
The coaching staff is going to have to make teams respect the pass if Tuttle is QB. IU was able to get away with a run heavy offense because Maryland is terrible against the run and the defense was playing lights out. It won’t necessarily be that way against the next three opponents.

Last edited:
Yes, but a turtle doesn't move well at all! He would not be able to avoid a rush.

Not sure you or anyone can say that definitively yet. And while he likely does not have Penix throw variety (ie sidearm if needed) or maybe not as fast or elusive, something tells me his pure passing mechanics and arm strength are on par. He looks like he’s got a gun for an arm too, and he seems ready to try and make a name for himself. I want Penix healthy, but few pretty ok that Tuttle will not flounder if he has to go.

I thought Tuttle looked pretty good today. His high ranking indicates he has lots of raw talent. To be the best QB in California as a high school senior ='s STUD.

The coaching staff is going to have to make teams respect the pass if Tuttle is QB. IU was able to get away with a run heavy offense because Maryland is terrible against the run and the defense was playing lights out. It won’t necessarily be that way against the next three opponents.
My thinking was that since the game was in hand, don't give future opponents anything on Tuttle to prepare for.

Reactions: grammy2
Rumors on campus are that Penix tore his other acl. That was my initial thought when it happened. You could hear a scream, then he instantly grabbed his knee and after that slammed his helmet in frustration. Likely because he had felt it before and knew exactly what happened. Just feel incredibly bad for the kid if true.

It did have a "landed funky on the track" kind of feel to him, but I'm going to wait until we have a confirmed announcement as he seemed to be able to put some weight on it and I could see it be a sprained ankle too. Hoping for the best.

Rumors on campus are that Penix tore his other acl. That was my initial thought when it happened. You could hear a scream, then he instantly grabbed his knee and after that slammed his helmet in frustration. Likely because he had felt it before and knew exactly what happened. Just feel incredibly bad for the kid if true.
That was my first thought as well and I backed off of it later. Hope it something far less serious.

Terrible shame the kid cannot stay on the field. Achilles recovery time? A year? And then less mobile than before?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT