ADVERTISEMENT

Baze may want to explore the portal again

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
So very clear Dexter was the much better option for IU. Plus, he now has OL PTSD and overthrows balls trying to get rid of it before he takes a hit. And he doesn’t look happy at IU anymore & not sure players love him either.

Nothing personal, wish him the best, but think he needs a new home and IU needs only mobile QBs, we can’t afford to take stand still guys.

So very clear Dexter was the much better option for IU. Plus, he now has OL PTSD and overthrows balls trying to get rid of it before he takes a hit. And he doesn’t look happy at IU anymore & not sure players love him either.

Nothing personal, wish him the best, but think he needs a new home and IU needs only mobile QBs, we can’t afford to take stand still guys.
One can Only Hope...!!!

I'm sure he's a great kid but based on what I've seen from him, he is, hands down, by far, The worst QB to play a significant amount of starting snaps at INDIANA over the past 50+ years (and that's Not an exaggeration)...

Half the time he looks like he doesn't even want to be out there, the other half of the time he looks completely lost... ...

From what I've seen of Mid American competition this past fall he'd struggle mightily to make even a 3rd stringer for most of them....

Need to go after a 5 star dual qb for once! Arch Manning woulda been great! Too bad no top tier qb recruit will want to go to an annual dumpster fire!

This is perhaps my biggest concern / question. It was crystal clear to us non-coaches who was the better qb yet it took almost the entire season to make the change. How can we have any confidence in program leadership? It’s disheartening, puzzling, and frankly unacceptable.

If He comes back and the choice is Him or a younger guy (assuming Williams is out), I take the younger guy because at least thereis potential for improvement. Baze has no upside.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

After watching him, it appears he drops his elbow as he throws, causing him to throw high. I think this is the kind of flaw which coaching should have corrected this year.

Kinda think the trigger wasn't pulled earlier on CB because of the 2 comeback W's. Especially 1 being a B1G W. Hindsight highlights it to be wrong.

I don't see the point on piling on the kid. He played poorly yesterday, even the announcers were pointing out missed passes and bad decisions (not running for 4 yards). But there's no way a drop back passer would have succeeded with the o line and the game plan the coaching staff put in place for most of the season. It's clear there were better options on the bench to play and the coaching staff didn't figure out that out until too late.

Reactions: IU73
No one will be surprised if he moves on again. Coach Allen just said we need a mobile quarterback going forward, so I’m sure CB will respond accordingly. I doubt he’s the only guy to move elsewhere.

This is perhaps my biggest concern / question. It was crystal clear to us non-coaches who was the better qb yet it took almost the entire season to make the change. How can we have any confidence in program leadership? It’s disheartening, puzzling, and frankly unacceptable.
'..crystal clear to us non-coaches.."

Pure entainment!!

CB played with no passion or sense of urgency at all yesterday! I miss the passion Ramsey had and played hard with the tools he was given. We need someone who is going to fire up this team and have a chip on their shoulder! I don't think CTA has that anymore! Get kids who have a nasty streak in them who want to be at IU. What the hell happened to our defensive backfield this year?

Reactions: wibler and 76-1

I agree, I think he's gone Dec 5th. It's been reported that he was just sitting by himself during the Spittoon game and not showing any excitement. When he first entered the game yesterday he looked like he didn't want to be there. On 3 or 4 plays he just kinda chucked it away half-assedly almost as if he was saying eff it, I'm not getting hurt for this. To be fair he did seem more engaged in the second half but it seems like he hasn't handled getting benched very well. And some of the throws he missed, he had decent protection yesterday...there was one in the last drive (I think) it was just a dump off to Henderson (I think) - dude I coulda made that throw. Like really. I know I'm hard on QBs, I have a high bar. But it's never personal. I really don't see how he comes back to IU next year.

After watching him, it appears he drops his elbow as he throws, causing him to throw high. I think this is the kind of flaw which coaching should have corrected this year.
This flaw should have be corrected year ago, like in HS.

I agree, I think he's gone Dec 5th. It's been reported that he was just sitting by himself during the Spittoon game and not showing any excitement. When he first entered the game yesterday he looked like he didn't want to be there. On 3 or 4 plays he just kinda chucked it away half-assedly almost as if he was saying eff it, I'm not getting hurt for this. To be fair he did seem more engaged in the second half but it seems like he hasn't handled getting benched very well. And some of the throws he missed, he had decent protection yesterday...there was one in the last drive (I think) it was just a dump off to Henderson (I think) - dude I coulda made that throw. Like really. I know I'm hard on QBs, I have a high bar. But it's never personal. I really don't see how he comes back to IU next year.
In Baze case, think best for both sides if he moves on and would only wish him well. But think IU - until have a more consistent OL play requires some mobility at QB. Period, full stop. Don’t try anyone else. If the current QB from Texas who played a few snaps vs PSU isn’t mobile, he should enter portal too. Time to freaking commit to athleticism and mobility at QB!

Reactions: Sassy61
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT