ADVERTISEMENT

Banks and Sparks gone.

So as of today we have 5 openings
Plus 1 we didn’t use
Sparks
Banks
X
Walker

With Ware most likely gone, and who knows about MR and MM absolutely terrible roster management.

The news seems slow to me. I know it’s early, but this seems to be a slow boring start to the roster makeover offseason.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Three down, 4 decisions pending (Ware, MM, MR, Cupps).
And Jakai Newton as well. And I'd say while Trey and Anthony have said they're coming back...if everyone leaves, and those two are blindsided by that at all, somehow...I wouldn't be surprise to see either of them change their minds as well.

And Jakai Newton as well. And I'd say while Trey and Anthony have said they're coming back...if everyone leaves, and those two are blindsided by that at all, somehow...I wouldn't be surprise to see either of them change their minds as well.
Newton hurts I thought he would be a player.

Reactions: DCDAVID
Newton hurts I thought he would be a player.
I haven't seen that he has entered the portal? Has he? I was saying he should be on the list of guys we haven't heard anything from yet. Isn't it strange that we would need to hear from kids to know if they're coming back or not? The days of being able to assume anyone is coming back are gone, I guess. Sucks.

I haven't seen that he has entered the portal? Has he? I was saying he should be on the list of guys we haven't heard anything from yet. Isn't it strange that we would need to hear from kids to know if they're coming back or not? The days of being able to assume anyone is coming back are gone, I guess. Sucks.
I read your reply wrong, my bad I hope the hell he doesn't leave. Only saw him once and it was against Collier last year and he looked pretty damn good on 1 leg, reminded me of a sec type of guard.

He has not played in two years nobody is going to pay him what IU is paying him right now considering nobody knows if or when he will ever play again.

I’m not sure if those days are totally gone. A half-decent coach probably has a much better chance of keeping the guys he wants.

He has not played in two years nobody is going to pay him what IU is paying him right now considering nobody knows if or when he will ever play again.
wrong, he could find someone who would pay him, was talking to a parent of a kid who's getting over 100K to redshirt at a lower level acc school this year.

• Wow
Reactions: Bucket Getter
Trey is going to be the Travolta Pulp Fiction meme by the time this is all over.
There are rules here people!

giphy.gif

Dolson would have every right to pull the plug if everyone bails, right?

Dolson would have every right to pull the plug if everyone bails, right?
A few hundred, or a few thousand phone calls to the athletic department every single day might get their attention. It wouldn’t take long to get organized and get people calling.

Usually, when a big % of a roster enters the portal, it’s due to a coaching change. The fact that ours comes about when the coach is staying says all you need to know.
It’s terrible optics.
And it’s not like any of the transfers have recruiting analysts saying “some team is going to be lucky to get this guy”. At least not so far.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Usually, when a big % of a roster enters the portal, it’s due to a coaching change. The fact that ours comes about when the coach is staying says all you need to know.
It’s terrible optics.
I would say the only mild surprise we've seen yet is Sparks. It's been obvious for months that Banks and Gunn were likely going to leave.

I'm not sure the optics have changed yet, versus what most assumed would happen. I guess that doesn't mean it looks good though.

Here’s a kurt-like question: can walk-ons portal? I honestly can’t imagine a single one of those guys were too thrilled to sit and watch woody’s little shat show of a season.

Reactions: IUbball_lifer
I called this for a while now. I expect Reneau and Mgbako to weigh there options too. Ware is going to go to draft so we have. Cupps, Galloway, Newton, Leal, all bench players on a good team. So we need atleast three elite players a point guard, shooters, shooters, and one big. You have to expect Newton to be a bonus because of his health issues since high school so hopefully they take that into consideration.

So as of today we have 5 openings
Plus 1 we didn’t use
Sparks
Banks
X
Walker

With Ware most likely gone, and who knows about MR and MM absolutely terrible roster management.
Walker and Sparks have already transferred once as non graduate students. Is this transfer a graduate transfer for them? I was under the impression a student could only transfer once and a second time as a graduate student. Anyone know the rules?

Walker and Sparks have already transferred once as non graduate students. Is this transfer a graduate transfer for them? I was under the impression a student could only transfer once and a second time as a graduate student. Anyone know the rules?
There are no rules anymore. But I believe it is a free for all.

Reactions: aajohn2000
That rule has been rescinded.

Reactions: aajohn2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT