ADVERTISEMENT

Bailey vs Langford

Bailey was a 4-position guy at only 6'3". He was just a very effective player in almost all aspects but he didn't have the natural gifts of size and quickness to make him an elite pro prospect. But as a senior at IU, Bailey was very dominant. He could have scored more over his career if asked to do so.

Romeo is a natural NBA sized 2. He has an Alford, Edwards, Gordon-like scoring prowess. He could be IU's leading scorer next year if he signs.

Reactions: IUgradman
Bailey was a 4-position guy at only 6'3". He was just a very effective player in almost all aspects but he didn't have the natural gifts of size and quickness to make him an elite pro prospect. But as a senior at IU, Bailey was very dominant. He could have scored more over his career if asked to do so.

Romeo is a natural NBA sized 2. He has an Alford, Edwards, Gordon-like scoring prowess. He could be IU's leading scorer next year if he signs.
Bailey didn't score as much because of two words, "Calbert Cheaney". Getting the ball to Calbert was the best offense. People were so hyped when Bailey came in because of the Feinstein book. Some thought he would be all world but the truth is he was a very good college player.

Bailey didn't score as much because of two words, "Calbert Cheaney". Getting the ball to Calbert was the best offense. People were so hyped when Bailey came in because of the Feinstein book. Some thought he would be all world but the truth is he was a very good college player.

I think that his knees had a lot to do with why he was only a very good college player.

Cheaney, Graham, Graham, Anderson. Plenty of scoring on those 91-93 teams.

Reactions: Upset Alert
Cheaney, Graham, Graham, Anderson. Plenty of scoring on those 91-93 teams.

If you remember both OSU games in '91, Bailey was a bona fide star as a frosh.

Tom Brady didn't start til he was a senior.

If you remember both OSU games in '91, Bailey was a bona fide star as a frosh.

Tom Brady didn't start til he was a senior.
IU was a dropped ARE Hail Mary pass away from beating Brady.

Grrrrrrrr...

Wait..Romeo “could” be Indiana’s leading scorer next year if he signs? Could? He would without a doubt lead the big 10 in scoring next year if he signs with IU.

Alford was great off a screen, but he was not in the same league as Gordon and Edwards if he was tightly guarded by a good defender. Hence, his inability to make it in the nba.

no need to compare them.

Bailey was great player, and did great things without elite athleticism.

Langford is Kobeesk.

no need to compare them.

Bailey was great player, and did great things without elite athleticism.

Langford is Kobeesk.
It took me a minute, but I think you just said that Romeo is Kobe-esque, as in Kobe effing Bryant.
That is very, very high praise. You should probably pull back the reigns just a little. Let's at least wait until he proves he can defend at the college level without getting in foul trouble.

It took me a minute, but I think you just said that Romeo is Kobe-esque, as in Kobe effing Bryant.
That is very, very high praise. You should probably pull back the reigns just a little. Let's at least wait until he proves he can defend at the college level without getting in foul trouble.

yup, as in Kobe effing Bryant.

that's who i see watching RL.

don't know if he has KB's vertical, but he has the rest from the little i've seen.

as i said in another thread, maybe the best Indiana 2 guard since Oscar.

no doubt others will have a long list showing how wrong i am.

not getting my hopes up, no idea how he feels about Btown and IU, and not fair that kids have others pressuring them on such choices..

hope he remembers to just enjoy college wherever he goes. it's the best time of many people's lives.

Last edited:
yup, as in Kobe effing Bryant.

that's who i see watching RL.

don't know if he has KB's vertical, but he has the rest from the little i've seen.

as i said in another thread, maybe the best Indiana 2 guard since Oscar.

no doubt others while have a long list showing how wrong i am.

not getting my hopes up, no idea how he feels about Btown and IU, and not fair that kids have others pressuring them on such choices..

hope he remembers to just enjoy college wherever he goes. it's the best time of many people's lives.

I view today's news on when and how he might announce his decision as positive news for IU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT