ADVERTISEMENT

B1G standings as of 5/15/22...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
The last game of the day is finally over with Illinois beating Nebraska with a run in the B9th after an error in the Husker outfield to win 5-4 after about a 2+ hour weather delay. OSU's conference season is over with, and they will play out of conference with all teams playing a Thurs-Sat schedule next week because of the start of the conference tournament the following week. Every team scrambling for those final spots in the B1G tournament are playing an upper division team except for Nebraska and Northwestern who have favorable season ending series. Here are the matchups starting Thurs:

IU @ Iowa
Illini @ PSU
MD @ Purdue
Rutgers @ Michigan
MSU @ Nebraska
NW @ Minn

IU could have been in a tie with PSU for 5th place if they had swept the Gophers, but it wasn't to be and now they are tied with Michigan for 6th with IU owning the tie breaker with UM, while PSU is a game up on us. Purdue is right behind IU and Michigan by just an ever so small percentage point difference and the B1G goes by percentages when deciding the pecking order. Nebraska and Northwestern, who have the favorable season ending series are both two games behind IU/Mich/Purdue. Here's the link to the current standings going into the final series of the season.

Last edited:
The last game of the day is finally over with Illinois beating Nebraska with a run in the B9th after an error in the Husker outfield to win 5-4 after about a 2+ hour weather delay. OSU's conference season is over with, and they will play out of conference with all teams playing a Thurs-Sat schedule next week because of the start of the conference tournament the following week. Every team scrambling for those final spots in the B1G tournament are playing an upper division team except for Nebraska and Northwestern who have favorable season ending series. Here are the matchups starting Thurs:

IU @ Iowa
Illini @ PSU
MD @ Purdue
Rutgers @ Michigan
MSU @ Nebraska
NW @ Minn

IU could have been in a tie with PSU for 5th place if they had swept the Gophers, but it wasn't to be and now they are tied with Michigan for 6th with IU owning the tie breaker with UM, while PSU is a game up on us. Purdue is right behind IU and Michigan by just an ever so small percentage point difference and the B1G goes by percentages when deciding the pecking order. Nebraska and Northwestern, who have the favorable season ending series are both two games behind IU/Mich/Purdue. Here's the link to the current standings going into the final series of the season.

As long as we don't get swept, I'm feeling pretty confident we get in.

As long as we don't get swept, I'm feeling pretty confident we get in.
Being two games back of the final tournament spot in the standings, about the only chance that Nebraska and NW has to make the tournament is for IU, Purdue or Michigan to get swept while they take care of business. It's certainly possible that a scenario like that could happen so let's just hope that IU is not part of that situation.

Here's an interesting article from the Omaha paper's on-line site that addresses Nebraska's chances/scenarios of making the tournament.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Here's an interesting article from the Omaha paper's on-line site that addresses Nebraska's chances/scenarios of making the tournament.

to me, making the B1G tournament is my #1 hope. But Nebraska getting left out of it, when it's in Omaha....that runs a close #2 on my wish list!

We are currently tied with Michigan and Pu in 6th place and all 3 teams play higher placed teams. If we win 2 of 3, and they both lose 2 or 3, we are alone in 6 (Thanks captain obvious). But as long as we win 2 and they don’t both win 3, IMO, we’re in!

We are currently tied with Michigan and Pu in 6th place and all 3 teams play higher placed teams. If we win 2 of 3, and they both lose 2 or 3, we are alone in 6 (Thanks captain obvious). But as long as we win 2 and they don’t both win 3, IMO, we’re in!
what you have to worry about is Nebraska beating up on MSU and us getting beat up on by Iowa and Purdue and Michigan doing well.

I don't see it happening that way....but this season has been anything but what I expected.

what you have to worry about is Nebraska beating up on MSU and us getting beat up on by Iowa and Purdue and Michigan doing well.

I don't see it happening that way....but this season has been anything but what I expected.
Of the final series of the season, even though they are playing at home, Purdue has the most difficult assignment playing against a very strong and surging Terps team and I think they will be fortunate if they win one of those games. However, you never know, so that's why they play the games. Needless to say, we need to concentrate on what IU does and not worry about the other games, although I know we will be scoreboard watching this week, and that's for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT