ADVERTISEMENT

B1G football preview

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019

I came across this yesterday on the YouTube. Take it for what it is (which I don't think is much). He's really down on IU, but he also thinks our "cornerback Monster Matthews" is one of our best players.

100 days to kickoff!

I came across this yesterday on the YouTube. Take it for what it is (which I don't think is much). He's really down on IU, but he also thinks our "cornerback Monster Matthews" is one of our best players.

100 days to kickoff!
Lol how can you justify Nebraska winning the west? If iu gets good QB play, they will be better than 3 wins as well.

Most people that aren't Indiana fans can't even name the IU OC+DC, these predictions on Indiana mean nothing IMO, their just a bunch of words to make it seem like he knows what he's talking about. With that being said, he is correct to grade the O-line at an F and he's correct that there are serious questions around the front 7 next year. Losing Micah will be a big deal, we had the worst pass rush in the B1G last year, even with one of the best blitzing linebackers in the country, ntm we lose Handy, Anderson and Kramer off the D-line. I'm rooting for the best but it's hard to find any reason to be optimistic about the D-line. I'm having a hard time seeing more than 4 wins on our schedule next year so it's not like I am particularly high on the Hoosiers, but non-Indiana fans know nothing about this program.

Lol how can you justify Nebraska winning the west? If iu gets good QB play, they will be better than 3 wins as well.
My thoughts exactly. Like, he gives Nebraska a lot of credit for being so close to winning games last year but disregards that IU should have won against a CFP team and MSU before the wheels completely fell off on defense with injuries. When IU was at full strength, and even as bad as the offense was last season, they weren't getting whipped until they ran out of defensive bodies.

Like @jlasson said, however, with as poor as the OL was and the question marks on the DL, it does justify not picking IU to be at the top of the East or anything. I just think this guy was kind of out there with his rundown.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
My thoughts exactly. Like, he gives Nebraska a lot of credit for being so close to winning games last year but disregards that IU should have won against a CFP team and MSU before the wheels completely fell off on defense with injuries. When IU was at full strength, and even as bad as the offense was last season, they weren't getting whipped until they ran out of defensive bodies.

Like @jlasson said, however, with as poor as the OL was and the question marks on the DL, it does justify not picking IU to be at the top of the East or anything. I just think this guy was kind of out there with his rundown.
He also gave Nebraska's coaching staff and better grade than the majority of the west. I'm taking Purdues staff over Nebraska tbh.

I would trade rosters and divisions with Nebraska in a flash. I think Nebraska will win at least seven games this year. Vegas has Indiana's o/u for wins at 4.5 and Nebraska's at 7.5.

I doubt any prognosticator will look at IU winning more than 4 games but if you look deeper at the roster and coaching staff I think they can win 6 or more games. Without any changes from last season I would expect maybe 3 wins but coach Allen didn't sit pat and made changes to help this team.

Plus 110 @ 4.5 wins doesn’t look particularly compelling does it.
IU -4.5 v Illini is posted too.

Regular Season Wins
Indiana Regular Season Wins
12:00 PM98321Under 4½ Wins-140
98320Over 4½ Wins+110

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13

100 days to kickoff!
Regardless of his take on IU, this is just an awful listen. This guy is all over the map. He seems to love Harbaugh and also Nebraska.
He had to remind the viewers that this is “just a prediction video and none of this is guaranteed.”

Lol. Really? I thought I may have been listening to a top flight analyst.
This sounds like something Cavanaugh would put out prior to the season before reality hit.
Good Lord.

Reactions: BoilerN
i bet nebraska football cleans up on the NIL. it's religion in that state.
Ya. It's their pro team. It's crazy. Stadium is unreal. Beautiful. If you haven't been, I highly highly recommend going. Fans are the nicest. We had a few people in our group and every bar we went to was packed, but some Nebraska fans with empty seats would invite us to their table, buy us a round, and talk to us about Purdue and the game. We went to probably 4 bars, sat with Nebraska fans at every bar, and didn't buy a single drink.

Ya. It's their pro team. It's crazy. Stadium is unreal. Beautiful. If you haven't been, I highly highly recommend going. Fans are the nicest. We had a few people in our group and every bar we went to was packed, but some Nebraska fans with empty seats would invite us to their table, buy us a round, and talk to us about Purdue and the game. We went to probably 4 bars, sat with Nebraska fans at every bar, and didn't buy a single drink.
I know a lady whose dad won the Outland Trophy at NU way back in the day. They are as dyed in the wool Nebraska people as you can be, and they couldn't be nicer football folks.

I know a lady whose dad won the Outland Trophy at NU way back in the day. They are as dyed in the wool Nebraska people as you can be, and they couldn't be nicer football folks.
The only bad ones I've met are on the internet.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I was there 3 years ago and it was the best football experience outside IU I've been to.

A small band was roaming around before the game. They spotted us and started playing the IU fight song!

In the stands, we were ahead and just kind of celebrating among ourselves and the guy behind us said "It's OK - you can make more noise". lol Super nice folks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT