ADVERTISEMENT

AZ Meetup Thread

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
Put this in the premie, but I'm not a snob. I'll drink and throw dice with anyone!

If anyone wants to come
I get into town late afternoon Friday (6ish). Who else is going to be there?

So far I got:
@Kellerdog
@Cavanagh
@IUAlum
@baileyiu
@IAHOOSIER
@IU1974
@MarkP82
@sellsoap
@DANC

Let's freakin' go!!

Plenty of opportunities to get together to make fun of my fat ass, Cav's height (lack of), and KD's age.

I'll add people to this post as they respond.

Saturday around 12:30 or 1:00 @ the MGM sports bar The Tap, right across from the sports book. I'm sure someone will be there earlier, so don't be shy.

Last edited:
Hopefully by AZ game time, now just a week away, the Arena’s event ticket people and the IU ticket office will have gotten their act together. What a total Shit Show combo.

Hopefully by AZ game time, now just a week away, the Arena’s event ticket people and the IU ticket office will have gotten their act together. What a total Shit Show combo.
You got that right I’m pissed. My best account got worse seats than others with thousands less points. IU got shitty seats, nothing really good. And took a week before the game to know.

• Sad
Reactions: dbmhoosier
No one I know who’s used IU ticket points has had anything good to say about the experience for this game. IU ticket office says the venue’s (mostly lack of) information is to blame. Seems to be quite the amateur hour kind of operation between promoter and venue ticket operations. Couple with IU Women’s experience last weekend in Vegas, maybe IU needs to look elsewhere for future neutral game sites. Hope everyone who is going, at least by tip off next week, has their tickets and knows where they are sitting… To heck with those pesky 2000 mile travel plans of everyone’s!!!

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
You got that right I’m pissed. My best account got worse seats than others with thousands less points. IU got shitty seats, nothing really good. And took a week before the game to know.
I’ll know where the MGM seats are on Thursday. If they are better than the tix you got, I’ll just switch them out.

Reactions: Cavanagh
I’ll know where the MGM seats are on Thursday. If they are better than the tix you got, I’ll just switch them out.
I appreciate that, but if they are better, I am going to blow up our ticket department. I ordered tickets on an account with over 6k priority points and he has been giving 25-50k annually for the last 40 years.....

I appreciate that, but if they are better, I am going to blow up our ticket department. I ordered tickets on an account with over 6k priority points and he has been giving 25-50k annually for the last 40 years.....
No doubt.

Put this in the premie, but I'm not a snob. I'll drink and throw dice with anyone!

If anyone wants to come

So far I got:
@Kellerdog
@Cavanagh

Let's freakin' go!!

Plenty of opportunities to get together to make fun of my fat ass, Cav's height (lack of), and KD's age.

Now I’m sad 😞 I was on the fence and decided against going because I have too many damn kids. Drink a sh#t ton and give Cav a hug and kiss for me.

I have 3 tix in first row of sec 217 for sale if anyone is still looking. My understanding is that is IUs corner. Listed for more on stub hub but would sell to anyone in this group for $100 each. Hard to tell exactly but I think they are on the baseline.

I have 3 tix in first row of sec 217 for sale if anyone is still looking. My understanding is that is IUs corner. Listed for more on stub hub but would sell to anyone in this group for $100 each. Hard to tell exactly but I think they are on the baseline.
That seems like a very fair price.

The bad seats that IU got for this game will only feel like rubbing salt in a wound after the game is over.

6s2597.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I have a couple sets of extra tickets at face value if anyone is looking for seats:
6 in Section 16, Row N, Seats 9 - 14 $250 each. Willing to split into pairs.

4 in Section 18, Row J, Seats 1 - 4 $150 each. Willing to split into pairs.

Will transfer to email address upon payment via Venmo or PayPal.

Respond to eddy4iu@gmail.com
IU charged you 250 for section 16???

Grasshoppa

Never buy tickets through the university for neutral site events.

You should call the ticket office and give them hell. I know a lot of donors that have. Can’t hurt.
Sure won't be buying through IU for future off-site events. Learned my lesson. I'll just fork out what it takes to get great seats that I can count on and take all the angst out of the equation.

Reactions: Cavanagh
I'll be there. I have an extra ticket up in the top row of 214 that I'm trying to sell on the AXS site for $100, it's the section just off of the center court section and it's supposed to be an IU section.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
From AXS:
Team Sections:
Arizona Sections 3-11, 201-211
Indiana Sections 15-24, 213-219
UNLV Sections 2-10, 202-210
Washington State Sections 14-20, 214-218

Added a few more and added a location and time to the OP. MGM sports bar 12:30ish

Reactions: kkott
Sounds good. I'll be the dyke in the red long sleeved Indiana Hoosiers Tshirt.
I'll look forward to tracking you down. I'll be the fat grey bearded guy with a beer in my hand. That might not narrow it down enough though.

It's starting to come together.

If anyone wants to come

So far I got:
@Kellerdog
@Cavanagh
@IUAlum
@baileyiu
@IAHOOSIER

Let's freakin' go!!

Saturday around 12:30 or 1:00 @ the MGM sports bar. I'm sure someone will be there earlier, so don't be shy.
I’m going. I don’t know anyone on this board but I’ll stop by the MGM sports, probably before 1200-1230.

I’m going. I don’t know anyone on this board but I’ll stop by the MGM sports, probably before 1200-1230.
I'll look forward to meeting you early! You can say you know someone from the board then. You don't have to tell them it's me if you don't want to though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT