ADVERTISEMENT

AZ Meetup Thread

When exactly is the IU game on Saturday?

I've seen 430pm, 530pm, and 1030pm all presumably local time (PST).
Thx

Put this in the premie, but I'm not a snob. I'll drink and throw dice with anyone!

If anyone wants to come
I get into town late afternoon Friday (6ish). Who else is going to be there?

So far I got:
@Kellerdog
@Cavanagh
@IUAlum
@baileyiu
@IAHOOSIER
@IU1974
@MarkP82
@sellsoap
@DANC

Let's freakin' go!!

Plenty of opportunities to get together to make fun of my fat ass, Cav's height (lack of), and KD's age.

I'll add people to this post as they respond.

Saturday around 12:30 or 1:00 @ the MGM sports bar The Tap, right across from the sports book. I'm sure someone will be there earlier, so don't be shy.
What’s the name of the MGM sports bar where people are meeting up? Tap?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Thx. I went to the MGM today to look for the sports bar & arena.
When I booked my flight, I wasn't going to be anywhere else this week. Had I known that I was going to be in Charlotte yesterday and today, I'd have flown into Vegas tonight tonight from CLT instead of from Indy tomorrow (technically today as I note the time).

BTW, enjoyed watching the game last night in Charlotte with @kkott and @DANC .

Hoosiers are good people

When I booked my flight, I wasn't going to be anywhere else this week. Had I known that I was going to be in Charlotte yesterday and today, I'd have flown into Vegas tonight tonight from CLT instead of from Indy tomorrow (technically today as I note the time).

BTW, enjoyed watching the game last night in Charlotte with @kkott and @DANC .

Hoosiers are good people
Got in to Vegas a couple hours ago! Have a safe flight!

Great meeting up with you and kkott - it's a pleasure watching the game with very knowledgeable basketball fans.

Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
Got in to Vegas a couple hours ago! Have a safe flight!

Great meeting up with you and kkott - it's a pleasure watching them game with very knowledgeable basketball fans.

Go Hoosiers!
Agreed Dan, brings a little piece of home back when you get to watch the game with fellow Hoosiers! I get together with a buddy pretty regularly to watch games somewhere, so I'll let you know in the future and maybe we can hit some B10 games too! Still holding out hope our guys will give us something to be excited about in the B10 finally!

Last edited:
Hell, you guys kept Bowinkles a float for 20 years with your regular attendance!!
Don’t knock Bullwinkles man. I know a lot of girls that loved to dance and they loved the drag shows. I mean these girls(they were girls…I checked😉)were hot as fug. They got tired of all the dufus college guys at the other bars hitting on them constantly. I’m not joking. You might have or might not have caught me there in the late 90-2000s. 😉

Last edited:
Don’t knock Bullwinkles man. I know a lot of girls that loved to dance and they loved the drag shows. I mean these girls(they were girls…I checked😉)were hot as fug. They got tired of all the dufus college guys at the other bars hitting on them constantly. I’m not joking.
Well, I got kinda tired of all the straight couples showing up to try to pick up a third back in my Bullwinkle days, that's for sure. Take that shit to Jakes.

But seriously, I watched IU win the championship in 87 at Bullwinkles and hoofed it to the fountain from there. It was a bad year to take off a year from the Marching Hundred. Would have much rathered been in pep band for that season than Season on the Brink.

Well, I got kinda tired of all the straight couples showing up to try to pick up a third back in my Bullwinkle days, that's for sure. Take that shit to Jakes.

But seriously, I watched IU win the championship in 87 at Bullwinkles and hoofed it to the fountain from there. It was a bad year to take off a year from the Marching Hundred. Would have much rathered been in pep band for that season than Season on the Brink.
I don’t know why(yes I do) people talked bad about that place. Lots good friends frequented that bar. Lots of fun. Very inclusive place and didn’t have to be.

I don’t know why(yes I do) people talked bad about that place. Lots good friends frequented that bar. Lots of fun. Very inclusive place and didn’t have to be.
Best dance floor in town. And when the bands would take a break at Second Story everyone would run down to dance between sets.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
To all the guys in Vegas for the game: have a great time and do what you can to help bring home a victory.
Also, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas AND stays on this site. So plz post your stories.

To all the guys in Vegas for the game: have a great time and do what you can to help bring home a victory.
Also, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas AND stays on this site. So plz post your stories.
I haven’t picked up the clap yet

I got settled in last night. Heading over to the Pinball Museum now and hitting the Neon Museum later on. Might do brewery row tonight if I don't meet up with a local friend. Sold one of my two tickets in section 214 and upgraded to section 13. I'm walking around in my Indiana Women's Basketball tshirt today, give me a holla if you see me.

Got in yesterday afternoon. Settled in and drank way too much with a pledge brother at the chandelier bar.

On way to M&M store, Comedy show tonight with clients and pregame all day tomorrow.

Have seen a fair bit of IU gear already.

Go Soccer Hoosiers...beat Pitt

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Got in yesterday afternoon. Settled in and drank way too much with a pledge brother at the chandelier bar.

On way to M&M store, Comedy show tonight with clients and pregame all day tomorrow.

Have seen a fair bit of IU gear already.

Go Soccer Hoosiers...beat Pitt
Walked the entire strip today. Lots of IU folks around now

I got asked by a person dressed as a woman if I wanted some company at about 1am last night at Caesar’s. Voice lower than mine.

I obviously said yes…..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT