ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn Game Thread

Yep but it's also year 6, he's 24 and he's still in college BB. Trey isn't a PG and Cupps needs experience but also should have 20-30# more weight on him..
He could get by undersized if he could hit 3’s at a good rate and percentage.

Statistically X provides improvement but yeah he will not be an All American-just better than other options.
Arguably (at least per stats) he's regressed YOY since his first year at Pitt with the exception of slight 3pt%, APG and FT% increases. If you value PPG.

I watched some of Cupps high school film and from what I saw I concluded his strength wasn’t as an outside shooter. Not saying he couldn’t develop just saying if I recruited him it wouldn’t have been as an elite college shooting prospect.

If Galloway was lighting it up then Cupps would be in a better situation but he ain’t. When X comes back I might start Cupps instead of TG.

If you look at the guard play today and look at what X has brought in several games in the past - and you say that X couldn’t potentially help - you aren’t being objective. He hasn’t delivered every game, but he has had several outstanding games. So his ceiling is much higher than any of the guards that played today. I’ll take my chances with X running the team vs Cupps as a freshman. Any day.
I woudnt.
Ill take Trey and Cupps > X all day, everyday

Woody has literally put no value on shooting or guards, which are the 2 main things that matter. Self imposed major handicap: why?!?
Whoa. He had the 15 th pick of the draft.
I watched after the Purdue game. DVR’s can be great. IU had a nice lead. Seemed like Auburn turned it up and IU didn’t. Truth is Pearl is probably a better college coach. He’s been doing it a lot longer when he’s not suspended for cheating. I don’t know how Auburn will do this season. They looked very athletic. So did Bama.
I’m sure IU will bring it when they play Purdue.
Btw…Renau (sp). Sorry. Looks like he’s going to be a force.

Last edited:
None of us have any clue what he or his staff are thinking on the subs. My guess is he is very stubborn. He believes in the strategy based on his own coaching experiences. And he doesn’t have 2 obvious NBA guys like TJD or JHS to play 35 minutes a game this year.

Despite that, absent foul trouble or injuries, you don’t need to play more than 1-2 subs at a time in college.

It is fairly early in the season…so he probably deserves some grace for playing more guys. But again, it can be accomplished without the hockey subbing.
Is it possible that in the NBA you substitute like this because there isn't a huge fall off of talent? Whereas in college you might have some really good players but then the fall off is greater than in the NBA. I remember specifically that Mike Davis would take a player out who was very hot because it was just their time to be subbed. It drove me and my high school buddy who is also a huge IU fan crazy. Don't take out a hot hand.

Whoa. He had the 15 th pick of the draft.
I watched after the Purdue game. DVR’s can be great. IU had a nice lead. Seemed like Auburn turned it up and IU didn’t. Truth is Pearl is probably a better college coach. He’s been doing it a lot longer when he’s not suspended for cheating. I don’t know how Auburn will do this season. They looked very athletic. So did Bama.
I’m sure IU will bring it when they play Purdue.
Btw…Renau (sp). Sorry. Looks like he’s going to be a force.
There isn’t any cheating in college ball now. Pearl got punished for the same shit Duke, North Carolina and Kansas get to walk away from.

The holier than thou administration here would never allow Pearl to be hired. If they did he’d hang another banner or two.

They count the same as any quad 1 or 2 loss. I figured the experts knew that?
So you don't think the selection committee takes into account margin of defeat when making selections?

Fascinating...
Is it possible that in the NBA you substitute like this because there isn't a huge fall off of talent? Whereas in college you might have some really good players but then the fall off is greater than in the NBA. I remember specifically that Mike Davis would take a player out who was very hot because it was just their time to be subbed. It drove me and my high school buddy who is also a huge IU fan crazy. Don't take out a hot hand.
Yep, I remember that with Davis. Invariably if a player hit a couple of shots, I would always say to whomever I was watching the game with, "Ok, time for that player to come out."

Davis was infuriating in that regard. LOL

Davis had zero feel for the game.

So you don't think the selection committee takes into account margin of defeat when making selections?

Fascinating...

Yep, I remember that with Davis. Invariably if a player hit a couple of shots, I would always say to whomever I was watching the game with, "Ok, time for that player to come out."

Davis was infuriating in that regard. LOL

Davis had zero feel for the game.
Fascinating that you didn’t comprehend the conversation. It counts the same for the NET.

Win game run to IU board

Btw just saw some clips. Half empty arena in Toronto? wtf?

Was your dui guy able to cross the border? Thought there were laws against that?
Whoa. Didnt Crean’s team practice at the Bloomington jail? Hell one player even ran. over another. Id rather keep. it basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT