ADVERTISEMENT

Athlon Sports preseason top 25

Has there ever been a more negative fanbase for a top-20 ranked team than our Hoosiers?

IU's history under Crean would indicate the fanbase has plenty of justification to be skeptical. Pre-season rankings are basically meaningless.

Agreed...status quo since 1993. When did you catch on that we sucked? I caught on around 1993...about 22 years ago.
We went to the elite 8 in 93 but you thought we sucked and we also went to the sweet 16 in 94. I started to realize around 97 and 98 that RMK was losing it a little and his teams seemed tired by late Feb and seemed like they were ready for the season to end.

Athlon came out with their top 25 preseason rankings. Looks to be pretty accurate. I expect our two teams to be fairly close to one another.

http://athlonsports.com/magazines/athlon-sports-2015-16-college-basketball-preseason-top-25

After the debacle at Marshal yesterday, I'm ready to get basketball started, lol.

There is a "Write for Athlon" banner to the right of the article.

I remember when they were a premier magazine that at least paid for content, and sold a product of some quality. Probably another publication that has gone from mediocre straight into the gutter.

There is a "Write for Athlon" banner to the right of the article.

I remember when they were a premier magazine that at least paid for content, and sold a product of some quality. Probably another publication that has gone from mediocre straight into the gutter.
Before the inter web took over, I would check daily for the Athlons magazine to come out this time of the year.

Before the inter web took over, I would check daily for the Athlons magazine to come out this time of the year.

I think the print competition in the early 2000's made it difficult to stay competitive and then the internet competition made it pull out all the stops to stay in business.

And when pulling out all the stops includes soliciting amateurs to write articles you are officially out of the information/content business and officially exist solely to get clicks and sell ad space.

Put the nail in Athlon, they are done.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT