ADVERTISEMENT

Associate Head Coach Yasir Rosemond

Ya is a pimp, Hysterics are asshats. Wish someone would create a cliff notes version of these. Some stuff that comes from it is great, the other 90% of let me talk about myself from Eric is eye gauging. I kinda like Ward, so I take that back, Eric is an asshat.
Don’t know which is which, only know bald douche and theatre looking douche.

I'm not going to listen to that prattle. Hopefully someone will do us all a solid and recap the comments by Rosemond.

Reactions: .Gerdis
I won’t disagree that they are hard to stomach. Couple of middle aged ignorant morons that missed the bus when God was handing out balls. However, I simply fast forward thru their BS until their interviews begin. And this one is absolutely worth listening to. Yasir delivers, in fine authentic detail everything we have been waiting to hear for two decades now. Anyone that has any doubt about Woodson needs to take the time to listen to this.

I won’t disagree that they are hard to stomach. Couple of middle aged ignorant morons that missed the bus when God was handing out balls. However, I simply fast forward thru their BS until their interviews begin. And this one is absolutely worth listening to. Yasir delivers, in fine authentic detail everything we have been waiting to hear for two decades now. Anyone that has any doubt about Woodson needs to take the time to listen to this.
Could I trouble you for a recap ?

Ya is a pimp, Hysterics are asshats. Wish someone would create a cliff notes version of these. Some stuff that comes from it is great, the other 90% of let me talk about myself from Eric is eye gauging. I kinda like Ward, so I take that back, Eric is an asshat.
Yeah, I've got a friend who likes them and I just can't take it. He recaps Hoosier Hysterics for me and I recap Assembly Call for him. It works. Makes it much better being a Hoosier fan in foreign territory if you have a cohort you can empathize with. Sort of like McNutt and his Dentist buddy without the messy sand trap encounters!

PS, another plug for Assembly Call but they did an interview with Tamar (think they have an NIL deal with him for a series of interviews: The Inside Scoop) and he in turn got the whole freshmen class. It also is worth the time to watch, as you get a feel for each of the freshmen and Tamar:

Assembly Call - The Inside Scoop (Bates!)

Last edited:
Could I trouble you for a recap ?
I couldn't begin to even attempt it. I could write a novel and not even scratch the surface of the expectations and direction this program is headed in regards to returning the culture of student athlete character, winning and the expectations they all share.
I would be doing coach Yasir and this interview a disservice by even attempting to recap. I’m sure someone more articulate then myself could attempt it. But simply to much to cover in said Cliff Note fashion for anyone in my opinion.
Your not gonna get a feel for him and how intelligent he is and how they all are growing at warp speed under Woodsons direction.
It’s worth every second of your time if you want to actually understand what’s going on with the program. We have grown ass men running this program finally. All being led by a man that loves this program and understands what it takes to win.

I couldn't begin to even attempt it. I could write a novel and not even scratch the surface of the expectations and direction this program is headed in regards to returning the culture of student athlete character, winning and the expectations they all share.
I would be doing coach Yasir and this interview a disservice by even attempting to recap. I’m sure someone more articulate then myself could attempt it. But simply to much to cover in said Cliff Note fashion for anyone in my opinion.
Your not gonna get a feel for him and how intelligent he is and how they all are growing at warp speed under Woodsons direction.
It’s worth every second of your time if you want to actually understand what’s going on with the program. We have grown ass men running this program finally. All being led by a man that loves this program and understands what it takes to win.
Ok, you sold me. I’ll give it a listen, thanks for posting it.

and now you have to do the cliff notes version. No excuses :)
Pro tip: skip at least the first 32 minutes.

He is talking now about the “maturation” of X and something clicking with TJD. Also, the togetherness of the team forged
Through adversity.

Reactions: UncleMark
A friend of mine told me that the Hysterics were awesome. I tried listening to it and after 15 minutes of their opening gibberish I turned it off. I thought I would try another episode but from your description I'll take a pass. Sounds like they have 30-45 minutes of good content per show but they take 90-120 minutes to give it to you.

Reactions: kkott
Defensive schemes (NBA), much different from college, didn’t have initial buy in (assistants questioned whether it would work). As they saw the success , buy in occurred. Which, jumping to this year, sets up well for learning curve with new kids as everyone is on one page, and there are older players to guide.

JG: Looking to play more on perimeter, but he shouldn’t “forget who he is”. The NBA is looking for stars “in a role”. You can be a star in a role by just doing the things to win like rebounding and blocking shots.

kaleb can be special, never had to try in HS (everything was easy), learning to work.

JG: Looking to play more on perimeter, but he shouldn’t “forget who he is”. The NBA is looking for stars “in a role”. You can be a star in a role by just doing the things to win like rebounding and blocking shots.

kaleb can be special, never had to try in HS (everything was easy), learning to work.
To clarify a little more.
he said they need to understand that only 15 or so guys are the best in the world.
players need to identify who they most could play like and how their build is the same as a roll player. And they can have an amazing career being that guy and not the star.
I believe he compared Race to Al Horford. Which might be a stretch, however he was making a point that Horford couldn’t shoot until he played under Woody.

he also touched on how kids need some patience to stick around and learn and how hard it is for them not to transfer just to be a starter. And he translates every complicated example in such a basic way it’s easy for the common person to understand.
We are in good hands.

It’s real, real early, and things could drastically change, but I got the vibe from his interview that JHS will play a lot, Ya is not (at this point) convinced JG will be a 3, Kopp might see more minutes than some posters are counting on and that he thinks Banks is the sleeper of this class (his view could be skewed by his ties with GA and Banks mom). We shall see but the more I read/hear about Banks the more intrigued I am.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT