ADVERTISEMENT

As suspected...

Crusty The Baker

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2021
- UC couldn't run the ball and had a dangerous pass game. Their QB dropped a couple of incredible dimes for TDs and took advantage of two more blown coverages for TDs in the first half.

- Our third string converted DT center did his best, but got blown up nearly every play, and our second and third string RT had a rough game, and it cost us. We desperately need Carpenter back ASAP. Bell and Co will do something to give whoever is playing RT some help. I'm not sure there's much that can be done about Center at this point.

- Obviously, lots of miscommunication and blown assignments in the secondary did us in in the first half. I didn't get to watch the end of the first half, but it looks like a weird, devastating minute where UC scored on offense and then scored on a TD off a fumble recovery was the difference in the game.

I think whether or not IU makes a bowl this year or not depends on the health of one or two players on the offensive line. We're actually ok defensively, I think, except for a few lapses. The three opponents we've beaten have destroyed their other opponents and have all been held to season lows in scoring by IU.

Allen needs to shore up the secondary, period. He has long time veterans at every secondary position. It's on Allen to put them in a position to succeed. Regression is not an option if they want to go bowling.

The oline needs a culture change. It's not ok to have a lousy oline and expect to win games. I've said it before but places like Iowa, Wisco, etc., have an oline culture in place and they typically play up to it yearly.

Indiana recruits very similar rated talent out of high school but falls short in the development department. Culture ='s development in these cases...

Reactions: Crusty The Baker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT