ADVERTISEMENT

Penix vs. Texas

If Washington plays Michigan, I hope Penix's backup is ready. One hard hit and you know Michigan will do it.

I recognized and acknowledged Penix's talent when he was here but I thought people were taking it too far when they talked about him being Heisman level. Obviously he has been developed as a player since then but those people to whom I expressed skepticism were essentially right. He got in the right system with the right talent around him and grew into being that good. I do think JD was a worthy recipient but MPJ is right there in the same breath. Some of the balls he threw tonight 🤯🤯🤯 I am very happy that it worked out for him. I hope he plays a decade in the NFL.

I recognized and acknowledged Penix's talent when he was here but I thought people were taking it too far when they talked about him being Heisman level. Obviously he has been developed as a player since then but those people to whom I expressed skepticism were essentially right. He got in the right system with the right talent around him and grew into being that good. I do think JD was a worthy recipient but MPJ is right there in the same breath. Some of the balls he threw tonight 🤯🤯🤯 I am very happy that it worked out for him. I hope he plays a decade in the NFL.
He got absolutely jobbed out of the Heisman.

I don’t know that he developed all that much, DeBoer is just a superior offensive mind, knows how to call an offense, and he’s got some serious talent to throw to. If DeBoer had stuck around, I think there’s a good chance that Penix would’ve kept throwing 68%+ completion percentage and been a top offense.

He got absolutely jobbed out of the Heisman.

I don’t know that he developed all that much, DeBoer is just a superior offensive mind, knows how to call an offense, and he’s got some serious talent to throw to. If DeBoer had stuck around, I think there’s a good chance that Penix would’ve kept throwing 68%+ completion percentage and been a top offense.
If he didn't develop in two injury-free years that would reflect negatively on him. He looked like a more polished player to me but I was not in evaluation mode and I'm not going to go back and re-watch it.
In what world was he absolutely jobbed out of the Heisman? I know stats aren't everything but if you look at the numbers side by side Penix doesn't have an argument. Now you can say that the wins in big games and good performances in big moments bridged the gap, but at best you have a close race on your hands. To imply that Penix should have run away with the vote...either you're intentionally overstating it for effect or you're not able to set aside your own personal preferences in order to look at things objectively and even-handedly.

If he didn't develop in two injury-free years that would reflect negatively on him. He looked like a more polished player to me but I was not in evaluation mode and I'm not going to go back and re-watch it.
In what world was he absolutely jobbed out of the Heisman? I know stats aren't everything but if you look at the numbers side by side Penix doesn't have an argument. Now you can say that the wins in big games and good performances in big moments bridged the gap, but at best you have a close race on your hands. To imply that Penix should have run away with the vote...either you're intentionally overstating it for effect or you're not able to set aside your own personal preferences in order to look at things objectively and even-handedly.
I’m sure he developed with experience, but I don’t think it’s a situation where he’s had dramatic improvement, like he finally learned to throw or something.

When I say jobbed, I mean it. He leads the nation in passing two years in a row, beats another Heisman finalist twice, and leads a P5 team to an undefeated season and the CFP, that’s a no-brainer to me.

Ok, well you could be right. I don't care enough to pull up tape and compare things like footwork, pocket presence, going through progressions, mechanics, body language, etc. Hopefully the NFL Draft people will share their findings here in a couple months.
Dude when it was 12 games to 12 Penix had less than 100 more yards but Daniels had 8 more TDs, 4 fewer INTs, a higher completion percentage, over 1,100 more rushing yards and 7 more rushing TDs. Equals not jobbed by any definition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT