ADVERTISEMENT

Are You Ready?

IU_Cramer

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2001
For a 10k milestone post? Well ready or not, here we go!

Dearly (not so) Beloved,

We are gathered here today to celebrate a milestone of grand impotence. Today we celebrate a journey 10,000 moments in the making. Some of those moments were great (like the ORIGINAL OTF March Madness Bracket back in ’03.. Go KOOKIE!)

(Kookie celebrates his inaugural championship)

original.gif

Some not so much… (The rant that led to the inception of the IC…)

inner-circle.gif

This place has given me much. Hours of HLA enjoyment..

tumblr_mwd2exJe3E1rcicsfo1_400.gif

7550222.gif

technology advice..

content.php

music musings…

trans_banner.png

25ced683c174910ab3a744aca4435165.jpg

jerry-garcia-so-many-roads-o.gif

hilary-duff-o.gif

Hare-brained and half-cooked ideas…

wideblack.png

the OTF Media project, the internet links database,

Then there’s dealing with these guys…

beersnobs.jpg

tumblr_lw4s2fv53R1r7q7joo1_500.jpg

internet-troll-20110516-102141.jpg

But perhaps the biggest part of my life that the OTF has provided is my family. Crazy to think it, but without this damn little trailer park corner of the internet, I’d not be married to my wife or have three beautiful little girls (and unless you want to join Jared, you don’t want to see anything in a two-piece assclowns).

I think most of the wedding invitations to the OTF got lost in the mail, at least that’s what I was told, but then again, it probably would have looked like this if the lot of you showed up.

BadWeddingPhotos.jpg

In all seriousness though, this place has been a hell of a trip. I’ve made some good friends, there have been way too many stories that have come out of this place, and I look forward to many more years, and perhaps even 10,000 more moments shared with those who are still here and those yet to be here.

I’m guessing by the time I hit 20k, Dane Fife will have led the basketball team to Banner #8, leading C$ to still bemoan about #DESTINY!

bradstevens1.gif

Goat will have successfully reached his final form:

vDVEfnz.gif

Mystery Donor might actually have grown up a bit:

a994e55ea7c57f5255f94700bea096d0.jpg

(or not…)

OS might finally get off Brady’s balls..

miley-brady-2.gif

TMP, Ziz, VanPastorMan, FL33, and all the other OTFers who go back and forth might finally meet one day at an OTF tailgate and have one great big…

Glee_group_hug_gif.gif

But more than likely this place will still be the same old trailer park it has been, right on the edge of peegsville just on the wrong side of the tracks.

So many people I’ve met along this time here, IUAllie, HoosierPeach, Aruss/NFA/Mr. Brownstone, TOHG, MTIOTF, SuperHoosier, CoachFife/CF**, CarmelGreg/Whosear, MysteryDonor/SchrockStar, Phish, Ziz, TMP, C-$, BCC/Uber, etec, dolfingus, Kookie, tried&true, kmwinter, Kref, Cap, Hoosier Granddaddy, toastedbread, OS, RAS, BobSugar, IUT, Rangeline Fan, Basil, Moops & IUhottie, IU Meathead, Youngsumm, TheBigLebowski, Little Lebowski, bigjoshstudd, DJinB-town, mac/crossfire, burnthemallralphie, McNutt, and many many others who I am sure I forgot to mention. If I did and you’re offended, well it’s the OTF and we all know you don’t apologize on the OTF.

I’d like to leave you with this thought.. you know, everyone has said at one point or another that the OTF just isn’t what it used to be.. well I think we can make the OTF great again. I mean, we have the greatest minds in peegsville here, so many great minds, just great thinkers who can think great ideas and make great things happen here. So what I propose is we build a firewall around the OTF to keep out those pesky freeboarders and water coolies. And I propose that we go back to what made the OTF great.. basically this:

If it was good enough for Aruss and peegs, it’s good enough for me!

*mew* *sod off*

Guidelines for the OTF

With most message boards, there are typically a set of procedures for posting. However, we really did not have a set of rules for the Off Topic Forum. It’s now time that we establish some simple guidelines for posting on the OTF. These rules are subject to change by the forum administrators and/or Peegs.

1.Photos:A few hints for posting risqué photos. Pictures of women in bikinis are fine. But when it comes to clothing over private parts being teasingly or partially pulled down/off, this crosses the line and is a no-no.

On that same note, string bikini/thong photos are no longer allowed. If they are posted, they will be deleted if viewed by a moderator.

2.“Gross” items:Urine, feces and other bodily excretions are also topics we want to stay away from. They can be a tinge off-color.

3.One-line posts:nt, (nt), nm, (nm), nt, (nt), *, **, nfm, …etc. Please try to limit these posts. This is, after all, a message board. There should be some substance to posts made here.Keep this in mind especially if you are starting a new thread.

4.Sex Talk:This board is read by people of all ages and peegs.com is a 'family-friendly' site. Let's try to keep the sex talk to a minimum.

Example: Discussing specific ‘sex acts’ is a no-no. This is included but not limited to sex and oral sex. This can be anything that brings to mind a visual that goes beyond an ‘R-rating’.

5.Personal conversations:Extensive conversations about events taking place outside of the forums, such as nights out, yard sales, museum trips, etc that doesn’t pertain to the message board as a whole should be taken to email or an Instant Messenger client. Furthermore, this type of thread brings down the overall quality of the forum and discourages quality posting. Therefore, threads between OTFers about 'extracurricular' activities are discouraged and will be deleted at the discretion of the forum administrators.

6.Username Changes:Going forward there will be a policy ofno name changes(this includes creating an 'alter-ego' or calling Rivals support to have your name changed) unless you go through myself, Peegs or any other OTF moderator. Anybody caught in a name change without permission will getat minimum a two week suspension.A repeat offender - a much longer ban, possibly permanently.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Why is it that reading the rules actually made me laugh the hardest? To need the rules first of all and I'm confident they're all broken on a daily basis!

Just so it's clear, these aren't rules I came up with, these are actual rules of the AOTF developed by Aruss/NFA back in the day. These are actually the 2.0 version with rule 6 added, the 1.0 version was only the first 5.

Burnthemallralphie said he wanted to do my mom doggystyle so they could both watch tonight's game.

While that isn't totally offensive to me it does conjure an image slightly beyond Rated R. Could you go ahead and censor that statement for me?

That would be the thread entitled, I have three questions for you, on page 1.

Also it seems the word donkey balls isn't exactly family friendly. It makes me think of a sack slightly larger than my own but much less manicured.

Burnthemallralphie said he wanted to do my mom doggystyle so they could both watch tonight's game.

While that isn't totally offensive to me it does conjure an image slightly beyond Rated R. Could you go ahead and censor that statement for me?

That would be the thread entitled, I have three questions for you, on page 1.

Also it seems the word donkey balls isn't exactly family friendly. It makes me think of a sack slightly larger than my own but much less manicured.
Is your mom an IU fan, and would like to see the game?
if so I say let it be.

Dearly (not so) Beloved,

We are gathered here today to celebrate a milestone of grand impotence. Today we celebrate a journey 10,000 moments in the making. Some of those moments were great (like the ORIGINAL OTF March Madness Bracket back in ’03.. Go KOOKIE!)

original.gif

inner-circle.gif

7550222.gif

technology advice..

content.php

music musings…

trans_banner.png

hilary-duff-o.gif

wideblack.png

beersnobs.jpg

But perhaps the biggest part of my life that the OTF has provided is my family. Crazy to think it, but without this damn little trailer park corner of the internet, I’d not be married to my wife or have three beautiful little girls (and unless you want to join Jared, you don’t want to see anything in a two-piece assclowns).

I think most of the wedding invitations to the OTF got lost in the mail, at least that’s what I was told, but then again, it probably would have looked like this if the lot of you showed up.

BadWeddingPhotos.jpg

In all seriousness though, this place has been a hell of a trip. I’ve made some good friends, there have been way too many stories that have come out of this place, and I look forward to many more years, and perhaps even 10,000 more moments shared with those who are still here and those yet to be here.

I’m guessing by the time I hit 20k, Dane Fife will have led the basketball team to Banner #8, leading C$ to still bemoan about #DESTINY!

bradstevens1.gif

vDVEfnz.gif

(or not…)

miley-brady-2.gif

TMP, Ziz, VanPastorMan, FL33, and all the other OTFers who go back and forth might finally meet one day at an OTF tailgate and have one great big…

Glee_group_hug_gif.gif

But more than likely this place will still be the same old trailer park it has been, right on the edge of peegsville just on the wrong side of the tracks.

So many people I’ve met along this time here, IUAllie, HoosierPeach, Aruss/NFA/Mr. Brownstone, TOHG, MTIOTF, SuperHoosier, CoachFife/CF**, CarmelGreg/Whosear, MysteryDonor/ShrockStar, Phish, Ziz, TMP, C-$, BCC/Uber, etec, dolfingus, Kookie, tried&true, kmwinter, Kref, Cap, Hoosier Granddaddy, toastedbread, OS, RAS, BobSugar, IUT, Rangeline Fan, Basil, Moops & IUhottie, IU Meathead, Youngsumm, TheBigLebowski, Little Lebowski, bigjoshstudd, DJinB-town, mac/crossfire, burnthemallralphie, McNutt, and many many others who I am sure I forgot to mention. If I did and you’re offended, well it’s the OTF and we all know you don’t apologize on the OTF.

I’d like to leave you with this thought.. you know, everyone has said at one point or another that the OTF just isn’t what it used to be.. well I think we can make the OTF great again. I mean, we have the greatest minds in peegsville here, so many great minds, just great thinkers who can think great ideas and make great things happen here. So what I propose is we build a firewall around the OTF to keep out those pesky freeboarders and water coolies. And I propose that we go back to what made the OTF great.. basically this:

*mew* *sod off*

Guidelines for the OTF

With most message boards, there are typically a set of procedures for posting. However, we really did not have a set of rules for the Off Topic Forum. It’s now time that we establish some simple guidelines for posting on the OTF. These rules are subject to change by the forum administrators and/or Peegs.

1.Photos:A few hints for posting risqué photos. Pictures of women in bikinis are fine. But when it comes to clothing over private parts being teasingly or partially pulled down/off, this crosses the line and is a no-no.

On that same note, string bikini/thong photos are no longer allowed. If they are posted, they will be deleted if viewed by a moderator.

2.“Gross” items:Urine, feces and other bodily excretions are also topics we want to stay away from. They can be a tinge off-color.

3.One-line posts:nt, (nt), nm, (nm), nt, (nt), *, **, nfm, …etc. Please try to limit these posts. This is, after all, a message board. There should be some substance to posts made here.Keep this in mind especially if you are starting a new thread.

4.Sex Talk:This board is read by people of all ages and peegs.com is a 'family-friendly' site. Let's try to keep the sex talk to a minimum.

Example: Discussing specific ‘sex acts’ is a no-no. This is included but not limited to sex and oral sex. This can be anything that brings to mind a visual that goes beyond an ‘R-rating’.

5.Personal conversations:Extensive conversations about events taking place outside of the forums, such as nights out, yard sales, museum trips, etc that doesn’t pertain to the message board as a whole should be taken to email or an Instant Messenger client. Furthermore, this type of thread brings down the overall quality of the forum and discourages quality posting. Therefore, threads between OTFers about 'extracurricular' activities are discouraged and will be deleted at the discretion of the forum administrators.

6.Username Changes:Going forward there will be a policy ofno name changes(this includes creating an 'alter-ego' or calling Rivals support to have your name changed) unless you go through myself, Peegs or any other OTF moderator. Anybody caught in a name change without permission will getat minimum a two week suspension.A repeat offender - a much longer ban, possibly permanently.

giphy.gif
Not sure if I want to hug any of these guys. Some of them don't look like they've had their shots. I would enjoy meeting up at an IU game next year. I usually go to one game a yr before the B1G starts since I am not an alum and can't get great seats. But I'd be for meeting at a corner of the lower level and saying Howdy. I am not bringing my daughter that some of you mugs wanted to see pics of. She is having a baby in June and her husband is 6'4" so he might have something to say about it. Someday ole VanPastorMan's grandson will be swishing the nets in Bloomington. Mark it Down!!!!

Also, would have had much more, but apparently you can only have 20 images in a single post.. damn rivals bastage jackhole asshats

Reactions: BigMobe

Dearly (not so) Beloved,

original.gif

inner-circle.gif

7550222.gif

technology advice..

content.php

music musings…

trans_banner.png

hilary-duff-o.gif

wideblack.png

beersnobs.jpg

BadWeddingPhotos.jpg

bradstevens1.gif

vDVEfnz.gif

(or not…)

miley-brady-2.gif

Glee_group_hug_gif.gif

So many people I’ve met along this time here, IUAllie, HoosierPeach, Aruss/NFA/Mr. Brownstone, TOHG, MTIOTF, SuperHoosier, CoachFife/CF**, CarmelGreg/Whosear, MysteryDonor/ShrockStar, Phish, Ziz, TMP, C-$, BCC/Uber, etec, dolfingus, Kookie, tried&true, kmwinter, Kref, Cap, Hoosier Granddaddy, toastedbread, OS, RAS, BobSugar, IUT, Rangeline Fan, Basil, Moops & IUhottie, IU Meathead, Youngsumm, TheBigLebowski, Little Lebowski, bigjoshstudd, DJinB-town, mac/crossfire, burnthemallralphie, McNutt, and many many others who I am sure I forgot to mention. If I did and you’re offended, well it’s the OTF and we all know you don’t apologize on the OTF.

*mew* *sod off*

Guidelines for the OTF

giphy.gif

Very nice post, you old has-been. BTW, you spelled my name wrong, but hey, who cares, right? HAHAhahahaha. No, seriously, great post. Tons of original content. Great references man. You are the AOTF meme king.

Very nice post, you old has-been. BTW, you spelled my name wrong, but hey, who cares, right? HAHAhahahaha. No, seriously, great post. Tons of original content. Great references man. You are the AOTF meme king.

Stupid silent C...

Fixed just for you...
55564871.jpg

Reactions: FrankTGucker
IU_Cramer is the best old-timer poster. I could be wrong but did you marry someone that you met at an AOTF get together? You never seem to post drunk stupid stuff ... which might be a negative actually ... you teach the youngsters in Texas ... and you like IU football.

IU_Cramer is the best old-timer poster. I could be wrong but did you marry someone that you met at an AOTF get together? You never seem to post drunk stupid stuff ... which might be a negative actually ... you teach the youngsters in Texas ... and you like IU football.

Why thank you for the kind words. I did marry an AOTFerette... and I'm pretty sure the two of us along with HoosierPeach and to a lesser extent MysteryDonor and CF** were a part of the reason rule #5 was put in those OTF guidelines back in the day.

My posting has calmed down since parenthood took over, but back in the day there were some rather interesting posts here and there from time to time. But alas I guess we all have to grow up sometime... well again, perhaps with the exception of MD.

Reactions: MillerTime
Why thank you for the kind words. I did marry an AOTFerette... and I'm pretty sure the two of us along with HoosierPeach and to a lesser extent MysteryDonor and CF** were a part of the reason rule #5 was put in those OTF guidelines back in the day.

My posting has calmed down since parenthood took over, but back in the day there were some rather interesting posts here and there from time to time. But alas I guess we all have to grow up sometime... well again, perhaps with the exception of MD.

You must have spent some serious time on that post ... the beer and music snob reference fits so perfectly on this forum. Who knew music and beer was so important. I like beer and music but why do people have to analyze it to an extreme? A beer tastes good to me or not ... Music sounds good to me or not ... pretty much subjective. How many times has the word Zombie Dust and Grateful Dead been posted on this forum? I have been listening to the Dead since 1974 went to see them a couple of times but don't get the obsession with some people have with them. Side note ... I have an unopened 1978 Original Master Recording of American Beauty on vinyl if anyone is interested in buying. I was lucky enough to try Zombie Dust once and it is OK. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

This forum needs to be more diverse. But anyone new here that doesn't have the balls to put up with the IC is run off. Place needs new blood.

You must have spent some serious time on that post ... the beer and music snob reference fits so perfectly on this forum. Who knew music and beer was so important. I like beer and music but why do people have to analyze it to an extreme? A beer tastes good to me or not ... Music sounds good to me or not ... pretty much subjective. How many times has the word Zombie Dust and Grateful Dead been posted on this forum? I have been listening to the Dead since 1974 went to see them a couple of times but don't get the obsession with some people have with them. Side note ... I have an unopened 1978 Original Master Recording of American Beauty on vinyl if anyone is interested in buying. I was lucky enough to try Zombie Dust once and it is OK. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

This forum needs to be more diverse. But anyone new here that doesn't have the balls to put up with the IC is run off. Place needs new blood.

I've go to say that this is where Andy is missed the most. I know it was intimidating when I first started posting on this board over a decade ago. I sort of semi-lurked and made a post here and there. But Andy was very welcoming. He always made posters feel comfortable about posting. If they needed a little guidance in finding their way, he offered it, sometimes even through email. But he always wanted people to feel comfortable in posting here, unless they were just complete assclowns who were just outright not good people. But even then he'd try. If he couldn't get them to play nice, then it was open season for ridicule.

Everyone has their thing. Even the "Beer Snobs" and the "Dead Heads". Later this summer the Cubs fans will invade (I'll be one of them) and posts about Schwarbombs, Jake and Friends, and what crazy thing Maddon is doing next will be the posts du jour. It's an ebb and flow. I don't mind anything that's posted in this place as long as it's not racist or hate-filled. I think Andy was of a fairly similar philosophy.

I do agree with you that the AOTF needs new posters. It needs to be a bit more inclusive, but the posters who do come in have to also kind of understand what they are getting themselves into. It was a bit of a learning curve for me, and it certainly wasn't always the easiest group to be a part of. The IC is a prime example. It got started with a rant of mine late one evening way way back in the day. But then there was the whole Dead Prez thing that happened as well, which was hilarious until it got shut down. This place will always sort of be on the edge. And posters will come and go. I do wonder if it will ever be the "grand" place we remember it to be, only because of the changing landscape of the internet, social media, apps, etc. I wonder how many people in general and I wonder how many "younger" people sign up to a site like peegs, and of those "younger" people I wonder how many would find this place and decide to jump into the cesspool of mediocrity.

But yeah, that's a lot of heavy thinking for a Friday night. Time to open up my Arrogant Bastard Ale, chow down on some delectable BW3 Honey BBQ Boneless Wings and Buffalo Chips with Cheese, and watch this Wisc/ND warm-up game before the main event.

Cheers Max, and Cheers to the rest of the AOTF!

Reactions: cryano
I'm done. Enjoy the game. The rims seem to be cold tonight in Philly and I don't think that bodes well for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT