ADVERTISEMENT

Are Stewart and Durr on their second suspension?

Maybe time kick them off. Let Leal play.
Maybe but this talk of durr starting next year better stop. He right now cannot even stay eligible to play. Lander and bates arent that impressive so if they want to not follow rules boot them. I mean the fact we had the biggest game of the year and these guys screwed up is just shows their level of being serious

Maybe but this talk of durr starting next year better stop. He right now cannot even stay eligible to play. Lander and bates arent that impressive so if they want to not follow rules boot them. I mean the fact we had the biggest game of the year and these guys screwed up is just shows their level of being serious
Listen. I am a big fan of Durr’s play on the court and the talk of him starting was about that. After what happened last night (if it’s truly his second issue), I don’t care what he can do on the court. If Woody cuts his ass then good riddance.

If I read the body language of the "5" right, both durr and parker had the worst, kind of I don't give a ****, or like they could care less if they are gone. If so boot them. Other 3 harder to read' but lander seemed the most team positive.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Maybe time kick them off. Let Leal play.
Bro. Stop. Parker got “suspended” for being late coming back for holiday break because there was a wreck on the highway. Like 1/2 hour late to practice.

I’m guessing these guys went out in Chicago Monday Night and came back 1/2 hour after curfew.

woody is teaching them lessons. Theses guys are very good humans. Way better than I was at the same age.

Bro. Stop. Parker got “suspended” for being late coming back for holiday break because there was a wreck on the highway. Like 1/2 hour late to practice.

I’m guessing these guys went out in Chicago Monday Night and came back 1/2 hour after curfew.

woody is teaching them lessons. Theses guys are very good humans. Way better than I was at the same age.
“Guessing”

I don’t believe your story about Parker. At least I don’t believe it’s the full story.

If they went out in Chicago the night before the game then they are idiots

If they were just late, then I agree. That’s not the rumors going around though.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
If I read the body language of the "5" right, both durr and parker had the worst, kind of I don't give a ****, or like they could care less if they are gone. If so boot them. Other 3 harder to read' but lander seemed the most team positive.
Lol you are a joke.

If they knew the consequences and ignored them and by result pissed away Race Thompson's SR year...that's a problem.

“Guessing”

I don’t believe your story about Parker. At least I don’t believe it’s the full story.

I know more about these guys then probably this entire board combine. But ya what do I know. Get off your high horse. They didn’t go out and get wasted or to the clubs. More like looking at a city that is one of the greatest in the world because it was the first opportunity in some of their lives to see the sears tower.

Again, these are tremendous humans on this team, I couldn’t be more proud of guys like Parker representing my university.

Way better than I was at the same age.
at the same age?

Reactions: Cavanagh
“Guessing”

Rabby says he was told these were not drug related, just late to the hotel apparently. This makes sense because IU rules are that if it was weed the player cannot dress for three games. Woody has more Knight in him that many thought.

kids-falling-over-bike.gif

I’ll bet anyone in this board any amount we make the tourney. Let me know about that wasted season. Bunch of teenage girls in this board. Be thankful we have a strict leader at the helm.
That was a total deflection. We needed to win last nights game. A few weren’t disciplined enough to give us our best shot. I’m surprised you don’t see the problem with that.
I completely support Woodson’s decision.

I know more about these guys then probably this entire board combine. But ya what do I know. Get off your high horse. They didn’t go out and get wasted or to the clubs. More like looking at a city that is one of the greatest in the world because it was the first opportunity in some of their lives to see the sears tower.

Again, these are tremendous humans on this team, I couldn’t be more proud of guys like Parker representing my university.
Yep. Who would want to go out in Chicago of all places? I mean, especially when you get to travel to exotic locales like W Laffy, Newark, Iowa City and Lincoln?

Woody spoke of p

Woody spoke of possibly suspending these guys more games in the post game presser. I find it real strange they’d get even the threat of a multi game suspension for seeing the sears tower and breaking curfew.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
I keep hearing on the Cooler it's a shithole and you put your life at risk walking down the street.
stopped reading after "the Cooler"...! These kids work harder to be students, maintain eligibilty and play ball at a D1 level than any of us did, and I worked all through college and paid my own way. I hope they went out in Chicago to sight see. Still have to follow rules and be back, but going out in Chicago the night before a game is not "not caring", it's being human.

Reactions: UncleMark

This is BS. Woody wouldn’t have suspended them for being a half hour late after site seeing. They snuck out after curfew and came back smelling of weed.

No way Woody suspends Stewart for a half because he was late to a practice due to something outside of his control.

stopped reading after "the Cooler"...! These kids work harder to be students, maintain eligibilty and play ball at a D1 level than any of us did, and I worked all through college and paid my own way. I hope they went out in Chicago to sight see. Still have to follow rules and be back, but going out in Chicago the night before a game is not "not caring", it's being human.
That would be fine if that were the case.

That would be fine if that were the case.
True. I was responding to the poster that said they were idiots if they went out the night before the game. They should when they have those opportunities, but you still have to follow the rules. No problem with CMW's actions and support him.

This is BS. Woody wouldn’t have suspended them for being a half hour late after site seeing. They snuck out after curfew and came back smelling of weed.

No way Woody suspends Stewart for a half because he was late to a practice due to something outside of his control.
The ignorance in this post is baffling. Like do you do this in real life? Just make up shit that you no nothing about? Smelling like weed!!! That’s rich. When was the last time you saw the devils lettuce?

The ignorance in this post is baffling. Like do you do this in real life? Just make up shit that you no nothing about? Smelling like weed!!! That’s rich. When was the last time you saw the devils lettuce?
That’s what happened from credible sources. You expect us to believe your narrative that Woody suspended 5 players and threatened to kick them off the team in the post game presser due to being a half hour late due to site seeing? Use your brain.

I smoked a couple times in college and haven’t since then, so I would say a good 7 or 8 years since I’ve seen the “devils lettuce”.

It does based on the other credible rumors going around. You really think Woody going to suspend 5 guys for being a half hour late to curfew after site seeing? Use your brai
did you really use the term "credible rumors"... on the internet? Just from reading, I don't think anyone here knows for sure what happened. I can guess as well as anyone, and better than most, but that's all it is. Fully support and trust our head Coach in his actions.

True. I was responding to the poster that said they were idiots if they went out the night before the game. They should when they have those opportunities, but you still have to follow the rules. No problem with CMW's actions and support him.
So for people who live here, knowing the logistics of going out in Chicago from Evanston the night before somewhat of a must win makes this easy. Just dumb

Yep. Who would want to go out in Chicago of all places? I mean, especially when you get to travel to exotic locales like W Laffy, Newark, Iowa City and Lincoln?
as a resident local....depends on the 'where'. Up near NW campus and north side....not too bad. From downtown and south....hope you've got some kevlar. But yeah....as someone who has spent nights in every city you mentioned...I can see the appeal to these kids (especially that shithole Newark....Lincoln is pretty nice).

Reactions: kkott
as a resident local....depends on the 'where'. Up near NW campus and north side....not too bad. From downtown and south....hope you've got some kevlar. But yeah....as someone who has spent nights in every city you mentioned...I can see the appeal to these kids (especially that shithole Newark....Lincoln is pretty nice).
Most of those towns are probably "nice"... but they ain't Chicago! And, I'm not saying what the kids did was justified, I'm just saying expecting them to sit in their rooms studying film is not reasonable and going out and seeing some of a great city isn't a crime or even wrong. Now, get back on time and don't do anything stupid, but by all means take advantage of an opportunity like that.

did you really use the term "credible rumors"... on the internet? Just from reading, I don't think anyone here knows for sure what happened. I can guess as well as anyone, and better than most, but that's all it is. Fully support and trust our head Coach in his actions.
Yes, when there are enough credible people saying the same thing, it’s usually the truth.

I fully support and trust him in this case as well. I have complete faith that he didn’t throw away a conference game by suspending 5 players for being a half hour late from site seeing as some here would have you believe.

Yes, when there are enough credible people saying the same thing, it’s usually the truth.

I fully support and trust him in this case as well. I have complete faith that he didn’t throw away a conference game by suspending 5 players for being a half hour late from site seeing as some here would have you believe.
and who are these "credible people"? I'm at work and not scanning a bunch of stories or boards. What are the names of the sources you are referencing?

Stop it.

If you can't bring yourself to be home on time the night before a crucial game you deserve any and all consequences. Skipped curfew to see the damn Sears Tower? Could they not see it from the hotel room?

It does based on the other credible rumors going around. You really think Woody going to suspend 5 guys for being a half hour late to curfew after site seeing? Use your brain.
I didn't say a half hour or sightseeing. I said that all indications are that it was not weed. What Rabjohns is being told by a staffer and the fact they were dressed are "credible".

Feel free to contest anything I post but let's try to stick to what I actually post.

TIA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT