ADVERTISEMENT

Archie=Tom Crean

Couldn't be MORE disappointed. Looks like the Louisville game was the highlight of the year. Terrible!

2rjuum.jpg

Worst coach hire ever. Surpasses even the Clappy hire. There are junior high schoolers that shout better than the Hoosiers. What do they do at practice? Shoot 3 pointers, free throws. Obviously not!

Butler won many games with far less talent
its called length you morons. We have a 6'8" guy as our tallest starter. This is his second year and none of you idiots could do half as much with this team. I'm tired of the losing to but it makes it worse when I come to these forums and see all the loser posts. I do believe there was some on here that wanted Holtmann and what has he done, oh yeah lost four straight games. Just stfu and let the season play out.

At least TC had some signature wins and multiple Big Ten titles. Archie will be gone after next year. So should Fred Glass
Wow, you figured this out already without giving Archie a chance. You can have Crean - I think it takes most coaches 3 or 4 years to build a program, and Crean left the place in terrible shape. Get a grip.

its called length you morons. We have a 6'8" guy as our tallest starter. This is his second year and none of you idiots could do half as much with this team. I'm tired of the losing to but it makes it worse when I come to these forums and see all the loser posts. I do believe there was some on here that wanted Holtmann and what has he done, oh yeah lost four straight games. Just stfu and let the season play out.
Length? You have got to be shitting me. Guess fisher is an idiot too

I too get what you are saying about CAM. I think he kept TC's recruits around just to start out in good graces with the Indiana high school coaches. Didn't want to burn that bridge first thing. But man he has his hands tied behind is back trying to come up with anything beyond Morgan,Langford and Phinesee. Cupboard is just bare beyond these three. I do fault CAM for the lack of intensity and fundamentals this team displays. I am glad to give him four years to get his "group" of players in place. No inside presence or outside shooters. And that is pathetic at IU.

What about effort and motivation? That has nothing to do with height.

This team is a reflection of its coach:

DEER-IN-THE-HEADLIGHTS !!!!

Archie looks out of it. Big mistake. I was a big supporter of the hire.

Reactions: IUgradman
Length? You have got to be shitting me. Guess fisher is an idiot too
Yeah length helps defend and rebound. When you have a 6'8" guy guarding a seven footer it's a problem. Harm may not be the best at scoring but he blocks shots and rebounds. I know this team isn't very good at shooting three's. The fact this team can't shoot free throws well is astonishing. It'slike this team just doesn't get in the gym for extra shooting and free throws.

you know which official thread this blongs under!
Archie Apologists Thread

Same kind of coach. Needs major talent to win.
Crean was totally focused on offense and ignored defense, and Archie appears to be totally focused on defense and ignores offense. IU doesn't appear to have an offensive philosophy. I hope it's the Jimmy and Joe's. But, the more time that goes by, the more it's on the coach.

Last edited:
What about effort and motivation? That has nothing to do with height.

This team is a reflection of its coach:

DEER-IN-THE-HEADLIGHTS !!!!

Archie looks out of it. Big mistake. I was a big supporter of the hire.
So lets blame the coach because players ncan't shoot free throws or make three point shots when they're wide open. The only things you can blame Archie for is sitting those players and putting someone in who wants to give it his all. I for one am all for mixing it up and starting others if it will help get on the winning track again.

Reactions: channi
Crean was totally focused on offense and ignore defense, and Archie appears to be totally focused on defense and ignores offense. IU doesn't appear to have an offensive philosophy. I hope it's the Jimmy and Joe's. But, the more time that goes by, the more it's on the coach.
what abt defense is so good?

Crean was totally focused on offense and ignore defense, and Archie appears to be totally focused on defense and ignores offense. IU doesn't appear to have an offensive philosophy. I hope it's the Jimmy and Joe's. But, the more time that goes by, the more it's on the coach.
yeah well when you miss wide open three after wideopen three it limits the offense because defenses aren't afraid of your outside shooting and packs the lane. It also is a problem when you shoot so bad from the free throw line. You don't win many games if you shoot as bad as we did from the line.

Reactions: Sassy61
The only good thing about this time is it makes it easy to know who to put on ignore.

I too get what you are saying about CAM. I think he kept TC's recruits around just to start out in good graces with the Indiana high school coaches. Didn't want to burn that bridge first thing. But man he has his hands tied behind is back trying to come up with anything beyond Morgan,Langford and Phinesee. Cupboard is just bare beyond these three. I do fault CAM for the lack of intensity and fundamentals this team displays. I am glad to give him four years to get his "group" of players in place. No inside presence or outside shooters. And that is pathetic at IU.
I agree with the lack of intensity and he should sit those players until they figure it out but I think the players should be tired of losing by now and step up there play withou being told to do it. I do think he needs to sit some players until they get their heads out of their asses and start playing winning basketball.

You mean like the major talent he had at Dayton that went to the elite 8. How about the Dayton team that only had 7 scholarship players and no one over 6'6 and still went to the tournament.
He took an A10 team to the tourney? Congrats Scott. In 7 years you can copy/paste your posts that we’ll never get anything better than this.

He took an A10 team to the tourney? Congrats Scott. In 7 years you can copy/paste your posts that we’ll never get anything better than this.
Same with you because you have posted nothing but negative post on this board for years. Like I said before I wa snot for this hire but will give him a chance before I make a judgement on his coaching. You will never say a positive thing about anything and the only reason you come here is to be a troll.

Same with you because you have posted nothing but negative post on this board for years. Like I said before I wa snot for this hire but will give him a chance before I make a judgement on his coaching. You will never say a positive thing about anything and the only reason you come here is to be a troll.
I was very positive before Crean and Archie came along. How can you be positive with those two clowns?

At this point I’d give Crean a 5 year contract if my only choices were that or continue with Archie.

It’s painful to watch our offensive struggles with a NBA lottery pick and another all conference big.

I too get what you are saying about CAM. I think he kept TC's recruits around just to start out in good graces with the Indiana high school coaches. Didn't want to burn that bridge first thing.
none of these Crean recruits were Indiana high school players.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Alot of us just were happy to see crean gone but so far i see no difference. Same results.

Reactions: cryano
I was very positive before Crean and Archie came along. How can you be positive with those two clowns?

At this point I’d give Crean a 5 year contract if my only choices were that or continue with Archie.

It’s painful to watch our offensive struggles with a NBA lottery pick and another all conference big.

I've heard it said that Archie's system is comparable to Tony Bennett's. If you were a UVA fan would you have been calling for his head after year 2 or 3? I believe they were pretty mediocre until year 5 when he got them rolling and they've been rolling ever since.

Reactions: channi
I've heard it said that Archie's system is comparable to Tony Bennett's. If you were a UVA fan would you have been calling for his head after year 2 or 3? I believe they were pretty mediocre until year 5 when he got them rolling and they've been rolling ever since.
Do I really have to explain the challenges at VA vs IU?

The teams they inherited?

The competitive disadvantages they have with recruiting compared to IU?

Wow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT