ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know why DeVonte is not going to Northwestern with the team?

Failed drug test. Three game suspension if so.
This would explain some of his decision making on the court. "I was going to make the right pass, but I will do it tomorrow". I'm assuming pot is his drug of choice. Did they keep a bag of chips on the bench? Of course that would implicate the IU staff. This season started out with a lot of hope but is now a blown one. Too many injuries and now this.

Yes, a good thing, but not as good of thing as not having foul and three point line shooters. There's a reason IU is one of the top 2-pt field goal shooting teams in the country. Have you seen our players dunk? It's quite a show, a real crowd-pleasing performance....for the disgruntled fans in the stands having to watch the sh*t-show they've been forced to view, just because they're the loyal ones. I do hope we win tonight, I really do. If not, I'll still watch on Friday night, just with not as much interest so as not to get so upset that I have a restless night of sleep, like just about any defeat did back in the days of The Disciplinarian, as a relatively few of us here still recall.
dumb

This would explain some of his decision making on the court. "I was going to make the right pass, but I will do it tomorrow". I'm assuming pot is his drug of choice. Did they keep a bag of chips on the bench? Of course that would implicate the IU staff. This season started out with a lot of hope but is now a blown one. Too many injuries and now this.
dumber

Did he transfer? I'm hearing he quit and transferred.

Anyone hearing the same...
We can only hope. If true, and it appears it is, a selfish jerk who disrespected his coaches and teammates. He always seems to think he’s better than he actually is, and also seems to resist being coached up. Addition by subtraction.

Reactions: ufo33 and T.M.P.
We can only hope. If true, and it appears it is, a selfish jerk who disrespected his coaches and teammates. He always seems to think he’s better than he actually is, and also seems to resist being coached up. Addition by subtraction.
Where are you hearing this from? I heard second hand that is was stated on 1070 but found nothing anywhere. Just want to be sure before I celebrate.

Rumor is heating up.....

I like to say things from the heart and if they just happen to be original thoughts, so the better. I say what others think without saying...not ALL others, but a lot of others. We're all starting to have some doubts about this team, the fanbase and the support. Shout out loud right now, "We're Not Gonna Be Duped Again!" If enough people participate, it just might happen as likely as if it didn't happen. No, gotta stay positive on Archie here. I just have to get my entertainment in different ways than what little I've been getting on the TV screen. Stay tuned in other ways IU.

If the NCAA made aspirin a banned substance, it wouldn't matter if it was legal.

I was told there is a lot of testing done at tournaments where a lot of teams can be tested. They don't travel to a kid's house in the off season or show up at the university during the summer. If you play college basketball, you will know when testing can occur.
Obviously Green didn't care if he failed a drug test, and let the team down.

Anyone hoping he leaves in hopes that it helps our team is completely misinformed. We’re already thin at guard and he’s one of our better playmakers. How in the world would this help? Especially next year.

And anyone wishing ill will against a 21 year old is a complete loser. Have some class.

Only a dumbass would use drugs during a season. They know they can be pulled aside at any moment and be tested. My cousin played D2 basketball at Illinois-Springfield. After a game I was at, an NCAA official followed him into the locker room to be tested. It isn't just D1 players, but anyone can be tested.

It would piss me off if I am busting my ass to have a good season and learn someone is smoking weed or something else and risking suspension. I can't remember a season we have had with a positive drug test being successful. I would test the entire team. I want to know who the dumbass players are. If they are dumb off the court they are generally dumb on it.

Troy Williams, Stan Robinson, Hollowell, Hanner. Green fits in nicely with this group.

If you tested the entire team we wouldn’t have a team. On second thought, you’re right, they do need to test everyone. Then we could get this shit show of a season over early.

Only a dumbass would use drugs during a season. They know they can be pulled aside at any moment and be tested. My cousin played D2 basketball at Illinois-Springfield. After a game I was at, an NCAA official followed him into the locker room to be tested. It isn't just D1 players, but anyone can be tested.

It would piss me off if I am busting my ass to have a good season and learn someone is smoking weed or something else and risking suspension. I can't remember a season we have had with a positive drug test being successful. I would test the entire team. I want to know who the dumbass players are. If they are dumb off the court they are generally dumb on it.

Troy Williams, Stan Robinson, Hollowell, Hanner. Green fits in nicely with this group.
ellis, bassett, fat boy, holman, crawford and everyone else on that team not named gordon or stemler

There is a window in the year you can use all the drugs you want and not worry about a test. I kind of hope it happened during the holiday break. Players returning home to a state with legal weed is a new thing to worry about. Fitzner, Davis?
i wonder if you can be suspended by the ncaa for testing positive for weed in a state where it is recreationally legal? probably. that will end up in a court room

I wonder if this is a team / university commitment during an athletic season? And irregardless if you used a banned substance in Indiana that is legal somewhere else, it is likely in the fine print in the agreement, that you are ineligible for at least 3 games. Legalizing weed in individual states does not make it legal in the entire United States. And it does not over-rule an agreed upon legal document for urine testing. It would be like if I visted Colorado or California and used legal weed in those states, then came back from vacation and got drug tested, I would still lose my security clearance and my job.
but you would likely win in court for being fired for participating in a perfectly legal activity

i wonder if you can be suspended by the ncaa for testing positive for weed in a state where it is recreationally legal? probably. that will end up in a court room
The policy was already likely vetted by the NCAA legal team from every angle of legality in every state. You fail drug test. You sit out.

Last edited:
but you would likely win in court for being fired for participating in a perfectly legal activity
No. I would not win in court. U.S. Security Clearances have their own set of rules, including jobs tied to them. Alcohol is also perfectly legal and can also get me fired.

I literally just said yesterday that we need to move Romeo to PG to try and shake things up. This kind of forces that hand a little. If Devonte is truly suspended or transferring, good riddance. Just foolish.
romeo can't play point because he neither dribbles or passes well enough. try to remember his great passes from this season. i can't think of one. bringing the ball up the court does not make one a point guard

Reactions: BigMobe and T.M.P.
you heard wrong. he may have quit but he could not transfer the same day
Post I read stated 1070 reporting Green requested transfer and it was granted. This was soon followed by his twitter stating "wishes granted" which was deleted minutes later. Only reason I posted a rumor was to see if others had heard similar. Not getting my hopes up until I hear something official.

Last edited:
romeo can't play point because he neither dribbles or passes well enough. try to remember his great passes from this season. i can't think of one. bringing the ball up the court does not make one a point guard
But he can still be the lead guard with the ball in his hands on PnR looking to score instead of facilitate with Phin off the ball looking for catch and shoot. .

Reactions: ufo33
If the NCAA made aspirin a banned substance, it wouldn't matter if it was legal.

I was told there is a lot of testing done at tournaments where a lot of teams can be tested. They don't travel to a kid's house in the off season or show up at the university during the summer. If you play college basketball, you will know when testing can occur.
it would matter if it couldn't hold up in court.

No. I would not win in court. U.S. Security Clearances have their own set of rules, including jobs tied to them. Alcohol is also perfectly legal and can also get me fired.
you can get fired for having a beer?

Post I read stated 1070 reporting Green requested transfer and it was granted. This was soon followed by his twitter stating "wishes granted" which was deleted minutes later. Only reason I posted a rumor was to see if others had heard similar. Not getting my hopes up until I hear something official.
wow

But he can still be the lead guard with the ball in his hands on PnR looking to score instead of facilitate with Phin off the ball looking for catch and shoot. .
still not a point guard, just romeo bringing the ball up the court

stay in your lane preacher

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
still not a point guard, just romeo bringing the ball up the court
Agreed ..

fwiw Golden State is a good example, Curry plays off the ball as much as on it and leads the team in scoring but is third in assists. He's not the main facilitator Green is but he's still the PG.

Agreed ..

fwiw Golden State is a good example, Curry plays off the ball as much as on it and leads the team in scoring but is third in assists. He's not the main facilitator Green is but he's still the PG.
no longer watch the nba so i will take your word for it. was a warriors fan for a long time when they sucked

ellis, bassett, fat boy, holman, crawford and everyone else on that team not named gordon or stemler
I miss Holman’s threads. Now, that man knew how to dress and wasn’t afraid to let you know it. This is based upon my memory of him standing in a swank, with swank maybe not being the right word, outfit outside of the inner circle in huddle before him. Black and red trousers/vest thing, maybe suspenders, I don’t know but in Assembly Hall. All this with shoes to boot! A hoot it was. Surely I’m not the only one who remembers that particular get-up. It was great and I loved it. We’re all sorry we missed the blossoming of Holman’s flower.

The policy was already likely vetted by the NCAA legal team from every angle of legality in every state. You fail drug test. You sit out.
true, but only a matter until this gets challenged in court. maybe in pro sports or a corporate firing. get fired for testing positive for weed while working at home depot in colorado? let's see that one play out in court. eventually courts are companies are going to have to fall in line and get used to the idea that it is as legal as beer now

This program is a complete dumpster fire. One embarrassment after another. Where is the leadership?

Last edited:
will be tried in local courts first, right? i'm not a legal expert, just speculating

No. If a federal prosecutor wanted to charge you with possessing marijuana in Denver, they can do so. They just don't bother.

In the southern district of Indiana, they don't file possession on 100 pounds of it. They don't care. But it's still illegal--everywhere--by federal statute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT