ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone get a helmet or jersey at the auction?

https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...jpg?width=285&height=175&fit=bounds&crop=fill No, but last week I got this sweeta$$ Dimitric Camiel game worn jersey, & this is the best one we've ever worn, imo. The "Hep's Rock" jersey with the script logo & limestone finish, etc. Only paid a total of about 80$, which is a STEAL for this....this could easily have commanded $200+. &, it's 3XL, so I can actually wear it, if I choose, which...I'll choose carefully, but most of these jerseys are way too small to wear casually. That sale you referenced was a rare treat, but man they're asking a lot for those helmets(imo), starting at $250, but it's good coin for the cause I suppose.

Last edited:
https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...jpg?width=285&height=175&fit=bounds&crop=fill No, but last week I got this sweeta$$ Dimitric Camiel game worn jersey, & this is the best one we've ever worn, imo. The "Hep's Rock" jersey. with the script logo & limestone finish, etc. Only paid a total of about 80$, which is a STEAL for this....this could easily have commanded $200+. &, it's 3XL, so I can actually wear it, if I choose, which...I'll choose carefully, but most of these jerseys are way too small to wear casually. That sale you referenced was a rare treat, but man they're asking a lot for those helmets(imo), starting at $250, but it's good coin for the cause I suppose.
Dude that jersey is dope and the price you paid was a steal. I am a little concerned on the jersey as they are tight fitting now days so I will have to make sure the company i am sending to pick it up picks a lineman number or the jersey is going on display.

Sadly the helmets went for more than I wanted but had to have one. I got lucky on the one I got, which was in perfect condition, was around 370 (460 with fees), but the others were going for 450-500 before even the fees and taxes tacked on. I just thank god they werent any chrome helmets for sale. Easily would have went up to 2k for one of those.

What is the good cause that these are going towards?

Dude that jersey is dope and the price you paid was a steal. I am a little concerned on the jersey as they are tight fitting now days so I will have to make sure the company i am sending to pick it up picks a lineman number or the jersey is going on display.

Sadly the helmets went for more than I wanted but had to have one. I got lucky on the one I got, which was in perfect condition, was around 370 (460 with fees), but the others were going for 450-500 before even the fees and taxes tacked on. I just thank god they werent any chrome helmets for sale. Easily would have went up to 2k for one of those.

What is the good cause that these are going towards?
IU Education was the cause, but yeah, this jersey is as good as it gets at IU. There were 2 to choose between, the other was an A'shawn Riggins jersey, but I chose this one because of the size. Most times I wouldn't plan on wearing them, but I will this one on occasion. It's too sweet to keep hidden, plus with it not being white I'm not as concerned about staining it. The helmets are cool, but that design isn't quite my favorite, the ones we're wearing now, satin finish, I would be willing pay much more for, but regardless, in a year or 2 they'll pop up on EBAY & elsewhere for much less coin..

Reactions: red hornet
Yesterday I drove down and picked out a #57 Harry Crider jersey, a 3XL. There were hundreds to go through and I only ran across a couple of the full-time starters numbers. After trying it on I doubt I'll want to be seen wearing it in public. I'm 6'0"- 215 with a 35 inch waist - not much of a gut - and it's really, really tight. Plus, I was surprised how heavy the material was. It would not be comfortable on a warm day. I'm planning to mat it, frame it and hang it on the wall in the cave. The gal at Surplus said with the prices helmets have been going for she's now expecting nothing less than $400 for a helmet. Out of about 30 helmets I saw going up for auction, only two had a player's number on the back. For me, unless there's a number on the back so it can be associated with a player, I'm not about to pay that much. You can buy some pro-player signed and authenticated game day helmets for that much. Glad to get the jersey and that it's going to a good cause. Now, when Crider gets to the pros and plays in the Pro Bowl....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT