ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone actually think we'll get Mullins?

Mullins to UCONN. Fire Woodson after this season and get Brad Stevens. It’s time to dominate in football and basketball.
can we all just agree, once and for all, that he-who-shall-not-be named is never going to coach at IU? And then stop mentioning his name in these 'what's next for us' discussions?

That shipped sailed over a decade ago. We had a slim chance, an opening, during CTC's 2nd-3rd year floundering, but signing Cody gave him a reprieve, and that was that.

can we all just agree, once and for all, that he-who-shall-not-be named is never going to coach at IU? And then stop mentioning his name in these 'what's next for us' discussions?

That shipped sailed over a decade ago. We had a slim chance, an opening, during CTC's 2nd-3rd year floundering, but signing Cody gave him a reprieve, and that was that.
Supposedly that Stevens stuff isn’t true. At this point nobody really knows. Let’s see what Dolson gets done in a couple of years. Hey!!! We got a football program now!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: redrocker5
Supposedly that Stevens stuff isn’t true. At this point nobody really knows. Let’s see what Dolson gets done in a couple of years. Hey!!! We got a football program now!!!!
And only football content going forward on this site! IU = Football school now. Women's hoops and football have the best of the best! That once proud machine of a basketball program no longer exist thanks to the losers who run the BOT.

Reactions: kmathum
I don't know what will happen, but I don't know how a coach can recruit '25 and especially '26 with a contract expiring in '26. Recruits are going to wonder who will be their coach after one or two years, and also why the coach they're committing to didn't get a new contract. It's messy.
I don’t think Woodson, at his age, was ever perceived as anything other than a hopeful quick fix to right this shit…excuse me, SHIP with his Bob Knight and NBA connections. It’s still in slow sink from my perspective, on distant shore.

And only football content going forward on this site! IU = Football school now. Women's hoops and football have the best of the best! That once proud machine of a basketball program no longer exist thanks to the losers who run the BOT.
Never in my lifetime did I imagine IU would morph from a basketball school to one of football dominance…that is, until now as a 63 year follower, still counting.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Who needs great NIL? IU has great NIL??? How is it working? I think most players want to WIN! Michigan will be the surprise of the BT. From all indications May can build a team and coach! I think IU needs to spend more NIL on their football program.
I think it's now safe to conclude that you're the latest incarnation of Ducati, Twin Degrees, etc.

I guess define underachieving. Buckner and Co will no doubt find a 3-5 B1G finish and a S16 to be a roaring success.
A Sweet Sixteen will save Woodson. Anything less and I expect he will be pushed out. And I don’t expect IU to make the Sweet Sixteen. The talent is there, the coaching is not.

Last edited:
Would be underachieving once again given that we clearly have the best roster in the league along with an easy schedule.
As we know, best rosters don’t always equate to best team. Maybe we should just hope this roster is so talented with 6 players averaging over 10 pts/game, even Mike can’t screw it up.

Basketball expectations are always high at IU, thanks to RMK. It’s been the demise of many IU coaches this past quarter century and still counting.

How many rabbits can Woody keep pulling from beneath his top hat before the bunnies run out, figuratively speaking?

Woody has done nothing to win over the coaches in Indiana or Indy elite.
Portal will be only way Woody recruits well, he isn’t a relationship guy at all.
Mental and physical energy is required to establish and maintain those relationships. Immersed in the NBA culture, doors are opened for you. In the college game, the hungry succeed.

Reactions: bsmitty08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT