ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody from Rockport?

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
Saw in the credits of We Were Soldiers that one of the soldiers who died in that battle was from Rockport. Age range would be about the same as Zebra and MTIOTF, although more likely Zebra's since MTIOTF only looks and acts old, whereas Zebra really is old . . . .

Saw in the credits of We Were Soldiers that one of the soldiers who died in that battle was from Rockport. Age range would be about the same as Zebra and MTIOTF, although more likely Zebra's since MTIOTF only looks and acts old, whereas Zebra really is old . . . .
No, but for about a year I was nailing a girl from Chrisney. Does that count?

I bet it wasn't Rooster Poot.

My dad taught there in 65 and we would've known if a town kid died in Nam.

There are Rockports in Maine, Texas and Kentucky. Probably others. Sure you got the state right?

I'll pay closer attention next time . . . but I'm pretty sure that it was Rockport IN.

You should print this out, cause I'll probably never say it again:

You were right.

DONALD LEWIS HARRISON, 24, from Rockport, was killed 11/15/65 - second day of the battle.

He would have been a Rockport Zebra, not a South Spencer Rebel.

RIP.

You were right.

DONALD LEWIS HARRISON, 24, from Rockport, was killed 11/15/65 - second day of the battle.

RIP.
I talked to a Vet tonight who said he was form Chrisney. If he was 25 when he was KIA then he graduated in 61. Dad would of taught him. That work is required reading at the Army Officers basic course.

I talked to a Vet tonight who said he was form Chrisney. If he was 25 when he was KIA then he graduated in 61. Dad would of taught him. That work is required reading at the Army Officers basic course.

A guy on Facebook said he grew up in Rockport. If he moved to Chrisney and graduated in 61, Dad would have known him there.

You were right.

RIP.

RIP indeed.

I was just a little kid when we lived next door to the family of JOHN ROBERT ARRINGTON, who was 19 when he was killed in Viet Nam two days after Christmas, 1967. Tore the family up . . . I'm not sure that they ever really recovered from it.

The family called him "J.R." instead of John or Robert or John Robert. He was in high school when we lived next door, joined the service upon graduation from high school at age 17 . . . he was the first soldier from our county killed in Nam.

https://army.togetherweserved.com/a...App?cmd=ShadowBoxProfile&type=Person&ID=38657

RIP indeed.

I was just a little kid when we lived next door to the family of JOHN ROBERT ARRINGTON, who was 19 when he was killed in Viet Nam two days after Christmas, 1967. Tore the family up . . . I'm not sure that they ever really recovered from it.

The family called him "J.R." instead of John or Robert or John Robert. He was in high school when we lived next door, joined the service upon graduation from high school at age 17 . . . he was the first soldier from our county killed in Nam.

https://army.togetherweserved.com/a...App?cmd=ShadowBoxProfile&type=Person&ID=38657
I deal with several men in my church who were veterans of Vietnam. They've had a rough time of it especially the attitude of the country when they came back. It was not a hero's welcome for many of them.

I was a youngster at the time, but one of if not the first KIAs from our county was a guy that had worked as a farm laborer for my dad for several summers. From that point on my Goldwater Republican dad never supported the war (but still thought the anti-war movement was wrong and "unpatriotic").

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT