ADVERTISEMENT

Any big visitors this weekend?

Jan 18, 2021
I know there is probably some information scattered across various threads, but I’m interested to see if the staff is taking advantage of the excitement and bringing in some players. What a time to have Juju visit in the wake of the USC implosion!

Anyone have any names that will be hosted?

What could we use in its place? Leaning? Maybe? Possibly? Likely? Any suggestions?
Rev share starts next year. I’d like players to sign their employment agreements with the school they pick whenever they want. Those are binding. Instead of these commits, leans, whatever, they can announce they signed and that’s that.

I don’t know what will actually happen. National Letters of Intent are going away and something is going to replace them.

Rev share starts next year. I’d like players to sign their employment agreements with the school they pick whenever they want. Those are binding. Instead of these commits, leans, whatever, they can announce they signed and that’s that.

I don’t know what will actually happen. National Letters of Intent are going away and something is going to replace them.
I don't know. If you sign these guys to a contact and they don't pan out, you still have to pay them right? We might be better off sticking to what we have now.

I don't know. If you sign these guys to a contact and they don't pan out, you still have to pay them right? We might be better off sticking to what we have now.
Schools can sign them to one or two years or more. There could be buyouts if the player voluntarily leaves or if the player is cut. If they get in trouble off the field that could have monetary repercussions. IMO these guys are pros now, so formalize it with real contracts.

Just my opinion on what could happen to cut down on commits/decommits, mid season departures to redshirt and xfer, and end of year xfers. TBD what happens in real life next year.

Reactions: red hornet
Schools can sign them to one or two years or more. There could be buyouts if the player voluntarily leaves or if the player is cut. If they get in trouble off the field that could have monetary repercussions. IMO these guys are pros now, so formalize it with real contracts.

Just my opinion on what could happen to cut down on commits/decommits, mid season departures to redshirt and xfer, and end of year xfers. TBD what happens in real life next year.
One year contracts. That might work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT