ADVERTISEMENT

Coach's Pay

If things keep going well this year I could see some things being done after the season is over.

It’s not just HC salary. It’s increasing NIL, $ for staff, and delivering on facility improvements (to the extent we can). All of this gives the HC more to work with and makes the job more appealing.

I believe we are all hopeful Coach Cig and staff get nice big raises after the season. Currently a bargain at $4.25 million.

When you consider CTA got $5 mil/each of the last 3 seasons for winning a TOTAL of 3 BT games, PLUS his $15 mil Golden Parachute, Cig has ALREADY EQUALED that number his first 3 games!! Pay the man!!

Although it's private, I will be increasing my NIL this year-end.
If we keep this up, donors are going to get more and more excited. I could see NIL increasing 50% or more next year. Pure guess — but if this keeps up the program change is pretty dramatic vs last year. More NIL would be huge and give this staff more firepower to execute on their program strategy.

Last edited:
If we keep this up, donors are going to get more and more excited. I could see NIL increasing 50% or more next year. Pure guess — but if this keeps up the program change is pretty dramatic vs last year. That would be huge and give this staff more firepower to execute on their program strategy.
Also soundly believe Dolson has his blueprint going forward for IUFB success. He possesses all the inside baseball info for establishing priorities.

If things keep going well this year I could see some things being done after the season is over.

It’s not just HC salary. It’s increasing NIL, $ for staff, and delivering on facility improvements (to the extent we can). All of this gives the HC more to work with and makes the job more appealing.

I get the impression, rightly or wrongly, that the bolded above will matter more to Cig than his personal salary. Hopefully, this will be his destination job, and he'll stay as long as he feels he's getting all the support he needs to be successful.

That said, at some point the "arms race" in coaching salaries and all the rest is going to stop. The growth is unsustainable. We just need to stay relevant until that happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT