ADVERTISEMENT

any accordion music lovers?

would have never figured you to be interested in the accordion
I don't listen to accordion music a lot, but it is decent. I'll even open up more. What I really enjoy is a bell choir. When I was a student at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago they would have the bell choir and I got so excited some of the other students would tease me about it. "Van, guess what they have going on today in chapel? Yes, it's the bell choir". Have you ever seen one live? What is really cool is that all of these people have a part to play and they have to be succinct or else can throw off the other players. It's really a great example of team work. And it is beautiful to hear.

Reactions: outside shooter
Who doesn't like accordion music?

EjdiIK7.jpg

Last edited:
It is said that a gentleman is a person who knows how to play the accordion, but chooses not to.
pffft

I don't know where I heard or read this but the squeeze box made its way to Mexico from Germany. As the story goes there was a large German immigrant population somewhere along the Mexican border, So. Cal. I believe. Of course the Germans and Mexicans didn't mix, racism and all, except for the musicians who would cross the border to watch and listen to the each other play. As for Zydeco, I think that's a different story.

One of the distinctive features of the early ESB was the uniqueness of Clarence's tenor sax and Danny's accordion playing on a song like Sandy. It's what gave the band their Jersey shore beach vibe...

Charlie Giordano stepped in after Danny's death, and now plays both organ and accordion. He's featured, along with Soozie's fiddle on this offbeat sign request for a cover of this Cajun classic. The guy in the green shirt with the sign resembles me from the back, but of all the signs I've made for nights I was in the Pit I've never requested a cover. Far too many originals I've yet to hear live...

Reactions: Brockway
We used to have an annual party at our cottage on Lake James. After the first year I banned the accordion. Fast forward 20 years to our last party, I told them to bring it back and they did. For the encore they played Smoke on the Water led by the accordion player. It was special!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT