ADVERTISEMENT

Another Impressive High School Player From Northern Indiana

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
Is Gavin Betten, a Sophomore from Manchester High School. He's averaging 20 PPG 12 RPG this year and has double-doubles in 4 of Manchester's 5 games (and 17 in his career). His most recent double-double was this past Saturday (14 points 12 rebounds) in Manchester's 50-36 win over Huntington North (former Hoosier Sean Kline's high school alma mater).

Is Gavin Betten, a Sophomore from Manchester High School. He's averaging 20 PPG 12 RPG this year and has double-doubles in 4 of Manchester's 5 games (and 17 in his career). His most recent double-double was this past Saturday (14 points 12 rebounds) in Manchester's 50-36 win over Huntington North (former Hoosier Sean Kline's high school alma mater).
Height?

He's a very good HS player. If he doesn't grow any more, I'd guess he'll end up NAIA/D2 type of kid. But good, 6'6, sophomores don't grow on trees. Manchester is very fortunate to have him for 2 1/2 more years.

These days, anything north of I-70 seems to gravitate that way. South of I-70 and it's still a crapshoot for IU.
We’ve always had a lot of Purdue grads in Southern Indiana. We were able to keep them quiet. Since they’ve been whooping our ass they are getting vocal. Lol.

We’ve always had a lot of Purdue grads in Southern Indiana. We were able to keep them quiet. Since they’ve been whooping our ass they are getting vocal. Lol.
I've noticed a recent uptick in PU gear being worn here in south central IN...PU grads sporting their colors like peacocks in heat. I see where PU is now #1 in the CBS college bball poll. That won't hold up until Feb 4th when they come calling to AH.

Reactions: stollcpa
He's a very good HS player. If he doesn't grow any more, I'd guess he'll end up NAIA/D2 type of kid. But good, 6'6, sophomores don't grow on trees. Manchester is very fortunate to have him for 2 1/2 more years.
Has an offer from Huntington already, will be interesting to see if he develops into a D-1 player

Can this kid be a Fletcher Loyer? I don’t remember IU even recruiting the kid.

I think if he can start knocking down 3's more consistantly, he might be getting more looks from D-1 schools.

Last edited:
Loyer spent the majority of his childhood living in the Detroit suburbs where his dad was an assistant for the Pistons. Loyer's mom is originally from the Lafayette area from a very pro-Purdue family. Her sister (Loyer's Aunt) is the volleyball coach at Fort Wayne Concordia. The family's move to the Fort Wayne area was prompted by the Loyer's youngest daughter to play volleyball for her Aunt. Fletcher spent a year in Indiana at Homestead and committed to Purdue 5 months before Archie Miller was fired while still playing in Michigan.

Loyer spent the majority of his childhood living in the Detroit suburbs where his dad was an assistant for the Pistons. Loyer's mom is originally from the Lafayette area from a very pro-Purdue family. Her sister (Loyer's Aunt) is the volleyball coach at Fort Wayne Concordia. The family's move to the Fort Wayne area was prompted by the Loyer's youngest daughter to play volleyball for her Aunt. Fletcher spent a year in Indiana at Homestead and committed to Purdue 5 months before Archie Miller was fired while still playing in Michigan.
Thanks for info !

As a MHS grad, with family still in town, it’s good to see some press. They were good several years ago, but I don’t think they’ve had much success in recent years. Go squires!

Reactions: Sobchak_Security
I lived in that general area. For Manchester to get a win against Huntington North is a BIG DEAL! I've seen that kid play before and thought he looked pretty good.

Doubt he is D1 but a nice small school high school player

Gotta be a Rupley:) I graduated with your dad and played golf with him this summer.
Yessir! I am the oldest. How many golf balls did he end up throwing?? Or did you play a scramble and always use someone else’s shot?? Vbg

Last edited:
I haven't been there in a while, but Manchester has another great tenderloin place to try, "The Inn". I get one every time I come to town!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT