ADVERTISEMENT

another elementary school shooting

Sorry.

It makes no sense to allow manufacture and sale of far more guns than necessary to satisfy the Second Amendment and then claim the solution is just to "Keep guns OUT of the hands of the sickos," in some mysterious manner that is never explained or described.

That's like saying everybody has a right to piss in the drinking water, unless too many people (never defined) piss in the drinking water.

There are far too many guns and the gunlovers never tell us what they are going to do to prevent mass shootings of little kids with the guns and shootings the gunlovers always claim are absolutely protected by the Second Amendment.

So, please tell us ORG: what do you propose to prevent such shootings of little kids? (Hint: No one but a gunlover gives a shit that the shooter may be successfully prosecuted after killing 14 little kids.)
Not to trivialize this incident but what language do you speak? It isn't English anyone else can understand that is for sure.

Right guns have nothing to do with it. Yet guns seem to be the weapon of choice when people choose to go on a rampage.
Darrell Brooks used a vehicle. Others use knives.

The larger problem is society. We systematically degrade families. Most of these shooters are loners, outcasts, have no adult male influence, are from dysfunctional homes and angry. Youth suicide is at an all time high. Youth mental health issues are brushed aside. Drugs are all over the place. Too many see government as a surrogate loving family. I think it’s reasonable to assume that Remos was so angry and distraught that he decided to end his life while making others feel like him.

There will most certainly be politicized calls for gun control, hard school defenses, armed school staff, and other bandaids. None of that will be very effective. We have a systematic social problem and we can’t hide that fact with the political racial and identity diversionary side shows that dominates education. .

Every kid has a mom and a dad. That’s inarguable. We need to develop, support, and nurture that relationship.

Reactions: stollcpa and ulrey
Put a tax on bullets like gas tax. I bet at $100 a bullet there would be a lot less mass shootings.
I was thinking we should tax $X per gun to finance the metal detectors, bulletproof glass and other security measures that unrestricted guns (and nothing else) have made necessary in order to protect the people in all of our public buildings.

Gunlovers always oppose each and every proposal to reduce manufacture of guns or enhance restrictions on gun ownership. Let's see if the gunlovers really want to pay for the inevitable and foreseeable effects of their gun loving.

I wonder what security conditions existed in this school? Since Sandyhook happened elementary schools in Bloomington are essentially locked down with only teachers and students allowed past the main entrance. If I need to take my kid to the doctor I need to check in at the main office, through a secure window, by showing ID and then wait for them to bring him to me. I would assume it’s this way in most communities now.
They have been locked down before Sandyhook. The only thing that I disagree with is the new administration got rid of the off duty police that worked at the schools. My mother worked for the school system for years too. These schools are sitting ducks.

I was thinking we should tax $X per gun to finance the metal detectors, bulletproof glass and other security measures that unrestricted guns (and nothing else) have made necessary in order to protect the people in all of our public buildings.

Gunlovers always oppose each and every proposal to reduce manufacture of guns or enhance restrictions on gun ownership. Let's see if the gunlovers really want to pay for the inevitable and foreseeable effects of their gun loving.

Guns don't kill people though.

It's the bullets.

You tax the bullets then people wont have an excuse of claiming its for defending their home.

At $100 a pop it would still be worth shooting off 2-3 bullets to defend your loved ones. It may cause some marital issues in some cases by questioning if some are worth $100 or 200. But they will be rare.

But for mass shooters, they will need a lay-away plan if they want to shoot off like that fecker in Vegas right?

Ultimately something has to be done -- America just looks fractured or broken but generally just plain dumb. Nobody in the world has this issue.

The larger problem is society. We systematically degrade families. Most of these shooters are loners, outcasts, have no adult male influence, are from dysfunctional homes and angry. Youth suicide is at an all time high. Youth mental health issues are brushed aside. Drugs are all over the place. Too many see government as a surrogate loving family. I think it’s reasonable to assume that Remos was so angry and distraught that he decided to end his life while making others feel like him.

There will most certainly be politicized calls for gun control, hard school defenses, armed school staff, and other bandaids. None of that will be very effective. We have a systematic social problem and we can’t hide that fact with the political racial and identity diversionary side shows that dominates education. .

Every kid has a mom and a dad. That’s inarguable. We need to develop, support, and nurture that relationship.

Blah blah blah. YAWN. This is a boring argument.

Instead of proposing anything to reduce gun violence, the gun lovers typically say stuff like "It's just a society problem" or "Murderers can always use goldfish bowls or ballpoint pens or some other dangerous weapons to kill, so why should we do anything to prevent more inevitable gun violence that we all see coming?"

You have failed to disguise your wholehearted agreement with it by claiming "The larger problem is society." That is so vague that it means nothing more than "COHoosier sees no reason to reduce gun violence and shootings of little kids at school. It's just a society problem,"

Don't you have anything constructive to offer against the gun problem? Dazzle us next time.

Reactions: Bill4411
Blah blah blah. YAWN. This is a boring argument.

Instead of proposing anything to reduce gun violence, the gun lovers typically say stuff like "It's just a society problem" or "Murderers can always use goldfish bowls or ballpoint pens or some other dangerous weapons to kill, so why should we do anything to prevent more inevitable gun violence that we all see coming?"

You have failed to disguise your wholehearted agreement with it by claiming "The larger problem is society." That is so vague that it means nothing more than "COHoosier sees no reason to reduce gun violence and shootings of little kids at school. It's just a society problem,"

Don't you have anything constructive to offer against the gun problem? Dazzle us next time.
blah blah blah YAWN my ass.

Ive posted plenty about gun control.

If you don’t think these killers have social and mental problems in common, that’s fine. I don’t agree.

The truth is we know nothing about this shooting. We have no idea what gun laws would have made a difference. We don't know if this shooter was from a broken family or what societal influence played on him. We don't know if he had mental illness. So really knowing how to stop this shooting, other than making the school a fort, is just guesswork.

It is unimaginable what parents are going through tonight. Clearly something can and should be done to reduce these, but right now we have zero idea what could have prevented today.

The truth is we know nothing about this shooting. We have no idea what gun laws would have made a difference. We don't know if this shooter was from a broken family or what societal influence played on him. We don't know if he had mental illness. So really knowing how to stop this shooting, other than making the school a fort, is just guesswork.

It is unimaginable what parents are going through tonight. Clearly something can and should be done to reduce these, but right now we have zero idea what could have prevented today.
Deep thoughts.

Reactions: Bill4411
What do you think we should do about guns?
I think we’re way beyond anything meaningful happening. There are too many scared people in this country who think they need guns to protect themselves from some made up tyrannical government, their neighbors and the boogeyman.

Until people like that grow a pair, nothing will change.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
blah blah blah YAWN my ass.

Ive posted plenty about gun control.

If you don’t think these killers have social and mental problems in common, that’s fine. I don’t agree.
I am not going to look up your old posts. I repeat, "Don't you have anything constructive to offer against the gun problem? Dazzle us next time."

Saying "these killers have social and mental problems in common" is just a deflection.

Don't you have a solution to mass shootings?

All of that should be addressed, yes. And the insane ease of access to guns in this country needs to be addressed as well.

I am not going to look up your old posts. I repeat, "Don't you have anything constructive to offer against the gun problem? Dazzle us next time."

Saying "these killers have social and mental problems in common" is just a deflection.

The collective answer to this is a shrug and a sigh of relief that gun owners still have the option to shoot anyone they feel threatened by. Which is everyone.

Well, we have not done nothing. Many of the regulations the Democrats have supported have been enacted. The problem is that most of those regulations are simply pushing paper with no effect.
So, you admit you oppose "pushing paper with no effect."

Big deal. What solution do you actually support?

Guns don't kill people though.

It's the bullets.

You tax the bullets then people wont have an excuse of claiming its for defending their home.

At $100 a pop it would still be worth shooting off 2-3 bullets to defend your loved ones. It may cause some marital issues in some cases by questioning if some are worth $100 or 200. But they will be rare.

But for mass shooters, they will need a lay-away plan if they want to shoot off like that fecker in Vegas right?

Ultimately something has to be done -- America just looks fractured or broken but generally just plain dumb. Nobody in the world has this issue.
Uh, pointing an empty gun at someone is still assault with a deadly weapon. Please don't leave that loophole open.

Reactions: sglowrider
All of that should be addressed, yes. And the insane ease of access to guns in this country needs to be addressed as well.
And, the gun violence should be addressed independently, i.e. as its own separate issue,

The gunlovers always try to block gun remedies by saying gun violence should not be addressed unless all the other forms of violence are corrected at the same time,

They intentionally create an overly-complicated political issue that ensures nothing will be done about gun violence.

The collective answer to this is a shrug and a sigh of relief that gun owners still have the option to shoot anyone they feel threatened by. Which is everyone.
So, did this newest school shooter feel "threatened" by little kids at an elementary school 90 miles from his home? Surely, that's not what you meant.

They have been locked down before Sandyhook. The only thing that I disagree with is the new administration got rid of the off duty police that worked at the schools. My mother worked for the school system for years too. These schools are sitting ducks.
When you say “new administration” are you talking locally or did the feds do something to limit off duties at schools? Honest question. I assume most budgetary decisions are made at the local level (if that’s even why they don’t have a resource officer or off duty).

And, the gun violence should be addressed independently, i.e. as its own separate issue,

The gunlovers always try to block gun remedies by saying gun violence should not be addressed unless all the other forms of violence are corrected at the same time,

They intentionally create an overly-complicated political issue that ensures nothing will be done about gun violence.
i just wish we weren’t all beholden to a bunch of p*ssies who feel like they need the right to easily create an arsenal to fend off whatever it is they’re afraid of.

Maybe we need to reopen the mental institutions to help all the people dealing with severe paranoia.

So, did this newest school shooter feel "threatened" by little kids at an elementary school 90 miles from his home? Surely, that's not what you meant.
No.

The issue is that after a week or so of political chest thumping, status quo gun laws will remain in effect. That’s mostly because frightened people have a powerful gun lobby on their side to make sure it remains mind numbingly easy for anyone to get a gun.

Take away guns. That's the only answer you will really accept. What is the point of discussing?

Ted Cruz offering his deep regret for the shootings on the evening news but here is Ted on a different day. Greg Abbott a few years earlier, “I’m EMBARRASSED: Texas #2 in nation for new gun purchases, behind CALIFORNIA. Let’s pick up the pace Texans,”:

I think we have a lot of very weak legislators as one of our problems who pander to the public who aren't serious about doing anything.

Repeal immunity.

ban semi-auto for most long guns.

Magazine limits for semi-auto hand guns

Expand stop and frisk and expand grounds for confiscating guns.
If we repeal immunity some of these will resolve through economics. Especially magazine limits. Selling high volume magazines should carry high volume liability.

Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT