ADVERTISEMENT

And Tuttle Gets a Ring

Maybe they made good decisions? They caught a ton of crap here.
all depends on what their goals are. I imagine Barner has NFL aspirations and he did play a lot this season even if not the primary guy. So I’d say neutral.

Tuttle, I have to imagine he’s trying to parlay this experience to get into coaching or he was just comfortable being a backup on a team with championship aspirations, in which case def a good call.

all depends on what their goals are. I imagine Barner has NFL aspirations and he did play a lot this season even if not the primary guy. So I’d say neutral.

Tuttle, I have to imagine he’s trying to parlay this experience to get into coaching or he was just comfortable being a backup on a team with championship aspirations, in which case def a good call.
Compared to this year at IU? Good call is a massive massive understatement.

Compared to this year at IU? Good call is a massive massive understatement.
Again, depending on his goals were.

If he realizes the NFL is out of reach and he wanted a chance to play his last year of ball, bad call. If he wanted to win a natty, great call.

Reactions: vesuvius13
The real question is if UM vacates these wins because they are cheaters, do the players get to keep their rings?

Reactions: red hornet
Tough night for Penix. Never looked really "on", and then appeared to get hurt late. He played through it, but UM D-Line was jost too much. I wish him well... currently projected to be a mid first round pick. Minnesota perhaps?
He definitely battled and he's a great talent.

One thing that I noticed about last night that was so reminiscent to his time at IU is that he trusts his incredible arm too much. Especially when he's under pressure, he'll just let er rip. He's going to throw a LOT of picks in the NFL like that. When he's got time to throw he's really something else. When it starts getting away from him and his feet start getting unsettled, it can go downhill in a hurry.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
Again, depending on his goals were.

If he realizes the NFL is out of reach and he wanted a chance to play his last year of ball, bad call. If he wanted to win a natty, great call.
Allen, who was awful at QB management, was never going to give him the starting job. Ever.

His choices were:

1) hold the clipboard for IU, chance for 3 win season
2) hold the clipboard for UM, chance for B1G champ, Rose Bowl win, Natty

Not much of a choice.

When Brandon Peters left UM, he wanted to come here and Allen was afraid to bring him in. Fearing Penix would run away.. BP would have filled the void nicely. Allen was horrible in QB management and Hiller should have never been here!

The real question is if UM vacates these wins because they are cheaters, do the players get to keep their rings?
Has Bama returned any of their rings? For that fact, Bama shouldn't have even been in the playoffs but they sure showed up and attempted to play. So yeah, I think UM would keep their rings. ha

Reactions: bang63
Yes, but there's 0% chance he went to UM thinking he was going to supplant McCarthy. So that HAD to be his thought process.
Its a good school, he would get to experience what it's like at a national title contender, plus he could likely be the #2 and have a genuine shot to be next up if there was an injury behind a REAL offensive line. While he was at IU, he learned the 4th string QB was going to become the starter at some point due to injuries so we might've given him that thought process.

Take access to Jim Harbaugh’s football network vs Tom Allen’s football network 1000 times out of 1000 plus get out of the clown show that has been IU Football. No brainer for anyone interested in coaching.

I already posted this awhile back but I'll do it again...

Tuttle worked the current Portal system perfectly and should be recognized as one of the smartest guys to have played for either team... He's wrapping up his 2nd Masters Degree (I think it's some sort of International Business Masters) from Michigan (he got his undergraduate and 1st Masters here) while being exposed to coaching at the highest level...

The world is wide open to him no matter which path he may decide to explore... He'll be laughing all the way to the bank at those foolish enough to deride him as "clipboard Jack"...

He trashed a knee and a shoulder trying to help us win here, I think he's earned some respect at this end... Anyone who watched us play Michigan last Fall got to see what he could do behind a decent OL, with receivers that actually hung onto the ball, along with great coaching....

Last edited:
He definitely battled and he's a great talent.

One thing that I noticed about last night that was so reminiscent to his time at IU is that he trusts his incredible arm too much. Especially when he's under pressure, he'll just let er rip. He's going to throw a LOT of picks in the NFL like that. When he's got time to throw he's really something else. When it starts getting away from him and his feet start getting unsettled, it can go downhill in a hurry.
I was reading the osu o-zone forum after the game...one of the posters called him "the Indiana Penix".....in the words of the comic, Deja vu all over again.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT