ADVERTISEMENT

Amazing how dead this board is after a win

SIhoosier26

All-Big Ten
Sep 9, 2017
Good performance in the second half, feels good to have a coach who actually makes adjustments and changes the team's trajectory mid game on the fly.

Offense was inconsistent at times but this team has improved massively since the beginning of the season. They also play really hard.

Good performance in the second half, feels good to have a coach who actually makes adjustments and changes the team's trajectory mid game on the fly.

Offense was inconsistent at times but this team has improved massively since the beginning of the season. They also play really hard.
Missing our starting PG and the game didn’t get busted open with the reserves in. Ware sat quite a bit too.

Reactions: Willdog7
Yep, shooter conversation coming. Good road tough win but won’t translate to anything but we need shooters.

Reactions: kkott

Yeah, had we lose it would be filled with 50 new threads and 5k posts. But Michigan is the worst team in the country. So we should have won…

Yep, shooter conversation coming. Good road tough win but won’t translate to anything but we need shooters.
Pretty much. Any B1G road win is a great win. Unless it is IU… We got lucky that UM was off today.

Pretty much. Any B1G road win is a great win. Unless it is IU… We got lucky that UM was off today.
I just can't remember the last time we had a coach who actually made the right adjustments mid game.

People can say whatever they want about Woodson but his teams almost always play better in the second half.

One thing I would like to see is Mgbako getting more touches, outside of that I'm happy with the progress.

Lots of people have to sleep during this time. Consider that with the late start.

Reactions: kkott and Tscurlo
I just can't remember the last time we had a coach who actually made the right adjustments mid game.

People can say whatever they want about Woodson but his teams almost always play better in the second half.

One thing I would like to see is Mgbako getting more touches, outside of that I'm happy with the progress.
He's gotten better with his adjustments. And his plays out of TOs.

My favorite coaching move tonight was bringing in Mgbako to handle the ball and get fouled at the end. Crucial free throws shot by our best shooter.

He's gotten better with his adjustments. And his plays out of TOs.

My favorite coaching move tonight was bringing in Mgbako to handle the ball and get fouled at the end. Crucial free throws shot by our best shooter.
Was thinking the same thing on Mgbako.

Also the defensive game plan on McDaniel in this one was fantastic.

Cupps doesn't look like it and he throws some people off with his stature but he has the potential to be a major defensive stopper in the Big10.

I see a lot of Aaron Craft in him defensively.

MM is our best shooter. As he gets better and better, I wouldn’t be surprised to see his shot count go up significantly. He is so good off those screens when he curls to the elbow and shoots the fade. Pretty shot and it feels like it is almost always going in.

It is easy to tell Woody is a good coach. I wasn’t sure about him when he was announced, because I didn’t follow him as a coach much. But it didn’t take long to like him and it has been pretty clear since the beginning that the guy knows the game, knows how to build a culture, motivate his players and develop them.

If he can make this team as good or better than last years team, recruiting is going to get even easier. Time will tell

Yep, shooter conversation coming. Good road tough win but won’t translate to anything but we need shooterwon.

It translates into a conference road win.

In fact you said as much in the same sentence you said it didn't translate into anything

Jesus, just be happy.

Game didn't get over till late people work jeez..
Nope your wrong, they were posting on the TG thread at the end of the game. I say let the season play out and if it's a complete failure then post your frustration. I think they are improving every game, so let's just enjoy the season.

Lots of people have to sleep during this time. Consider that with the late start.
My thoughts exactly. So glad I’m retired, so I didn’t have to get up at 4am for work like I used to.

Those late night games were killers…. And I even live in the Chicago time zone in southern Indiana, which is an hour behind the rest of our state.

I feel for you fellas that stayed up until 11:20pm last night (eastern time) watching the game and then getting up early this morning to go to work.

The most Positive of staying up…. We won!!!!!

Some of us do not have peacock so we have to follow online. Hard to comment without seeing it but its a win.

There are those players who rise up for a shot and I'm thinking, "no, no, no", and occasionally the ball rips the net and I'm relieved. And there are those players who can take any shot from anywhere on the floor and I'm thinking, "swish". Ware and Malik are those players on the IU team at this point in the season. Ware's touch on his shot is amazing and Malik just finds a way to get a layup under the basket. Now, if Mackenzie and Gunn continue improving from outside IU will be a handful for any team moving forward. There were many good contributions from the bench last night. I think the turnovers will decrease too, as this team gets more comfortable in their roles depending on the lineup on the floor at any given time. The forecast for this IU team gets better with each game played.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
MM is our best shooter. As he gets better and better, I wouldn’t be surprised to see his shot count go up significantly. He is so good off those screens when he curls to the elbow and shoots the fade. Pretty shot and it feels like it is almost always going in.

It is easy to tell Woody is a good coach. I wasn’t sure about him when he was announced, because I didn’t follow him as a coach much. But it didn’t take long to like him and it has been pretty clear since the beginning that the guy knows the game, knows how to build a culture, motivate his players and develop them.

If he can make this team as good or better than last years team, recruiting is going to get even easier. Time will tell
The best part is that he is under control. He let a couple 3s fly early and didn’t connect. Instead of just chucking like we have seen so many freshman do in frustration, he went about his business and took his opportunities when they were there. The shots will start falling, and he will have some big nights ahead. Yet, not allowing off nights to become detrimental to the team will be every bit as significant as the nights he goes for 20.

I see game to game improvement. Slow and steady. The critical mass in improvement is getting closer to where I think IU will make a sudden jump in overall performance.

Human nature...I use the forum as a place to vent, at times. I haven't seen the game yet, no Peacock, and I was at a business dinner during most of the game last night.

Michigan is a solid basketball team. And winning at Crisler is a big deal, I think. Obviously not like winning at Mackey, Kohl, maybe Breslin...but its not an easy place to play.

We'll lose some games, probably some that will cause me to come on here and vent. But hopefully we keep incrementally improving. We could be a pretty dangerous team later in the year if we do, and if X comes back like himself.

Human nature...I use the forum as a place to vent, at times. I haven't seen the game yet, no Peacock, and I was at a business dinner during most of the game last night.

Michigan is a solid basketball team. And winning at Crisler is a big deal, I think. Obviously not like winning at Mackey, Kohl, maybe Breslin...but its not an easy place to play.

We'll lose some games, probably some that will cause me to come on here and vent. But hopefully we keep incrementally improving. We could be a pretty dangerous team later in the year if we do, and if X comes back like himself.
It was a thin crowd. Lots of IU fans.

Reactions: dbmhoosier

Correct boards are mostly for venting plus many of us did not pay for peacock. I did not just so I could see like three games.

I was here. I did my part. Ouch, I just broke my shoulder patting myself on the back.

Reactions: rocketo
Right now we have more Buttger fans seeking validation than anything over a recruit nobody on any IU board thought we had a chance for and most all didn’t give two shits about.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Well this thread didn't age very well did it? I couldn't watch but the score indicates we got beat in every facet of the game, players, coaches, bus driver...

Seems IU doesn't do so well when they play teams that are actually good.

sheeeeiiittt.gif

• Haha
Reactions: VanHoosier
Well this thread didn't age very well did it? I couldn't watch but the score indicates we got beat in every facet of the game, players, coaches, bus driver...

Seems IU doesn't do so well when they play teams that are actually good.
How did this thread not age well? Where did I say anything about the Auburn game?

I was at work so I couldn't watch but I'm told it wasn't pretty and the score backs that up.

So it's okay if your at work during a certain time, but not others who have to sleep by 11:15pm.. Gotcha
I was at work all day but yet I'm still on the board at night even after a loss.

What's great is that this actually proves my point, the board was completely dead after the Michigan game when I got on, yet when we finally lose here come all the naysayers that were nowhere to be found a week ago throwing out I told you so's.

Newsflash, nobody picked them to go undefeated, they're going to lose again (in fact probably next game if they don't get their shit together). I still think they'll make the tournament.

7-2 and 2-0 in the Big10. The "season is over in November-December" people are always the best lmao.

You people are funny.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I was at work all day but yet I'm still on the board at night even after a loss.

What's great is that this actually proves my point, the board was completely dead after the Michigan game when I got on, yet when we finally lose here come all the naysayers that were nowhere to be found a week ago throwing out I told you so's.

Newsflash, nobody picked them to go undefeated, they're going to lose again (in fact probably next game if they don't get their shit together). I still think they'll make the tournament.

7-2 and 2-0 in the Big10. The "season is over in November-December" people are always the best lmao.

You people are funny.
Nobody says it is over but scheduling these games against top good competition is pointless when losing by 20 to 30 each time. I have no issue playing them but i you cannot compete at all it just gets embarrassing at some point. Two years in a row now huge losses in the preseason to the better teams. The michigan win is good but the big ten is not great today was a real test.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Nobody says it is over but scheduling these games against top good competition is pointless when losing by 20 to 30 each time. I have no issue playing them but i you cannot compete at all it just gets embarrassing at some point. Two years in a row now huge losses in the preseason to the better teams. The michigan win is good but the big ten is not great today was a real test.
I get it man we're all frustrated, that said I'm willing to let the season play out.

If they miss the tournament with this roster I'll be right there with you.

Far from pointless. These are teams we should compete with. If we're not ready to do that, then we need to figure out why and change accordingly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT