ADVERTISEMENT

Allen bashing continuing...Please enough!

All that shows is that our fans are morons. Name one other fan base in the country that would whine about having a good defense instead of a high flying offense.

And again, we scored more points and played at a faster pace this past year than Wilson’s last offense. Do people actually watch the games?

Are you a fan?

Name one fanbase that would have stuck around for the past 30-40 years? The fact there IS an IUFB fanbase at all is an accomplishment.... in fact, the fanbase is more accomplished than the program. Far from morons .... ignorant

Last edited:
Are you a fan?

Name one fanbase that would have stuck around for the past 30-40 years? The fact there IS an IUFB fanbase at all is an accomplishment.... in fact, the fanbase is more accomplished than the program. Far from morons .... ignorant

Now Hack settled down. Put on your pinkish, red glasses and finish that yummy KoolAide like a good boy. All will be fine. Wink.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
All that shows is that our fans are morons. Name one other fan base in the country that would whine about having a good defense instead of a high flying offense.

And again, we scored more points and played at a faster pace this past year than Wilson’s last offense. Do people actually watch the games?

No we didn't score more points because we didn't go bowling this year. 2016 scored 335 and 2017 scored 322. If you mean average points per game, yep we scored an enormous 1.1 points more per game. 25.7 in 2016 and 26.8 in 2017. Considering non conference between 2016 (FIU, Ball State, Wake F) and 2017 (Georgia Southern, Charleston Southern and Virginia) and the non division changes from 2016 (Neb., Northwestern and PU) and 2017 (Wisc., Illinois and PU) I would expect more than a point increase in scoring. So the fact that we scored 1.1 point more per game does not give me much comfort with our offense.

By the way and so as not to fail to provide relevant information, our total offense in 2016 was 5538 yards (with bowl game) and in 2017 it was 4749 (without bowl game) That is a per game average of 426 in 2016 and 395 in 2017 or 5.6 per play in 2016 and 5.0 per play in 2017. All stats from IU's website.

Last edited:
No we didn't score more points because we didn't go bowling this year. 2016 scored 335 and 2017 scored 322. If you mean average points per game, yep we scored an enormous 1.1 points more per game. 25.7 in 2016 and 26.8 in 2018. Considering non conference between 2016 (FIU, Ball State, Wake F) and 2017 (Georgia Southern, Charleston Southern and Virginia) and the non division changes from 2016 (Neb., Northwestern and PU) and 2017 (Wisc., Illinois and PU) I would expect more than a point increase in scoring. So the fact that we scored 1.1 point more per game does not give me much comfort with our offense.

By the way and so as not to fail to provide relevant information, our total offense in 2016 was 5538 yards (with bowl game) and in 2017 it was 4749 (without bowl game) That a per game average of 426 in 2016 and 395 in 2017 or 5.6 per play in 2016 and 5.0 per play in 2017. All stats from IU's website.
Nice number crunching!

Nice number crunching!

A final note on these assertions of points and speed of play. "Faster pace" this years was alleged. I could not find a website with that information already calculated, so I used IU's official site again and did the numbers. Well technically pace was faster in 2017. By going to IU's website and dividing time of possession by number of plays for each year, here are the results: In 2016 average time per play was 22.1575 seconds and in 2017 we really sped it up to 21.4511 seconds per play. Yep, we played faster by less than one second per play. Is it me or does that not sound like really playing much faster?

No we didn't score more points because we didn't go bowling this year. 2016 scored 335 and 2017 scored 322. If you mean average points per game, yep we scored an enormous 1.1 points more per game. 25.7 in 2016 and 26.8 in 2017. Considering non conference between 2016 (FIU, Ball State, Wake F) and 2017 (Georgia Southern, Charleston Southern and Virginia) and the non division changes from 2016 (Neb., Northwestern and PU) and 2017 (Wisc., Illinois and PU) I would expect more than a point increase in scoring. So the fact that we scored 1.1 point more per game does not give me much comfort with our offense.

By the way and so as not to fail to provide relevant information, our total offense in 2016 was 5538 yards (with bowl game) and in 2017 it was 4749 (without bowl game) That is a per game average of 426 in 2016 and 395 in 2017 or 5.6 per play in 2016 and 5.0 per play in 2017. All stats from IU's website.
One thing not mention by you in comparision of the 2016 and 2017 was the loss of three starting OL players from 2016 one which was an AA. We also lost a RB that back to back 1000 yd seasons that hooked up with an NFL team for a bit. That was a lot to lose from an offense so scoring anywhere close to 2016 was a wonder. Now in 2018 if the results on offense are the same I will agree with your criticism of DeBord, but 2017 and 2016 was a result of declining recruiting classes and learning a new system.

It’s taking time for me to warm up to Allen because of the circumstances that he was brought into. Combine that with a disappointing season, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with what he has done with recruiting and the staff. He has taken a long term approach to the job by redshirting players, and limiting some players’ snaps. I will give him next year with no questions asked, and begin scrutinizing him the following year.
That is called a reasonable view of things! We all agree there were 3 possible wins (+ Bucket) this year that got away, but I think the "long term" culture being built, the new changes and class/athletes coming in bode well for the future.

One thing not mention by you in comparision of the 2016 and 2017 was the loss of three starting OL players from 2016 one which was an AA. We also lost a RB that back to back 1000 yd seasons that hooked up with an NFL team for a bit. That was a lot to lose from an offense so scoring anywhere close to 2016 was a wonder. Now in 2018 if the results on offense are the same I will agree with your criticism of DeBord, but 2017 and 2016 was a result of declining recruiting classes and learning a new system.
I agree with your analysis. What also goes unmentioned is that IU basically lost 4 tight ends who were key contributors in the run game and have not replaced them. Again, that’s just due to youth. We don’t know what a lot of the younger Tight ends can do because they haven’t played. So the jury is still out. But Michael Cooper, Corsaro, Friend, and Fuchs were basically additional tackles. Add knight to the mix because he was a TE for a year. That’s a lot of dudes to lose and a whole lot to develop to replace them. Ian Thomas was a good receiver, but wasn’t going to add value in the run game.

As you mentioned Redding was gone, along with a host of lineman. I just don’t think it’s unreasonable to give Allen 4-5 years. If you lose an entire line unit, and if it’s suspect as to whether or not the current roster of lineman can play, I just don’t see how it’s unreasonable to be patient for 4-5 years. IF Allen shows signs that he can’t manage a game, can’t recruit defensively, isn’t a good leader ect. Then I’m all for letting him go earlier. But he’s shown solid game management, the players seem to respect him, he recruited well on defense this year, and he’s made tough coaching moves to push IU forward, most notably upgrading the stregnth and conditioning staff/getting Inge to handle special teams (I fully trust Inge there because I saw what he did for the kickoff team). These are all good things. IF the only thing holding IU back is line play, which I believe your stats backed up, then yes, it could be 4-5 years until the team breaks through, because it takes years to develop a good lineman in most cases in a physical conference like the Big Ten. Usually they need to be juniors, redshirt juniors, or sometimes even seniors before they have the experience to be ready to go. As the recruiting improves, you may get the occasional guy who can come in as a sophomore/redshirt sophomore and contribute. I like the two lineman we got in this class based on their film, speed, size ect. But we’re looking at a 4 year plan. By the time they’re redshirt juniors, that’s when you’ll really see them breakout. It’s not going to happen tomorrow.

Defensive line also needs to improve talent wise, but Allen just brought in the best group of defensive ends I can remember IU bringing in one class. They brought in 4 guys who can ball, and have the size/speed to contribute. But again, it’ll take 3-4 years for those guys to be what IU needs them to be. You’re looking at guys who need to be junior/redshirt juniors with time in the weight room/film room to be the players they’re capable of being. O-line recruiting is going to be an emphasis next year with so many guys coming back.

I like your stats, and they highlight the difference that a line makes. You can pass the ball all over the field and have great DB’s, but if you can’t stop the run, and can’t run the ball, you have no chance to win in the Big Ten. Due to that, I am willing to give TA 4-5 years, unless he shows signs that he isn’t cut out to be a head coach. He’s shown no signs that he can’t IU’s Head Coach. I think he’s the man for the job. And If anything I’m even biased against him because I would not have fired Wilson, and didn’t like the way it was handled.

I agree with your analysis. What also goes unmentioned is that IU basically lost 4 tight ends who were key contributors in the run game and have not replaced them. Again, that’s just due to youth. We don’t know what a lot of the younger Tight ends can do because they haven’t played. So the jury is still out. But Michael Cooper, Corsaro, Friend, and Fuchs were basically additional tackles. Add knight to the mix because he was a TE for a year. That’s a lot of dudes to lose and a whole lot to develop to replace them. Ian Thomas was a good receiver, but wasn’t going to add value in the run game.

As you mentioned Redding was gone, along with a host of lineman. I just don’t think it’s unreasonable to give Allen 4-5 years. If you lose an entire line unit, and if it’s suspect as to whether or not the current roster of lineman can play, I just don’t see how it’s unreasonable to be patient for 4-5 years. IF Allen shows signs that he can’t manage a game, can’t recruit defensively, isn’t a good leader ect. Then I’m all for letting him go earlier. But he’s shown solid game management, the players seem to respect him, he recruited well on defense this year, and he’s made tough coaching moves to push IU forward, most notably upgrading the stregnth and conditioning staff/getting Inge to handle special teams (I fully trust Inge there because I saw what he did for the kickoff team). These are all good things. IF the only thing holding IU back is line play, which I believe your stats backed up, then yes, it could be 4-5 years until the team breaks through, because it takes years to develop a good lineman in most cases in a physical conference like the Big Ten. Usually they need to be juniors, redshirt juniors, or sometimes even seniors before they have the experience to be ready to go. As the recruiting improves, you may get the occasional guy who can come in as a sophomore/redshirt sophomore and contribute. I like the two lineman we got in this class based on their film, speed, size ect. But we’re looking at a 4 year plan. By the time they’re redshirt juniors, that’s when you’ll really see them breakout. It’s not going to happen tomorrow.

Defensive line also needs to improve talent wise, but Allen just brought in the best group of defensive ends I can remember IU bringing in one class. They brought in 4 guys who can ball, and have the size/speed to contribute. But again, it’ll take 3-4 years for those guys to be what IU needs them to be. You’re looking at guys who need to be junior/redshirt juniors with time in the weight room/film room to be the players they’re capable of being. O-line recruiting is going to be an emphasis next year with so many guys coming back.

I like your stats, and they highlight the difference that a line makes. You can pass the ball all over the field and have great DB’s, but if you can’t stop the run, and can’t run the ball, you have no chance to win in the Big Ten. Due to that, I am willing to give TA 4-5 years, unless he shows signs that he isn’t cut out to be a head coach. He’s shown no signs that he can’t IU’s Head Coach. I think he’s the man for the job. And If anything I’m even biased against him because I would not have fired Wilson, and didn’t like the way it was handled.
Very well stated and your points are on the money. No one knows how good coach Allen will be, although I believe he will be a great IU coach, until 4 or 5 years into his program. Based on the first full recruiting class we are going to see classes of players we haven't seen at IU in a long time. Imagine three years of these classes with improvement each year and the team IU will have on the field. With patience more people will see what a good coach for IU Allen is.

Again at this point I have no patience for 4-5 years. Sorry I ain't buying. The facilities are done this summer, highway done, and the time to strike is while the iron is hot and thats now! You can be patient. I on the other hand expect results or major changes. If CtA is gonna stay and we dont bowl this year i expect major coordinator and assistant changes. Anything else means we settle for sh!t and I wont be with that scenario.

Again at this point I have no patience for 4-5 years. Sorry I ain't buying. The facilities are done this summer, highway done, and the time to strike is while the iron is hot and thats now! You can be patient. I on the other hand expect results or major changes. If CtA is gonna stay and we dont bowl this year i expect major coordinator and assistant changes. Anything else means we settle for sh!t and I wont be with that scenario.
Feel free to ignore the team if they don't meet your standards. Unless you have coached before, you have no idea what goes into changing a roster that was in decline. The only reason IU went to a bowl in 2016 was because coach Hazell was still coaching PU and IU barely beat them. I guarantee the coaches and coach Allen don't want to wait four years but 2019 is when the roster will be at is strongest.

Reading this post reminds me why I don’t read posts here. Back to the premium board for me.

Most people expect a bowl team next year as an absolute minimum. I agree there is a path to 8 wins and an excellent chance to execute.

That being said, we say the same things every winter. Next season is Put Up or Shut Up time. No more #hashtags. No more flashy videos.

Just. Win.

Good lord, are you, what, 2 years old, if that?

And who the hell are you to speak for "most people"? You haven't the maturity to get out of your own head enough to know what anybody else thinks . . . .

Feel free to ignore the team if they don't meet your standards. Unless you have coached before, you have no idea what goes into changing a roster that was in decline. The only reason IU went to a bowl in 2016 was because coach Hazell was still coaching PU and IU barely beat them. I guarantee the coaches and coach Allen don't want to wait four years but 2019 is when the roster will be at is strongest.
Ignore the team...coached before...roster in decline....hazell....Gee okay accept losing. Hand me another Kool aid whilst I wash away the pain.

What does any of that mean? So your saying that the cupboard is bare or close and we need to start from scratch? WTF?

I like CTA okay. Do I give him a leash of 4-5 years coz he has done this before. Hell NO! He is a freakin gamble. Get that through your heads! Fred rolled the dice but you don't wait 4-5 years with a guy like this or we could end up far far worse of than we are now which I don't think is as bad as all of you that want to wait that long!

God there are plenty of coaches that have turned programs around and you don't waste away 4-5 years with an unproven resource. Allen has got to get results soon or he will be in danger of his job and if not... Believe me the heavy hitter donors who just dumped millions into this football stadium are gonna want returns on dividends and Glass will be gone and Allen will follow. Wake Up!

Reactions: IUgradman
And if Trump doesn't get the border wall built this year and Obamacare repealed I expect him to resign or fire every member of his Cabinet because by God, that's what I voted for and I expect him to deliver, regardless of the multitude of circumstances that might interfere with those things happening. Anyone who says otherwise is settling for mediocrity and has low expectations. I want it to be so, and G#dammit, that's what the government owes me. If he can't get it done f&%k him, coz I'm not down with that s&!+. dws

Reactions: JohnsyRick
And if Trump doesn't get the border wall built this year and Obamacare repealed I expect him to resign or fire every member of his Cabinet because by God, that's what I voted for and I expect him to deliver, regardless of the multitude of circumstances that might interfere with those things happening. Anyone who says otherwise is settling for mediocrity and has low expectations. I want it to be so, and G#dammit, that's what the government owes me. If he can't get it done f&%k him, coz I'm not down with that s&!+. dws
okay time for your meds now...holy shiiiite...jeezuz one of my kids is at Ball State and was talking about transferring? chirp chirp!

The problem is that you are not running the program so nobody really cares if you have no patience for a 4-5 rebuild.

Most people expect a bowl team next year as an absolute minimum. I agree there is a path to 8 wins and an excellent chance to execute.

That being said, we say the same things every winter. Next season is Put Up or Shut Up time. No more #hashtags. No more flashy videos.

Just. Win.
Yep. Been seeing predictions on here for at least 7 wins for past 5 years. Still waiting.

Is the damn highway really done this summer? My sophomore year at IU they were working on that thing, and when I recently visited in December they were still working on it lol. My girlfriend is gonna lose it if we get in another 3 hour jam. Forget the facilities, I’m just ready for that damn highway to be finished lol.

Reactions: td75 and 76-1

For clarification, I have not criticized DeBord. As I believe I noted in this thread or another, the jury is still out. I simply indicated 1.1 more points a game does not make me comfortable. My recent posts were simply clarifications of facts provided in support of the all-is-well position.

Reactions: Superstar84b
For clarification, I have not criticized DeBord. As I believe I noted in this thread or another, the jury is still out. I simply indicated 1.1 more points a game does not make me comfortable. My recent posts were simply clarifications of facts provided in support of the all-is-well position.
I don’t think ANYONE has said , “all is well”, that is bs. Making comments like that is just as inflammatory as the people you are criticizing. It is really ok that some of us believe that CTA has done, and will, do a good job. Are there concerns ? Of course, pretty much anytime you have change, you have concerns. I don’t think there are any IU football fans (for me 52 years) that can be “sure” that CTA , and staff, will succeed at a level that makes everyone happy.
That said , the continual harping by the same few, after ONE year where our win total went from 6 to 5 is , well, tiresome. Anyone who looks at last year realistically could see there were huge OL , QB and depth deficiencies. I believe you cited in an earlier post about our defenses weakness in the 4th quarter this year, shocker, no depth. When Covington and Scales have to play every play of every game , and on special teams, is it any wonder we struggled in the 4th quarter of games ? Our Dline lost it’s best pass rusher before the season even started, Minor and Harris went down severely limiting interior depth. Then we lose Ball early, Fitzgerald isn’t available due to our athletic dept. failures, so then we move Fields to husky and lose more depth at safety. Look, everyone has injuries etc, but CTA ,and staff , had to play with the hand that was dealt to them 9 months earlier.
The long winded point here is CTA deserves a “fair” chance to build his team as he sees fit, just as CKW did. CTA is not a continuation of CKW, but many are treating it as such. Posts claiming CTA will be gone after next year, “why delay the inevitable “ and “we better bowl next year or I demand change” are just dumb. Do any of those things and good luck in the future getting players or coaches to come here.

Last edited:
I don’t think ANYONE has said , “all is well”, that is bs. Making comments like that is just as inflammatory as the people you are criticizing. It is really ok that some of us believe that CTA has been , and will, do a good job. Are there concerns ? Of course, pretty much anytime you have change, you have concerns. I don’t think there are any IU football fans (for me 52 years) that can be “sure” that CTA , and staff, will succeed at a level that makes everyone happy.
That said , the continual harping by the same few, after ONE year where our win total went from 6 to 5 is , well, tiresome. Anyone who looks at last year realistically could see there were huge OL , QB and depth deficiencies. I believe you cited in an earlier post about our defenses weakness in the 4th quarter this year, shocker, no depth. When Covington and Scales have to play every play of every game , and on special teams, is it any wonder we struggled in the 4th quarter of games ? Our Dline lost it’s best pass rusher before the season even started, Minor and Harris went down severely limiting interior depth. Then we lose Ball early, Fitzgerald isn’t available due to our athletic dept. failures, so then we move Fields to husky and lose more depth at safety. Look, everyone has injuries etc, but CTA ,and staff , had to play with the hand that was dealt to them 9 months earlier.
The long winded point here is CTA deserves a “fair” chance to build his team as he sees fit, just as CKW did. CTA is not a continuation of CKW, but many are treating it as such. Posts claiming CTA will be gone after next year, “why delay the inevitable “ and “we better bowl next year or I demand change” are just dumb. Do any of those things and good luck in the future getting players or coaches to come here.
Good, factual, logical post. It won't deter the two or three resident flamers but that's ok. Most people here are reasonable.

Patience. That is what we have been hearing for decades with this program. Meanwhile, dozens of other programs have gone from bad to good in a year or two.

I’ve been around for 5 of those decades, you ?
Pretty close to five decades myself. I do believe there are a few who take offense ever time an issue or concern is raised and respond, quite often, with personal attacks or assertions that might be a little misleading. Is this an "all is well" attitude? Maybe not, but it is pretty close. I previously raised concerns about the hiring process, but have also noted we are were we are. I have never suggested CTA or DeBord needs to be gone now or after next year. I don't view my position of having some concerns but not calling for heads as irrational. I watched this board atmosphere play out during the Lynch years as well (and no I am not equating CTA to Lynch). My point is such discussion or discussions of concerns or negative takes should be available without references to morons and similar comments. If I think it is silly, I will simply not respond or provide thoughts, not insults, as to why I disagree. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
I’ve been around for 5 of those decades, you ?
I have - and I'm one of the few who would put going to a Rose Bowl way over winning an NCAA basketball championship.

But what other option do we have but to be patient? I think Wilson did a good job of getting the football program to where it is now - from crappy to mediocre. But I also think that is where the ceiling was for IU with him as head coach here.

I think CTA is the type of coach who can get IU to be playing in New Years bowls - whether he does or not remains to be seen - but he has the "it" factor we've been lacking in a head coach for decades. Yes we fell short of the "Breakthrough" mantra, but hell, I'm happy to have a coach willing to publicly state such high expectations. And IU had a legitimate chance to win every game this season (except maybe Penn St and Wisconsin) - when is the last time you could say that?

We could have a losing record next year, and still show progress from this season. I think year 3 is when the tide really starts to turn. I've been a 50 year IU football fan, was a manager for the team under Wyche and Mallory - heck yes I'm tired of losing. But I'm willing to be patient because what I've seen of this coach makes me think we're on the right track - not just to be decent, but to be really good. Kind of reminds me of Mallory's first year when he was 0-11, but you could tell we was laying the foundation for a winner.

Pretty close to five decades myself. I do believe there are a few who take offense ever time an issue or concern is raised and respond, quite often, with personal attacks or assertions that might be a little misleading. Is this an "all is well" attitude? Maybe not, but it is pretty close. I previously raised concerns about the hiring process, but have also noted we are were we are. I have never suggested CTA or DeBord needs to be gone now or after next year. I don't view my position of having some concerns but not calling for heads as irrational. I watched this board atmosphere play out during the Lynch years as well (and no I am not equating CTA to Lynch). My point is such discussion or discussions of concerns or negative takes should be available without references to morons and similar comments. If I think it is silly, I will simply not respond or provide thoughts, not insults, as to why I disagree. Just my opinion.

This is getting way over played. Posters are not getting berated for voicing concerns. Some posters have gone off the deep end and have trashed almost every thread with totally unreasonable opinions. Those wanting Allen fired or those saying the defense was terrible, ect. After months of that posters might get called a few names. Oh, the humanity!

You may not have suggested DeBord or CTA need to be gone now or next year, but those you are defending have. The problem here isn’t that people don’t want to hear “concerns”, they just don’t want to keep hearing the same thing from the same posters over and over and over, it is tiresome and changes nothing. It’s a big world and we will never hire a coach or have “a process” that pleases everyone, I get that. For the time being CTA is our coach, and will be for the foreseeable future, so in my view, get on board or find something that makes you happy. Life is far too short to spend time being miserable, and no matter how much a select few want to stick their fingers in their ears and stomp their feet , they won’t change a thing.

Reactions: IU Scott
I have - and I'm one of the few who would put going to a Rose Bowl way over winning an NCAA basketball championship.

But what other option do we have but to be patient? I think Wilson did a good job of getting the football program to where it is now - from crappy to mediocre. But I also think that is where the ceiling was for IU with him as head coach here.

I think CTA is the type of coach who can get IU to be playing in New Years bowls - whether he does or not remains to be seen - but he has the "it" factor we've been lacking in a head coach for decades. Yes we fell short of the "Breakthrough" mantra, but hell, I'm happy to have a coach willing to publicly state such high expectations. And IU had a legitimate chance to win every game this season (except maybe Penn St and Wisconsin) - when is the last time you could say that?

We could have a losing record next year, and still show progress from this season. I think year 3 is when the tide really starts to turn. I've been a 50 year IU football fan, was a manager for the team under Wyche and Mallory - heck yes I'm tired of losing. But I'm willing to be patient because what I've seen of this coach makes me think we're on the right track - not just to be decent, but to be really good. Kind of reminds me of Mallory's first year when he was 0-11, but you could tell we was laying the foundation for a winner.

Lemme give you an example of who you are dealing with:

Guy goes out and runs a 3:59 mile - loses.
Same guy goes out again and runs a 3:45 mile. Loses.

The fools you are dealing with here would see nothing but 2 losses.
They'd tell they guy "Just go win. Stop accepting mediocrity. You have a loser's mentality."

Worst.
Fanboys.
Anywhere.

I agree that we have two choices. 1. Be patient and see if Fred's gamble on CTA pays off or, 2. Go find another team.

I'm well into my 6th decade of rooting for IU football. I've seen too many years with 1, 2 or 3 wins and NO HOPE for more. 5 wins is better than that level and I do have lots of hope with the way recruiting and coach changes are going and CTA's personality.

On the other hand I also see the classes that OSU, UM and PU and even Maryland put together and have some realism as to how far and how fast we can go. But let me tell you, going to IUFB games where we are competitive and win some is a hell of a lot better than many, many of those years. I'm having fun and that is ALL that maters to me. I don't need to beat my chest and demand what no one else has been able to do here.

To me anyone that demands radical improvement by next year is a fair weather fan that will probably be rooting for ND in two years anyway. I'm very happy watching CTA develop this program and build it year by year, incrementally.

Serious question - what gives him the “it” factor? Why would you think he has a higher ceiling than Wilson? A guy who was an OC for multiple teams in New Years bowls. His HS coaching record?

They'd tell they guy "Just go win. Stop accepting mediocrity. You have a loser's mentality."

Worst.
Fanboys.
Anywhere.
Did we run that sub 4:00 mile against Maryland on their 3rd string QB? Or was it against Purdue? I don’t understand your analogy. And I doubt you do either.

Worst.
Fanboys.
Anywhere.

Same guys who never bother to show up for the Spring game (when their simple presence might actually help recruiting), and take off at half time unless we are at some bizarre sweet spot (in their mind) score-wise [as in we're down more than 3 were gonna lose so they're gone, or we're up by 10, they're going to "outsmart" the rest of us and beat the traffic home]...

I know most would say we need every "body" we can get at the game but these clowns I say we can do without. Some just live to criticize, never making a real effort to support the Team thru thick and thin or attempt to be an active agent of positive change.

The reality is..., that as fans (aside from perhaps finding a diamond in the rough and forwarding a prospects name and area to the recruiting staff) the only thing we can actually do as individuals to affect any positive change in regard to Indiana Football is to simply show up early [while being as supportive and positive as possible] and stay late at every game we can possibly attend... //and only boo the refs//

You don't like our W-L record? Show up at the Spring game and bring some friends and family. That's a game when we have multiple recruiting prospects in attendance and I guarantee you those prospects notice only 3,000 people in the stands versus 30,000+ some place like "the" Ohio State...

You want to show the guys we want to be the future of INDIANA FOOTBALL that you'll support them thru thick and thin? Fill the stands early (for warmups) and stick around to bands fan serenade after the final gun..., no matter what happens on the field...

If you're already doing all those things, then, in my mind you've earned the right to your criticisms but if you're not doing even the simplest of those things to help legally enhance our recruiting efforts then, personally, I really don't want to read/hear any more of your incessant whining... Just do yourself and IU Football a favor and go "support" Norte Dame or the like...

Same guys who never bother to show up for the Spring game (when their simple presence might actually help recruiting), and take off at half time unless we are at some bizarre sweet spot (in their mind) score-wise [as in we're down more than 3 were gonna lose so they're gone, or we're up by 10, they're going to "outsmart" the rest of us and beat the traffic home]...

I know most would say we need every "body" we can get at the game but these clowns I say we can do without. Some just live to criticize, never making a real effort to support the Team thru thick and thin or attempt to be an active agent of positive change.

The reality is..., that as fans (aside from perhaps finding a diamond in the rough and forwarding a prospects name and area to the recruiting staff) the only thing we can actually do as individuals to affect any positive change in regard to Indiana Football is to simply show up early [while being as supportive and positive as possible] and stay late at every game we can possibly attend... //and only boo the refs//

You don't like our W-L record? Show up at the Spring game and bring some friends and family. That's a game when we have multiple recruiting prospects in attendance and I guarantee you those prospects notice only 3,000 people in the stands versus 30,000+ some place like "the" Ohio State...

You want to show the guys we want to be the future of INDIANA FOOTBALL that you'll support them thru thick and thin? Fill the stands early (for warmups) and stick around to bands fan serenade after the final gun..., no matter what happens on the field...

If you're already doing all those things, then, in my mind you've earned the right to your criticisms but if you're not doing even the simplest of those things to help legally enhance our recruiting efforts then, personally, I really don't want to read/hear any more of your incessant whining... Just do yourself and IU Football a favor and go "support" Norte Dame or the like...
If Michigan fans would’ve followed your advice Brady Hoke would still be the HC.

Texas A&M would still have Sumlin.

Georgia would still have Richt.

Thinking fans can’t affect change is completely ignorant. In fact they’re the only people who can affect change. The University usually won’t do anything until they get enough heat from fans/boosters and the seats become empty.

If Michigan fans would’ve followed your advice Brady Hoke would still be the HC.

Texas A&M would still have Sumlin.

Georgia would still have Richt.

Thinking fans can’t affect change is completely ignorant. In fact they’re the only people who can affect change. The University usually won’t do anything until they get enough heat from fans/boosters and the seats become empty.

I said "positive" change. Any idiot can clamor to have a coach fired... and many have...

By the way, there's more then a few "Michigan Men" starting to question whether Harbaugh was much of an upgrade... On paper he hasn't been...

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13

Worst.
Fanboys.
Anywhere.

Would it make a difference if the guy was running an 8:00 mile and loses? Because in my opinion IU is the 8:00 minute guy and Georgia is the sub four minute guy.... this fanboy just wants him to run more and work little harder. If his trainer can afford him better shoes then get them for him. If he needs a better trainer then get him that too.... if the objective is to get too sub 4’s while his knees will take it then he needs to get busy because he has a lot of work to do...

I took a poll on this board. Most people wanted a bowl year. Yeah, how about that...

In fact here is the link. Most people want a bowl.

You. Took a poll. On this board . . . and you want to be taken seriously?

5bf.jpg

Not only that, but your question was "Who wants to go to a bowl game?

hysterical-laughter.jpg

Would it make a difference if the guy was running an 8:00 mile and loses? Because in my opinion IU is the 8:00 minute guy and Georgia is the sub four minute guy.... this fanboy just wants him to run more and work little harder. If his trainer can afford him better shoes then get them for him. If he needs a better trainer then get him that too.... if the objective is to get too sub 4’s while his knees will take it then he needs to get busy because he has a lot of work to do...

If you watched us play this year, and think that little of our team, then you and I have no option - we must agree to think of each other as Unqalified Football Dumbasses. I can live with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT