ADVERTISEMENT

All Education Is Local

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Please note how the media report does not address the most relevant point, i.e. whether/how graphic sex is depicted in the book.

Is it allusions to sexual activity for the imagination or Deep Throat?

Last edited:
Please note how the media report does not address the most relevant point, i.e. whether/how graphic sex is depicted in the book.

Is it allusions to sexual activity for the imagination or Deep Throat?

It has illustrated oral sex among other things. They don't post it because the news site would have to blur it out....and if they did that it would make the point that book doesn't belong in school.

I actually read this book (it's a graphic novel) about a month ago. A neighbor said it helped her understand the queer psychology. I read it in one sitting (not because it is that well written, but because it goes quick and is repetitive so parts can be skimmed).

It's pretty graphic. At one point, the girl fingers herself and then tastes it. In another, a girl wears a strap-on while another sucks on the dildo.

That said, the point of the book is not to titillate but to explain the author's sexual confusion and attempts at satisfaction (she ends up identifying as asexual).

For high school, I think reasonable people can disagree on its appropriateness. My vote would be to allow it in the school but it could only be checked out or read with parental approval. I would not allow it in middle schools or elementary schools. My neighbor, who is a very liberal suburban woman, said she would not allow it in middle schools either. Her daughter read it as a freshman in college this year.

Then it could still show proper form.. BRING IT ON

A sampling of the content is provided by LibsofTikTok.

A sampling of the content is provided by LibsofTikTok.
Every 6 year old should be forced to learn this material. It’s literary majesty

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT