ADVERTISEMENT

Airports Melting Down Again?

?? I booked some flights about 5 hours ago and American still has not sent my confirmation, which usually takes about 45 minutes...

But you did Say Detroit... SHIT HOLE, and shares many customer service characteristics of many other big city airports, ORD for example. Or at least that time I flew into there.

?? I booked some flights about 5 hours ago and American still has not sent my confirmation, which usually takes about 45 minutes...

But you did Say Detroit... SHIT HOLE, and shares many customer service characteristics of many other big city airports, ORD for example. Or at least that time I flew into there.
I booked 2 flights on United and I heard back in 30 seconds.

The companies affected by Crowdstrike, it seems, had all computer systems affected and the computers have to be (to my knowledge, I'm not an IT guy) manually started in safe mode, one at a time, and the update deleted.

Naturally I hope they are prioritizing the computers that allow scheduled flights for today to take off. The ones that confirm ticket purchases would be a little bit down the pecking order.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The companies affected by Crowdstrike, it seems, had all computer systems affected and the computers have to be (to my knowledge, I'm not an IT guy) manually started in safe mode, one at a time, and the update deleted.

My understanding as well. I don't think that would require anyone with Marvin level skilz. Print up instructions and hand them out to all the people behind a keyboard and get it done. The McM types can always wait for Marv if it's too complicated for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT