ADVERTISEMENT

Adult illiteracy rates in big cities

enlightened. this is not unlike what socrates said. well done. and socrates the greek philospher. not socrates the brazilian soccer player who was one of the finest players ever to play. a very unorthodox central mf at nearly 6'5. my god how he could dice up a 4-4-2. oh and by the way. he was also a medical doctor and chain smoker

3400.jpg
I like chain smokers. It’s unfortunate he played soccer. He could have been a really cool dude.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
He played one year, when he was 11.

It was a disaster.
Brutal. I took my daughter to the biggest club in the region. When we walked in the head of it all asked if I’d sign a ball for him. He was joking but that’s how well I was known. After two seasons the girls’ director “took me for a walk.” We tried multiple other sports with varying degrees of failure. It’s a hard thing to watch.

In that spirit though check out videos of tiger woods and his son. The kid is absolutely hilarious. Just funny as hell. And tiger has such a sweet relationship with him. The clips are wonderful.

Do you have any thoughts on what happened today? Our drives were good. We hit fairways. Basically we just suck at putting.

Then camera pans to tiger and he just has his eyes closed. listening to the boy. In fear

Brutal. I took my daughter to the biggest club in the region. When we walked in the head of it all asked if I’d sign a ball for him. He was joking but that’s how well I was known. After two seasons the girls’ director “took me for a walk.” We tried multiple other sports with varying degrees of failure. It’s a hard thing to watch.

In that spirit though check out videos of tiger woods and his son. The kid is absolutely hilarious. Just funny as hell. And tiger has such a sweet relationship with him. The clips are wonderful.

Do you have any thoughts on what happened today? Our drives were good. We hit fairways. Basically we just suck at putting.

Then camera pans to tiger and he just has his eyes closed. listening to the boy. In fear

MM66, not a golf person, but am what some might call an aging person. Consequently remember Jack Nicholson saying it was his putting which failed him first as he grew older. When asked why, he blamed it on a failure to concentrate.

My question to golfers who are seeing their game slipping with age is do they share the Nicholson problem with putting and concentration.

MM66, not a golf person, but am what some might call an aging person. Consequently remember Jack Nicholson saying it was his putting which failed him first as he grew older. When asked why, he blamed it on a failure to concentrate.

My question to golfers who are seeing their game slipping with age is do they share the Nicholson problem with putting and concentration.
Nicklaus. The older you are the more “demons” you have. The mind can be brutal

Reactions: hoot1

Shit hoot. You’re asking the wrong guy. I tried very hard to get even decent at golf and failed.

Reactions: hoot1 and DANC
You suck at commenting about other people.

You're acting like understanding rise and run are exclusive to people who do it for a living. I just said it wasn't that tough, so you insult me. Building stairs is medium work. It's not the first thing you try to conquer, but depending on the scope and desired craftsmanship, it can range from easy to difficult. I'm smart enough to know I've built stairs before.

I've replaced contoured stairs in a house built in the 1920's, installed floating stairs and installed stair/ramp system for my grandparents. GFY troll.
Bwahahaha

Love it. You've joined shooter as the only person to melt down and tell me to go **** myself.

Bravo.

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Nicklaus. The older you are the more “demons” you have. The mind can be brutal
Shit hoot. You’re asking the wrong guy. I tried very hard to get even decent at golf and failed.
Sparty and MM66, grateful you guys didn't point out my calling Nicklaus by the wrong name.

My mistake reminded me of my Mother who used to call sports celebrities by the wrong name just to prove how disinterested she was in them. My mistake, however, was unintentional.

Happy New Year.

Sparty and MM66, grateful you guys didn't point out my calling Nicklaus by the wrong name.

My mistake reminded me of my Mother who used to call sports celebrities by the wrong name just to prove how disinterested she was in them. My mistake, however, was unintentional.

Happy New Year.
i used to do that to my daughter on purpose. oh my god. another new taylor swiff song. she'd be apoplectic, along with her friends.

• Haha
Reactions: hoot1 and DANC
I'm glad to see I'm not the only parent who likes to embarrass their kids in front of their friends.
it's what i live for. at the bat mitzvah a few weeks ago i didn't change from my indoor game and went inside to pick the kids up. my daughter and her two friends were mortified. we took pics too

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IUINSB
now the kids in the room might not remember @larsIU, but before there were copas there were world cups in 82. and those my friend WERE FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

200.gif
They still make the World Cups...they're the "Soft Ground" version of the Copa with metal spikes (and a couple less of them).

World_Cup_Soccer_Cleats_Black_011040_01_standard.jpg

And they still have Tango's. Couple types...a "Rosario", and a "Glider". My daughter's favorite ball. They're getting hard to find, but a great $20 training ball. They even used my daughter's in an ODP game last year. :D

That said, found this replica for her to train with. Her coaches crack up when she brings this to practice...:D

s-l1600.jpg

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
They still make the World Cups...they're the "Soft Ground" version of the Copa with metal spikes (and a couple less of them).

World_Cup_Soccer_Cleats_Black_011040_01_standard.jpg

And they still have Tango's. Couple types...a "Rosario", and a "Glider". My daughter's favorite ball. They're getting hard to find, but a great $20 training ball. They even used my daughter's in an ODP game last year. :D

That said, found this replica for her to train with. Her coaches crack up when she brings this to practice...:D

s-l1600.jpg
that is amazing!! made in france. you know 70% of all the balls in teh world are made in sialkot pakistan. pretty interesting to note the difference between the nasl and mls. because the nasl had the stars too. hell pele. but mls is basically like a real estate company lol. i think that's made a difference along with tv and hte premier league and all that on tv

Kinda.

Practicing putting is harder as you get older. My back tightens up after 5-10 mins of practice. When I was playing "competitively", I would roll 5 footers with tennis balls for an hour straight...no issues.

Concentration - I might say yes on that. I've come to accept the fact that I need to be about a six pack in before I start playing/swinging without fear/steering. Like (back in the day) getting 6 beers in before you take your shot at the chick at the bar.

Played a 36-a-day family deal out in PHX in November. Teeing off at 7am to get in all 36. My first 9 was always my worst round (colder, and not buzzed).

Afternoon rounds was fearless. Whipping it around without a care. I feel like my "concentration" increases after about 3-4 beers. Kinda like "clearing the mechanism", the "desert/trees/rough" disappear...

Kinda.

Practicing putting is harder as you get older. My back tightens up after 5-10 mins of practice. When I was playing "competitively", I would roll 5 footers with tennis balls for an hour straight...no issues.

Concentration - I might say yes on that. I've come to accept the fact that I need to be about a six pack in before I start playing/swinging without fear/steering. Like (back in the day) getting 6 beers in before you take your shot at the chick at the bar.

Played a 36-a-day family deal out in PHX in November. Teeing off at 7am to get in all 36. My first 9 was always my worst round (colder, and not buzzed).

Afternoon rounds was fearless. Whipping it around without a care. I feel like my "concentration" increases after about 3-4 beers. Kinda like "clearing the mechanism", the "desert/trees/rough" disappear...

Back and knees are the quickest way I've found for a golfers game to go down hill qucikly.

Kinda.

We call it “swing oil”…allows you to “loosen” up

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT