ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Henry - New WRs coach

Well..., we had stability at that slot with Heard for multiple years and got what seemed like a billion drops over his tenure along an All Big Ten Wide Receiver who appeared to literally forget how to play the position last Fall...

I'll take a couple of years of high level coaching (and actual Big Ten Level execution) versus any concerns about "stability" ...

I'd much rather have a gifted vagabond grace us with his presence for two or three years than have a lesser talent show up and just do enough to keep his job for multiple years...

This is a Big Time hire... Enjoy it... 🍺😄🍺
Maybe our WR will learn to block better, too

I think this is a good hire but I will say that he was absolutely hated in Cleveland. Coaching OBJ and Jarvis is instant credibility and can make any coach look good. Fans were mad because he left with a year left on his contract and leaving OBJ and Landry, whom he had great relationships with. It’s definitely a improvement and he should be able to recruit at a high level.
On paper his nfl experience should be a great plus for recruiting. I dont know his personality.

I'm a little late to this chat lol, but this is definitely a strong hire. I love the NFL presence of him and Johnson, only question is can they recruit, but honestly, I think as long as they have Kevin Mashak in charge of recruiting, we will get talented enough players, and considering Henry's background, it's clear he can develop wide receivers. Now all we need is a certain someone who has coached the O-line into the ground to be replaced and I will actually have some excitement for next year's offense.

I'm a little late to this chat lol, but this is definitely a strong hire. I love the NFL presence of him and Johnson, only question is can they recruit, but honestly, I think as long as they have Kevin Mashak in charge of recruiting, we will get talented enough players, and considering Henry's background, it's clear he can develop wide receivers. Now all we need is a certain someone who has coached the O-line into the ground to be replaced and I will actually have some excitement for next year's offense.
Can I get an Amen??

He's micromanaging the RBs with the new coach already here so he will probably continue.

Oh, and Hiller is giving TA direct "advice" on how to do things. Gooood luck.

and Coach [Darren] Hiller, that came to me and said it would be wise if we did it this way this year because of some of the things we are doing different.
My guess is Bell seems to be micromanaging as he puts in the offense which will change in the future. I would hope an OC would be micromanaging the instillation of new offense to get things right.

My guess is Bell seems to be micromanaging as he puts in the offense which will change in the future. I would hope an OC would be micromanaging the instillation of new offense to get things right.
Like I said before... That's fine by me as long as his new position coaches know that and accept it. It seems the previous two did not, and that's fine too, because we upgraded them anyway.

For all the bitching about the WR coach, wide receiver has been the best position group at Indiana by head and shoulders for the past 15 years.
Guess I was the only one who saw all those uncontested drops over the last 3 years...

I'd be willing to bet that we had more drops per season over the last 3 than we had, on average, over the prior 23...

I'm damn glad Heards gone.. In my opinion, he did us a huge favor by bolting (and showed his complete lack of appreciation and loyalty to TA in the process)...

Can't say I was overwhelmed by his recruiting either...

Not to put a wet blanket on the Henry hire, but we continue to hire these great position coaches, positions that depend on blocking by the OL. How good can receivers, running backs and even TEs do if there is medicre to poor pass blocking and run blocking?

If Bell micro-manages Hiller and knows what he's talking about then maybe this season will be better. But, if the OL performs like last year (or the last five seasons for that matter) the ceiling for the offense will be pretty low no matter how well the RBs, WRs and TEs are coached.

Can Allen really be that dumb?

Guess I was the only one who saw all those uncontested drops over the last 3 years...

I'd be willing to bet that we had more drops per season over the last 3 than we had, on average, over the prior 23...

I'm damn glad Heards gone.. In my opinion, he did us a huge favor by bolting (and showed his complete lack of appreciation and loyalty to TA in the process)...

Can't say I was overwhelmed by his recruiting either...
He did seem to have pretty good success at first, but recruiting has definitely fallen off.

Reactions: mk24 and 76-1
It's "Official" !!!

Welcome Coach Adam Henry!

Please start with the basics and teach them how to look the ball into their hands, secure it..., and then and Only then, attempt to do something with it...

Looking forward to watching your handiwork help us Win...

Hope he can bring the LSU/Cowboy WR magic to Bloomington! I believe almost all the kids we have, at basic level, are damn good athletes to get to this level. It's probably drive, attitude, commitment and effort that can separate the best of the best. But also elite coaching to help create any possible "success hacks" as possible will help. Hope he can elevate our WR corps, and that Bell can scheme well and that "Weak Link Hiller" can give us enough time to throw without being under complete duress.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hope he can bring the LSU/Cowboy WR magic to Bloomington! I believe almost all the kids we have, at basic level, are damn good athletes to get to this level. It's probably drive, attitude, commitment and effort that can separate the best of the best. But also elite coaching to help create any possible "success hacks" as possible will help. Hope he can elevate our WR corps, and that Bell can scheme well and that "Weak Link Hiller" can give us enough time to throw without being under complete duress.
Often times getting a fresh voice causes players to listen better and achieve more. If you stay a long time at a spot you better find different ways to achieve skills or players will go stale IE coach Wommack ran defense differently in 2020 to very good success.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT