ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Henry - New WRs coach

I think this is a good hire but I will say that he was absolutely hated in Cleveland. Coaching OBJ and Jarvis is instant credibility and can make any coach look good. Fans were mad because he left with a year left on his contract and leaving OBJ and Landry, whom he had great relationships with. It’s definitely a improvement and he should be able to recruit at a high level.

Last edited:
Awesome hire. Wonder why you leave the Cowboys for Indiana? I love both teams and being a Cowboys fan is a similar type of torture...
Maybe he knows way more autonomy on offense at IU versus in pros and with Jones family lurking over you? Coach Allen has turned offensive keys over to Bell, who now has two former pro coaches on staff. (If only we could work a Hiller trade, I’d literally think best staff we’ve had if that happened). I think Bell is going to be a good one. DeBoer was awesome, Sheridan was over his head. Think Bell is ready to shine in the right spot for him now.

Coach Allen pulls off another very good hire to help IU win now and in the near future. IU has NFL experience to go long with the college experience needed in recruiting. Coach lives the "don't blink" mantra when replacing coaches that leave.

Last edited:
I think this is a good hire but I will say that he was absolutely hated in Cleveland. Coaching OBJ and Jarvis is instant credibility and can make any coach look good. Fans were mad because he left with a year left on his contract and leaving OBJ and Landry, whom he had great relationships with. It’s definitely a improvement and he should be able to recruit at a high level.
So he was hated for reasons that no one on here will give a crap about? Works for me!

Welcome to college football. You hire good coaches and/or you have success then people are going to want to poach your staff.
What happens when you hire below average coaches and have no success? Teams like UCF still poach ‘em. #nolovelost

I don’t think he’s going to micromanage the wide receivers once the new coach arrives. He is probably micromanaging the offensive line and thank God for that!
He's micromanaging the RBs with the new coach already here so he will probably continue.

Oh, and Hiller is giving TA direct "advice" on how to do things. Gooood luck.

and Coach [Darren] Hiller, that came to me and said it would be wise if we did it this way this year because of some of the things we are doing different.

Only problem is.....he may only be here 1 or 2 seasons. We need some stability.
Well..., we had stability at that slot with Heard for multiple years and got what seemed like a billion drops over his tenure along an All Big Ten Wide Receiver who appeared to literally forget how to play the position last Fall...

I'll take a couple of years of high level coaching (and actual Big Ten Level execution) versus any concerns about "stability" ...

I'd much rather have a gifted vagabond grace us with his presence for two or three years than have a lesser talent show up and just do enough to keep his job for multiple years...

This is a Big Time hire... Enjoy it... 🍺😄🍺

Last edited:
Well..., we had stability at that slot with Heard for multiple years and got what seemed like a billion drops over his tenure along an All Big Ten Wide Receiver who appeared to literally forget how to play the position last Fall...

I'll take a couple of years of high level coaching (and actual Big Ten Level execution) versus any concerns about "stability" ...

I'd much rather have a gifted vagabond grace us with his presence for two or three years than have a lesser talent show up and just do enough to keep his job for multiple years...

Well said. It's silly to frett over stability. It's like the equivalent of when people say "first world problem" ...if you're getting good position coaches that's the price of doing business.

Hiller…cough, cough

Reactions: sparkeyreturns
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT